HHI LOVERS THREAD

Does anyone know if DHHIR decorates any of the areas for the holidays?

(Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

I know many of you have stayed at DHHIR on the holidays and have experienced if they decorate certain areas.
I responded on the other thread... pirate:

I'm so excited!! Even with the borrowing restrictions, I managed to stretch our points and book a spring break trip to HHI next year! That's incredible since we only own 50 points there AND we went this year...and we can only borrow 25 points! Oh, on top of everything, we stayed in a 2BR this year and we are doing it again next year. I still can't figure out HOW this happened. I had to buy 10 OTU points today and use up 44 of my 100 AKV points for the year, but we are GOING BACK TO HHI for spring break 2022!

We normally stay 5 nights in a 1BR, but now that our oldest has graduated high school and has a full-time job, we amended our dates and we will only be going for 4 nights. We will leave early Saturday morning and arrive early in the evening on Sunday. We will return home Thursday morning and arrive late Friday evening and then have the weekend to recover. Since we won't be getting in to HHI until the evening on Sunday, I decided not to "waste" points on a larger room and booked the 4 of us (me, DH, DD18 and DD16) in a studio. Then, the next three nights, we will stay in a 2BR. We could have done a 1BR like normal, but after the last trip, the girls really liked having their own room. My sister and her family had joined us for 3 nights and when they left, my girls took their room. That was the beginning of the end....we may never be able to book a 1BR at HHI ever again.

^Good for you. I have tried to book some of my nights at 7 months, to save my valuable HHI points but it never has happened. I think you were very lucky at 7 months! I need HA units because we cannot do steps, and that’s the only way to get the elevator building. I used to just request elevator, but about two years ago I didn’t get the request and it was just awful!

I have been told that they are replacing the charcoal grills with gas grills at the resort. Does anyone know if they have already done some or all of them?

I’ve never stayed here, but I was just given a stay over MLK weekend.

Anyone that has been in the winter months? I’d love to hear from you. I know the beach will be too cold. Probably the pool as well. Any advice on things to do around the resort?
I’m assuming the quick service food place will still be open even if the pool bar is closed? My kids want Mickey waffles. Hopefully they have them!

I’ve never stayed here, but I was just given a stay over MLK weekend.

Anyone that has been in the winter months? I’d love to hear from you. I know the beach will be too cold. Probably the pool as well. Any advice on things to do around the resort?
I’m assuming the quick service food place will still be open even if the pool bar is closed? My kids want Mickey waffles. Hopefully they have them!
Tide Me Over will be open, certainly. There will be activities, as usual, just check with the recreation CMs. While swimming in the ocean isn't really possible, you can obviously still walk the beach. As for swimming in the pools, both the main pool (Big Dipper) and the Beach House pool are heated to 84F throughout the year. If the "feels like" temperature is below 50F, then the Big Dipper pool won't allow swimming...however, the Beach House pool is open for swimming regardless of temperature as it is a non-lifeguarded pool. Another little known fact is that UberEats, DoorDash, etc. will deliver to the Beach House should the food service there be closed. Have a great trip!

Tide Me Over will be open, certainly. There will be activities, as usual, just check with the recreation CMs. While swimming in the ocean isn't really possible, you can obviously still walk the beach. As for swimming in the pools, both the main pool (Big Dipper) and the Beach House pool are heated to 84F throughout the year. If the "feels like" temperature is below 50F, then the Big Dipper pool won't allow swimming...however, the Beach House pool is open for swimming regardless of temperature as it is a non-lifeguarded pool. Another little known fact is that UberEats, DoorDash, etc. will deliver to the Beach House should the food service there be closed. Have a great trip!
I didn’t ask the question but also appreciate your answer as I will be visiting for the first time over New Years - very excited! My son doesn’t like swimming in the ocean much anyway so he will be glad to have a pool (unless it’s just too freezing) and I’m sure we will find activities to enjoy regardless.

Thank you! This is great info. We are looking forward to our visit.

Heading to HHI this coming weekend, does anyone know if facemasks are required?
Yes--largely the same rules as Disney World: masks are not required outdoors but are mandatory indoors. Indoor venues include (but are not necessarily limited to) front desk, lobby, elevator, Murgie's Den, community hall, and on Disney transportation, which in this case, is the Beach House shuttle. They are not required poolside at either pool. Have a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter