Hey Northeasterners...keep us updated.

The weather in northeast Pa is very snowy. We have about 15 inches of snow in our back yard. It is starting to warm up a little. But a deep freeze coming for the weekend.

Another awesome storm incoming. Only 1.5" of fluff today. Meh. This weekend it will be all about cold and wind with snow in there as well. High temps on some days will be below 10F. Lows as low as -10. Those are without winds. So -20F wind chills. Plus 8-12" of snow around here possibly more. Coastal Maine, Nh, Mass will get more with blizzard conditions

This is amazing

And another sizeable snowfall possible Tues into Weds. All kinds of records falling

I don't ever want it to end

I am in North Central Mass...and I have a bit of a winter fetish

One more winter like this and I'll be packing my bags and heading to San Diego. I have NO winter fetish. I like the winter and don't mind throwing on an extra layer, but the older I get the less tolerant I become. The kids will be out on their "own" soon so there isn't much else holding us here. But until then, Let it Snow!!!

Thinking about our friends in the Boston area. Looks like they are in for another blizzard. :crazy2:

We were supposed to be flying to Disney tomorrow night. :(
I am so bummed I am literally depressed from this weather!!! It's just NOT fair.

We were supposed to be flying to Disney tomorrow night. :(
I am so bummed I am literally depressed from this weather!!! It's just NOT fair.
Check with your airline. It might be possible to fly out today without a change penalty.

Check with your airline. It might be possible to fly out today without a change penalty.
Yeah I know that but today's flights have been sold out for months even before the talk of a blizzard. We tried to switch to tomorrow but there was only one seat left. UGH!!
My DH offered to drive Sunday through the night so we could still go, but I'm not sure if we should. We've done it before but not right after a blizzard.
Were gonna play it by ear and see how the east coast looks tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah I know that but today's flights have been sold out for months even before the talk of a blizzard. We tried to switch to tomorrow but there was only one seat left. UGH!!
My DH offered to drive Sunday through the night so we could still go, but I'm not sure if we should. We've done it before but not right after a blizzard.
Were gonna play it by ear and see how the east coast looks tomorrow afternoon.

I wouldn't panic too much. Depending on where you are -it might be a non-issue leaving tomorrow night. If the storm wraps up early enough tomorrow, they could have the runway ready to go. If you were flying out tomorrow morning I'd be more concerned -if anything, those will be the flights to be cancelled.

I wouldn't panic too much. Depending on where you are -it might be a non-issue leaving tomorrow night. If the storm wraps up early enough tomorrow, they could have the runway ready to go. If you were flying out tomorrow morning I'd be more concerned -if anything, those will be the flights to be cancelled.

That's what we were thinking too, but I just got the call from SW saying my flight is cancelled. :(
DH wants to drive down bc we were both looking forward to this trip.

If you're going out today like that, just remember only 10 minutes before frostbite starts setting in!

We want to know that you are safe and warm.

We also want to gloat that tomorrow will be 70 and sunny. ;)

Don't worry....you'll get your chance in August / September.:thumbsup2

You know, I keep hearing this about the summers. I kept two gadgets on my computer desktop all last year. One had the local temp her (N. of Indy) and the other Orlando temps. During the height of the summer months I don't think the Orlando temps deviated more than 5 degrees from the local temperature. However, in the winter, the temps in Orlando were 20, 30, 40, 50 even 70 or more degrees warmer in the depths of the winter. I think I'd be willing to sweat a tiny bit more in the summer for that.

You know, I keep hearing this about the summers. I kept two gadgets on my computer desktop all last year. One had the local temp her (N. of Indy) and the other Orlando temps. During the height of the summer months I don't think the Orlando temps deviated more than 5 degrees from the local temperature.

As they say, "It's not the heat, it's the HUMIDITY!"

I have been in Jacksonville and southern GA in the summer due to work and I would not want to do Orlando during that time. I barely wanted to walk from the parking lot to the area I was working in. Oh and I handle heat MUCH better then my husband does. There is no way he could handle it. We went to Orlando in May one year and he said he would never go with it that warm again. Late September is the warmest we generally do.

Safe (so far) and Grumpy in so.central MA. More snow coming tomorrow and this weekend .

I've been in Orlando in July and August. I think I'll take that over this!!

Holding a proper thought for all of you! While it's bone chilling cold here, we definitely aren't dealing with what you guys are. Keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter