HH news (wi-fi, smoking, sales tax)

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
Some news from Hilton Head:

I was unaware until I checked in yesterday, but DVC HH resort has complimentary wi-fi. Available at both the main resort and the beach house.

As doc posted on another thread, beginning May 1, smoking is banned in indoor businesses (restaurants, bars, etc).

Sale tax goes up from 5% to 6% on May 1 due to a county increase for road construction. Sales tax will go up from 6% to 7% on June 1 due to a state increase.

A side note: the resort is in fantastic shape. I don't think it's looked this good since the day it opened. Everything appears to be freshly painted. The boardwalk at the beach house and the pier at the resort have mostly new wood. The pools and pool decks look great.

A side note: the resort is in fantastic shape. I don't think it's looked this good since the day it opened. Everything appears to be freshly painted. The boardwalk at the beach house and the pier at the resort have mostly new wood. The pools and pool decks look great.

There was a major rehab underway last month. Glad to hear the resort is looking great!

Thanks for the report, John. Everything sounds good!

I think the repair work that required the HH dues increase has now been completed and you are seeing the results of that effort. The increase was caused by the need to accelerate already planned facade repair. This anticipated repair has been included on our Capital Reserve budget, but had to be competed earlier than expected so the Reserve was not adequate to completely cover the expense and DVD "loaned" the HH owners the additional money needed for the repair and we are now paying that back over the next 3 years. I would hope the dues will go back to their prior levels after the loan is repaid - time will tell!

Thanks for the report, John. Everything sounds good!

I think the repair work that required the HH dues increase has now been completed and you are seeing the results of that effort. The increase was caused by the need to accelerate already planned facade repair. This anticipated repair has been included on our Capital Reserve budget, but had to be competed earlier than expected so the Reserve was not adequate to completely cover the expense and DVD "loaned" the HH owners the additional money needed for the repair and we are now paying that back over the next 3 years. I would hope the dues will go back to their prior levels after the loan is repaid - time will tell!

OT :offtopic: Doc , if they're anything like the Massachusetts TurnPike they won't . In the Pikes charter , when it was paid off Toll'd would come down. 28 years later loans been paid toll's still there even though its law that they be removed.

I hope they do return them to proper levels for HH owners.

Hey DVC_John, we're here at HH also.... The resort is beautiful, the staff here is great. I wish I could say the same about the servers in the off site restaurants, grocery stores, etc.

I did'nt know about the wi-fi as I am using a Verizon PC card with really good service (for a change).

Hope you have a great time!

Duane

Thanks for the report... we're headed there the first week of June for the first time in six years. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the report! We are having our first trip to HHI in August and so looking forward to it. :) Didn' know about the Wi-Fi, sounds great, smoking ban, also great and resort in excellent shape, very, very great!! :)

We were there nearly 4 weeks ago and the painting and repairs were in full swing. Glad to hear it's all finished and you are enjoying the renovations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter