HHI - Ophelia

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
I don't like the latest long range model forecasts for Ophelia. They have it going out towards sea, then backtracking towards coast and then a turn north. The GFDL and Nogaps models have it going right over Savannah, which would put HHI right in the worst part of the hurricane to be. Plus they are saying it might be a major hurricane by then. More than likely what is going to happen though is the forecasts will slowly start inching eastward and it will make landfill over us (North Carolina). I've seen this happen time after time. This is exactly the scenario of Fran and Floyd. I've got a big oak tree hanging right over my house just waiting for a hurricane or ice storm to make it drop on us. Anyway, I hate to think what would happen to HHI if it does go the way the GFDL is currently predicting. On our Dolphin Tour last month, Captain Scott said that HHI is way overdue to be hit by a hurricane and that when it did get hit it would be devastating. For a picture of the models go to - http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200516_model.html.

Let's hope and pray that doesn't happen and that all our DVC friends who have HHI vacations next week are safe and sound.

Yep, we leave...or are supposed to leave...on Wednesday and I'm starting to sweat a little bit. I'll probably call MS this morning to see what my options are...

FYI...Called MS. They have no contingency plans at the moment.

Our local weather forecasts this evening were all over the map. One local weather station says the storm will hit the SC coast near Charleston either Monday or Tuesday. Another local channel thinks it will hit closer to the SC/GA line. Both local forecasts have the strom at a Cat 1 at landfall; accuweather says it could be a Cat 3.

This morning I heard a prediction of Ophilia making landfall on Wednesday.

Actually the Disney resort is in the most protected area on the island. Which is why it is named Shelter Cove, hopefully we won't have to find out if the location lives up to it's name.

I'm so worried about all the water around there. Let's hope everything's OK. I'll be thinking of everyone there.

I realize your OP was two days ago when things were much muddier, but I think you're okay. I'd keep an eye on the storm, but I think it's headed north and is not turning around.

Just returned from HH last night. The weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky most of the time. It was a little breezy on the marsh side,but not too bad. We recieved a message on Friday that we should watch the reports and guests who came after us were told that they could cancel with no penalty, but I'm not sure what would happen to the members. It was not necessary to recieve additional reports from the resort because Ophelia was quite cooperative. It wasn't very crowded on the weekend but On Sunday lots of members arrived. We ate at Gieseppis, Scotts Fish House, and Hilton Head Diner. Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter