HHI Beach House Towels

klaubaugh

DVC July 2005
We just noticed in the latest issue of Vacation Magic that at HHI pool towels will be in your room for you. So, does anyone know if we have to take those towels to the Beach House or do they still have towels available there?

Certainly not a big deal, just curious as we will be heading down in August. :cool1:

We just noticed in the latest issue of Vacation Magic that at HHI pool towels will be in your room for you. So, does anyone know if we have to take those towels to the Beach House or do they still have towels available there?

Certainly not a big deal, just curious as we will be heading down in August. :cool1:

Now that's what I like... A question that has never been asked before (I think). :thumbsup2 So what's the answer. We'll be there in a couple of weeks and need to know the answer too.

I just got back and I did not see any pool towels in the units. I asked the activity desk for 4 towles everyday. At 4:45 they would open the towel locker by the lifejackets.

The pool towel barrels are still around.

At the beach house the towel bin was still there with a sign that says 1 towel per person.

I'll be back in June to see if this new policy is in place.

Last June there were towel at the pool house at the beach and of course at the pool at the resort. Can't wait to go again, but this year not until August. Hope you all have a great time in Hilton Head:cool2:

Susan and I were there this past weekend. There were towels by the pool at the resort and by the pool at the Beach House. Just the regular towels in the room.
Beautiful resort, by the way--our first time there.
John

Hmm... We won't be there till August but I'm curious about the answer too. I'd like not to have to put towels in my bag too for the beach.

Vacation Magic says that the new towels will be in the room (appropriate number based on occupancy) instead of poolside. Clean replacements will be delivered to your room upon request or during regularly scheduled housekeeping services. Sounds like there won't be any at the pool.

Doing this at WDW might resolve the illegal poolhopping problems.

I'm assuming they hope it will cut costs of washing and drying towels all the time. If you put them in the room maybe guest are more apt to wash and dry them themselves. It's a small pain to have to call for more and wait for them to be delivered so maybe people won't go through the hassle. Just a thougth.

I know this is off topic.....but does anyone have any pics posted of Hilton Head. I'm going for the first time at the end of july and wanted to see some pics of the resort.
Thanks!

Hi, we're at HHI now. You receive the appropriate # of green and white striped beach towels for your room size (4-12). You take these towels with you to the pool/beach/beach house. You can get replacement towels at the beach house or pool by asking a CM for them. You can also get replacements through housekeeping. The towels are also refreshed during trash/towel or housekeeping days.

I was talking with one of the CMs today, and it sounds like one of the major reasons for the change was that between people wanting towels for "souveniers", and people leaving towels laying around down at the beach, towel replacement costs were skyrocketing. This new policy will hopefully help curb the expense, which I'm sure will make HHI owners happy.

Outside of that, we are having a fantastic week here so far! The weather is great, the CMs and the resort are even better. We're heading into Savannah tomorrow for the day. This vacation is flying by way too fast.

Thanks for the towel information.
Do you know what is the deal with lost towels? For instance, I have a 2-bedroom booked, so I guess I will get 8 towels- is there a penalty added to my room account if mousekeeping only finds 6 towels on Trash/Towel service day?

I have no intention of taking towels- we prefer new towels as souvenirs, as opposed to used. My concern is that one of the kids will forget the towel at the beach house, and someone else will scoop it up.

Mary,

I don't think that there is any penalty at this time. Since you might be at the beach or a pool during trash/towel, they replace the dirty towels they see lying around, and assume that you have the rest with you. There's no sign stating that there will be a charge for missing towels, so I don't think that they are charging for them... especially since there are still towel return bins at the pools (makes sense for those who go for a last swim on checkout day!).

The wording on the tent on the towels is:

"For your convenience, we have provided pool towels in your guest room. Kindly utilize them when visiting our pools. If you require a clean towel exchange, please contact Housekeeping on your in-room phone (ext. 41). Thank you, and have a magical visit!"

I know that there was a woman who wanted an extra towel at the pool on Sunday, and she was told that she needed to leave her room key until she returned a towel, or they couldn't give her an extra. She chose to go without the extra towel. HTH.

I hope this takes care of old towels laying on the pool chairs. I was there 2 weeks ago and the resort was less than half full. just a few people in the pool but it was hard to find a chair.

Thanks for the info.
I thought maybe DVC was taking a hint from Carnival cruises and charging for unreturned towels.

Knowing my kids, I think I will pick up some cheap towels at Walmart ffor them, and the rest of us can use the DVC towels;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter