Hey Mickey You're So Fine but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Updated 1/7 Day 7 the end

I'm caught up again. :)

You have had other things to think of.

I really wanted to try that brisket, but we had a lunch and I knew it would ruin my appetite. I have to say we walked through a downpour to get back to that area to try the bacon cupcake for some guy DIS friends. We HATED it. The only part we liked was the frosting. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

The frosting definitely was the best part and I did only eat about 1/4 of the cupcake so it was good for what I tried. Not sure it would have been as good if I ate the whole thing.

Beautiful pictures of the toparies as you walked.

Thanks.

Nice car design!

That was almost all Kristel. I did something goofy in the first part that she didn't like so I let her finish it.

I love that butterfly garden and your pictures truly show the beauty of that area.

Thank you. I loved that whole area and really wish I could have had more time in there. I am working on butterfly in flight pictures and they were very active that day. Kristel wasn't really interested in it so I did have to catch up to her. Maybe if I hadn't lost my wallet I wouldn't have minded staying longer.

I know by now that all of your grandkids are OK, but that WAS a rough week.

Oooooo – I LOVE AKL!!

We load up my scooter with luggage as well. It works great to get things back to the room quickly.

Love your Epcot photos!!

Whew!! I’m glad you found your wallet. It is impossible to enjoy yourself when you are in panic mode like that. Thank goodness!!

LOL on the troll. His teeth definitely looked like chiclets.

Oooo – I love the glass flower photos!!

All caught up!!

I'm from the Philly area also! And I think it's awesome how you made a friend through the DIS. I have actually met some of my best friends here. I went on a trip in February 2014 where I met up with "girls I met from the internet." I stayed in a room with 3 other girls I had never actually met in person before - and I had a complete blast! We're having another meet up this October.

I love AKL! It's my favorite resort. There is just nothing like seeing animals from your hotel. Though I can definitely see how that room would be a little small with a scooter.

So glad you found your wallet! I definitely would've been panicked. And I am one of those women that cries a decent amount so I'm sure I would've been in tears.

I'm loving all of your pictures of the topiaries and food at Flower and Garden. I was there last year and we absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back!

Your pictures are just lovely :)

We were intrigued by the bacon cupcake too. I agree, it wasn't so much a cupcake for me. It reminded me more of cornbread. The density of it mostly.

I didn't get the chance to try the frushi! I totally forgot about it, and I even stopped at that booth! What a doofus. It looks totally yummy though.

The butterfly garden is really beautiful. You got some great pictures.

I know by now that all of your grandkids are OK, but that WAS a rough week.

It really was but thankfully they have all healed well.

Oooooo – I LOVE AKL!!

It was an amazing resort to stay at. Hope to do it again one day.

We load up my scooter with luggage as well. It works great to get things back to the room quickly.

It did make things easier.

Love your Epcot photos!!

Thanks. I wasn't as happy as I should have been but I am very picky about my pictures.

Whew!! I’m glad you found your wallet. It is impossible to enjoy yourself when you are in panic mode like that. Thank goodness!!

I tried to stay calm but it wasn't working. I was in full panic mode. I kept track of the wallet for the rest of the trip.

LOL on the troll. His teeth definitely looked like chiclets.

I know, he was there later in the trip too and that's all I could think. :lmao:

Oooo – I love the glass flower photos!!

They were so pretty. I would have loved to bring them home but didn't think they would survive the plane ride. Maybe next year with Jim since he insists on driving.
All caught up!!

:yay:

I'm from the Philly area also! And I think it's awesome how you made a friend through the DIS. I have actually met some of my best friends here. I went on a trip in February 2014 where I met up with "girls I met from the internet." I stayed in a room with 3 other girls I had never actually met in person before - and I had a complete blast! We're having another meet up this October.

Where at from around Philly. I am actually in the NE area by the airport. Some of the best trips were with people I have met here.

I love AKL! It's my favorite resort. There is just nothing like seeing animals from your hotel. Though I can definitely see how that room would be a little small with a scooter.

The room size was my only complaint but it worked out. I loved wandering in the morning when I got my coffee.

So glad you found your wallet! I definitely would've been panicked. And I am one of those women that cries a decent amount so I'm sure I would've been in tears.

It was a bad way to start the trip and I was definitely close to tears,

I'm loving all of your pictures of the topiaries and food at Flower and Garden. I was there last year and we absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back!

Thanks

Your pictures are just lovely :)

Thank you. I a still angry that I was having camera issues but thankfully got some nice shots.

We were intrigued by the bacon cupcake too. I agree, it wasn't so much a cupcake for me. It reminded me more of cornbread. The density of it mostly.

I could see cornbread too with the density. Just an odd "cupcake".

I didn't get the chance to try the frushi! I totally forgot about it, and I even stopped at that booth! What a doofus. It looks totally yummy though.

That was soooo good. I don't like sushi but I do like Fruishi.

The butterfly garden is really beautiful. You got some great pictures.

I could have spent the entire day there if I had more time. I love butterflies and thanks. I was happy with some of them and I try really hard not to post bad pictures.

I love all of the food photos, yum. I don't like to new Test Track I wish you go through without the build your car area.

I love all of the food photos, yum. I don't like to new Test Track I wish you go through without the build your car area.

I made myself hungry looking at them but am sticking to my diet. It took me a couple weeks to get back on track after that trip.

I like Test Track as a ride but have never seen all the new stuff other than build your own car. I go single rider or FP or just skip it. I could skip the build a car area if given the option but have learned to like it since I have to stay in there anyway.

Day 1 Part 6

Since Living With the Land was closed which meant the other rides in that area were too we headed back to the World Showcase. One of my favorite pictures

We came across some interesting flowers

And the Monsters Inc. playground. It was very crowded with kids having fun. I asked Kristel to watch the scooter and I ran in for some quick pictures.

The whole area was really cute and even had Mike and Sully’s footprints in the “grass”.

We moved on toward Canada and found the sand sculptures for Bears.

They were starting to break down so it was probably good this was the last day.

Now for a PSA. People think about how you look to others. This was a running thing for us the whole trip. Add to the fact that I sit lower in the scooter I get a unique perspective. This woman was probably very comfortable but I saw more of her than I wanted to a few times

I had wanted to stop at Pineapple Promenade but decided against it so there was one last food kiosk – Buttercup Cottage. I really wanted to try the Freshly baked lemon scones with berry preserves and créme fraîche for $3.25.

They ran out of the berry preserves. I am not a huge fan of lemon but these were really very good. The lemon wasn’t over powering and gave it a nice light taste. They would have gotten 5 stars if the berries were on it, instead 4 ½ stars. I offered to share again but Kristel didn’t want any.

We headed onwards and found the famous couples.

And this was Kristel’s favorite with the blue lights

We just sort of wandered around after this. I decided to get some Bonsai when we passed Japan again.

The Flower Power concert was going on and neither of us wanted to stop and listen. I took a quick pic but honestly I still don’t know who they are. The band was Alan Parsons Project.

Found Lady and the Tramp. Lady always looks angry to me although not in this angle

Miss Piggy and Kermit were lit up

Then we watched the trains in Germany for a few minutes. I love the F&G details

Simba lit up

And we stopped at China

We looked around the pavilion and I found some swords that I was willing to get Jay. I took some pics on my phone and sent them to him so he could think about which one he would want.

It was about 8:30 and after some discussion we decided it had been a long day and Kristel wanted to head out before Illuminations started so we could beat the crowds to the bus. I was tired too so had no objections.

I got Donald Duck lit up as we headed out

And Goofy

I wasn’t really happy with this since the camera wasn’t cooperating
\

Have to have an artsy type picture of SE

The flowers with changing lights

Good bye Donald and Goofy

And with that our first day at EPCOT came to an end.

We did beat the crowds and were back at AKL by 9:30. I wanted to see the topiaries and managed every one. I also wanted to sample as much of the food kiosks as possible and I did that so I was very happy. Kristel wanted a margarita and never got one. The lines were always too long and she doesn’t like waiting. I never got the Rose slushie for the same reason but I was OK with that.

Kristel headed in to get a shower and I was sound asleep before she closed the bathroom door.

Caught up!

Beautiful pictures from the butterfly gardens. You got some great close ups of all the butterflies. When I was there in March it was so cool out that they really didn't move much. In May they were all over the place.

I think you photographed every topiary in Epcot. Strong work! :thumbsup2 I don't know if I got a picture of Kermit with Miss Piggy. that one is too cute. I also love the lighting they used at night to make everything stand out.

I had to laugh at your comment about riding around in a scooter and seeing too many things you probably DON'T want to see. :lmao:

Your car is so cute - too bad it didn't perform well. Cuteness definitely counts.

Great last couple of updates

Nice Flower and Garden pics, I love the butterfly ones!

I know what you mean about seeing more of people than you want to see, makes you wonder what some people are thinking when they leave the house or resort in the morning.

Lorrie, catching up again (got rid of my boss for two months so I should do a better job of staying up to date).

Great pics of the topiaries. I couldn't get into the playground with Monsters University when we were there because it had rained and they closed it down.

I'm glad you posted that picture of the "sand" Bears...I want to see that movie and need to rent it.

Sounds like a nice, full day with a lot accomplished on your list.

I love that Monsters Inc Playground! How adorable!
Great updates!

It really was very cute. All I could think was how much my grandkids would have loved it. And I need to get them to Disney again soon.

Caught up!

Beautiful pictures from the butterfly gardens. You got some great close ups of all the butterflies. When I was there in March it was so cool out that they really didn't move much. In May they were all over the place.

I have been working on my butterfly pictures and have learned patience with them. The key is to stay still and focused and then you get the great wing spread pictures.

I think you photographed every topiary in Epcot. Strong work! :thumbsup2 I don't know if I got a picture of Kermit with Miss Piggy. that one is too cute. I also love the lighting they used at night to make everything stand out.

I was hoping to get them all. I am very lucky that Kristel understands my photography needs. She uses the time to tweet and text.

I had to laugh at your comment about riding around in a scooter and seeing too many things you probably DON'T want to see. :lmao:

You do get an interesting perspective of the parks in that thing. One day I want to just go and take pictures of people.

Your car is so cute - too bad it didn't perform well. Cuteness definitely counts.

It was definitely cute but not built for performance. I still don't like the new TT per se but we did have a lot of fun designing the car.

Great last couple of updates

Nice Flower and Garden pics, I love the butterfly ones!

Thanks and thanks. Butterflies are a favorite subject.

I know what you mean about seeing more of people than you want to see, makes you wonder what some people are thinking when they leave the house or resort in the morning.

We definitely asked ourselves that question more than once. Guess I am old school or I am finally growing up but some of the outfits I saw this trip had me shaking my head.

Lorrie, catching up again (got rid of my boss for two months so I should do a better job of staying up to date).

I have a lot of catching up to do myself. Summer's here which means a lot of time at the pool with the grandkids. We are taking a break for the weekend as they got a little red the other day. And I put block on them twice while we were there. Guess I need to adjust how often I reapply.

Great pics of the topiaries. I couldn't get into the playground with Monsters University when we were there because it had rained and they closed it down.

I can see them closing it in the rain. I'm sure the surface gets very slippery.

I'm glad you posted that picture of the "sand" Bears...I want to see that movie and need to rent it.

I wanted to see the movie and never had the time. Guess I have to wait for cable to air it.

Sounds like a nice, full day with a lot accomplished on your list.

It was a full day but a very fulfilling day. I don't know that I want to cram it all in to one day again but I'm glad I did it.

sounds like a great trip.

It was a wonderful trip and more to come.

Just a bit of a life update. It has been a busy summer already. I am not on the computer as much as I spend most days at the swim club with my grandkids so updates will be coming but a little slow.

My grandson Jay is doing great after his surgery and made the elite team at our club. This means more baseball but at a higher caliber talent level. This will be keeping me busy for another month or so.

And the best news is that my cat is home!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

We had a few sightings so my husband started walking the neighborhood looking for him. We found his hiding spot last week and with some coaxing he followed Jim home and finally came in the house. The other 2 cats were waiting and happy to see him. He's a little skinnier but back to his old self already.

I will be working on getting an update on here today for those that have been reading along.

Just found your report, and I'm all caught up. You guys got quite a bit done at EPCOT! Love the pictures, even if the camera was acting up. So glad to hear that your kitty is home and safe.

Just found your report, and I'm all caught up. You guys got quite a bit done at EPCOT! Love the pictures, even if the camera was acting up. So glad to hear that your kitty is home and safe.

:welcome: Hi Darla, glad to have you join in. How have you been? Your DD must be all grown up looking now. And how's your mom? I miss your TR's.

We did get a lot done that day in EPCOT. We knew it was going to be busy based on the arrival date. Thanks about the pics. I get very particular about them and wished more than once I had just brought the P&S but they were mostly good.

Thanks he is home and has taken over the house again as though he had never left. In fact he is curled up on DH right now sleeping.

I promise to have a new update soon. Life is more hectic in the summer with baseball and swimming.

Day 2 Part 1

This is a long time coming, I know. It is actually a crazy time of year and I had several updates written up in Word and ready to post. Unfortunately I had an issue with my computer deciding to do an update and several files have gone missing, including this one. The other one I know of included about 2 weeks worth of work on photo data. I am not a happy person right now but what better way to get happy than to rewrite the trip report, again.

On with the show, or report.

I had a long day the first day so you would think I would be tired. Nope!!! I was up at 6:15 AM. Seriously! I didn’t want to wake Kristel as she had a longer 2 days driving from Indiana. I devised a great way to pack a few trips earlier and it has proved invaluable. ALL of my clothes are in zip loc bags. All I need to do is reach in my suitcase and grab a bag. No need to even turn on a light. Making sure I didn’t have my Friday or Saturday bag I was ready to grab a shower.

I hear the questions – Friday Bag? Saturday Bag? Yes I had 2 bags specifically for those days. Friday had a special shirt for that day’s activities and Saturdays made sure I had the right shorts. I have a couple pair of shorts that I love BUT they have metal grommets. TSA doesn’t like metal grommets. I found that out while traveling with my mom when I kept setting off the metal detectors. I make sure I have TSA proof pants for flying now.

Anyway a good bag in hand I grabbed a shower, brushed my hair and I was ready to face the day, AFTER I got some hot brown liquid with caffeine. I’m not choosy I just need caffeine. I headed out, camera in hand.

The view of the lobby from the 4th floor hallway

The pool which we never did use.

A common theme – the light fixtures

The story of Mara

After getting my coffee I headed out to one of the overlooks. I like to sit, drink my coffee and write my notes for the previous day so I thought this would be a great spot.
AKL from the overlook

Some animals in the distance

I decided to explore the lobby a little more

Light fixture

A very empty Check In desk

Light fixture

I did find a nice quiet area off of the lobby to sit and relax that overlooked the Savannah. So I sat and relaxed and drank my coffee. I then headed back up to the room to see if Kristel was up yet.

We were on the Ostrich Trail

And our door. I loved the door.

I found Kristel up and ready to go. This has been our routine the last couple of trips and it really works well. I joke that she is high maintenance. She showers the night before but in the morning??? She has bags and little plastic containers of all kinds of stuff. I’m very low maintenance. A shower and a brush through my hair and I’m good to go.

We headed to Mara for breakfast. We both had the Bounty Platters but I got all bacon.

I had more coffee while we ate but we both got Honest Tea’s to take with us. She had pomegranate and I had the Green Tea. I wish they had the Peach White Tea, I did not like the green tea at all. Kristel however said her choice was very good. We also picked out our FP+ for the day while we ate. We had very few set plans this trip.

We took one more visit to the Savannah overlook

A walk through the store so Kristel could get a gift card

And we were off.

More will come hopefully sooner than this one.

I love all the pictures around AKL. It is just so beautiful there (and can't wait to be back there in 70 days).

I'm with your friend...high maitenance for me in the a.m. and why I get up before Mark every morning. I have to shower, blow dry my hair, use the curling iron, put on my make-up, etc. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Breakfast looks really yummy. I'm not sure we'll have breakfast at Mara since we are using Garden Grocer, but if we do, I'm sure Mark will be ordering the same thing you had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter