***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Please change my dates/resorts

10/20/17 - 10/22/2017: POFQ
10/23/17 - 10/27/17: Contemporary

Thanks!

You know, I say all this now about wanting to watch HEA. Truly knowing myself, I'm not going to be able to just sit still and wait for a show on our first night. I'm going to be trying to get on rides!!!

I'm the opposite-by 7ish at night my dogs will be barking for a rest and sitting around dong nothing will sound fabulous. No here to hoping that its not raining since that will make a huge wrinkle in my plans. Or lord forbid if it gets canceled for weather and it wouldn't be showing again for the rest of the week. Ugh! with the limited viewing opportunities it sure does open p opportunities for error without much one can do to fix it.

Any idea when schedules and calendar will be updated for October? A lot of things on say no schedule available, kind of makes it hard to plan.

Any idea when schedules and calendar will be updated for October? A lot of things on say no schedule available, kind of makes it hard to plan.

And the first few days of Nov... waiting..... waiting.... waiting :surfweb:

The Star Wars Dessert Party at HS is now open for September, though. That's a step in the right direction!

They're still adjusting for early June dates and that's less than a month away. I'd give it until your 60 days out to be sure. Just look at some days from last year and that ought to give you a good idea. Worst that can happen is you get 30-60 more minutes in the park than you expected.

Look at our Zero popcorn bucket we got at Magic Kingdom in October 2014! I wonder if they'll have something like this again this year?

10346280_1570682463166570_7310677504745982802_n.jpg

That is ADORABLE!!

I saw pictures from last year of vampire Mickey I think, which was cute, but your Zero takes the cake! I love it!

Yeah, we love it!

I want to see other popcorn buckets..I'm going to ask on the main board!

Did you guys happen to notice the travel agent calendar (link in first post) has Epcot open until 10 pm on Fridays/Saturdays in October? Both Future World and World Showcase.

Is this always the case in October?

The hours can change (as can shows) right up until RIGHT before your vacation....how do I know that? Because they did it to me last year...was waiting patiently for the Star Wars dessert party for our trip right after Thanksgiving, and WHAM, a round a month before our trip, they pulled that and inserted the Jingle BAM show and party.

Since we had all our other plans firm, reservations made, and had held that spot open for SW and it was really too late to alter reservations, we tried it...mistake. Food was good, but show, to us anyway, was not (some folks liked it, but we really wanted SW!)

So...all I'm saying here is that ALL HOURS are subject to change....even at the last minute!

Woo! I had to come share my exciting news! I hesitated booking my flights because after waiting to confirm my trip dates for my sister, my job changed and I had to make sure I could get my same week off. By that time, JetBlue and SW were ridiculously high! I constantly stalked and got a decent JetBlue down flight two weeks ago, but home was still extremely high. During my late night airfare stalking, I was pleasantly surprised that SW prices for October are now less than half of what they were just an hour ago! Roundtrip, with bags for $220 is not my best, but it is certainly not my worst! Glad to check that off the list!

If anyone booked on SW, I would go check if you can rebook for less!

If anyone booked on SW, I would go check if you can rebook for less!

Love SW for just this reason, we booked our flights the day they opened up, booked one way each way and flights went down $33 each a few weeks later. That $66 credit will be used the December trip flights.

What the fudge??? This has been a day of crap and it's only 2:00!!!

I get an email from United - our 6 am non-stop flight out of O'hare (which I was sooo excited about) was changed to almost 2 hours later!!! The 6 am flight was cancelled and now is one with stops!

I called, was given a refund and booked on American leaving at 7:10 am. Not 6, but better than 8.

Plus saved almost $300 somehow!

Wait...is this a bad day? :p

I get an email from United - our 6 am non-stop flight out of O'hare (which I was sooo excited about) was changed to almost 2 hours later!!! The 6 am flight was cancelled and now is one with stops!

I'm with you-I HATE flights with stops and plane changes. One thing I dislike about where we live-it's so "end of the world" that we can't fly anywhere without changing planes, usually in Houston. I hope, for your sake, that the American flight is direct.

I'm with you-I HATE flights with stops and plane changes. One thing I dislike about where we live-it's so "end of the world" that we can't fly anywhere without changing planes, usually in Houston. I hope, for your sake, that the American flight is direct.

Yes, it's non-stop. It's still early at 7:10 am, but I was so excited about leaving at 6 am. :(

I hate change. I feel discombobulated. :scared:

Last edited:
So we were planning to go back to Disney end of next May when our daughter graduates, but convinced my husband that Oct wouldn't be as crowded and a little cooler. So just booked yesterday. Stay Oct 14-21 As Movies. Did the mad dash the past day to try and figure out parks and restaurants. Of course, our top choices were already booked up, but you never know. Just so very excited to be finally going back. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter