• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI and Virtual School

Dnebxr

Earning My Ears
We have stayed at DHHIR a few times, but we are going in a few weeks and my son will need to attend some school sessions via Zoom, etc. I've never tried this at DHHIR and wonder if the WiFi can handle it. Anyone have any recent experiences logging in for a Zoom session for remote work or school? Thanks!

I've done a lot of work at WDW, and absolutely no way any of the WDW wifi would be reliable enough for this. I have to use my phone hotspot. I would make sure your phone can handle it and not rely on Disney wifi.

If you can just run the Zoom on your phone, it should be fine.

We were at HHI in September and DH worked for a few hours every day while we were there. He had no problems with connections, etc. and plans on doing the same when we return in 3 weeks.

We’ve streamed movies on our devices over wifi in several different rooms there with no issues either! I think you should be fine.

We also streamed movies this past weekend at HHI without issue, and my son Facetimed with this cousin on wifi - also with no issues I'm aware of.

I have also zoomed for work several times from multiple places around the resort. Also, we have streamed HD movies over wifi and have had no issues.

I have also zoomed for work several times from multiple places around the resort. Also, we have streamed HD movies over wifi and have had no issues.
Great news! I’m feeling much more comfortable that my son will be able to participate in his online class successfully…and then head to the pool!!

We were also successful with the wifi for school work this past fall at HH. Have fun!

The wi-fi at HHI is better than most Disney resorts at the World. Different system, and guests here routinely use the service for job zooms, classroom zooms, and even zoom interviews. You shouldn't have an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter