***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Booked my ADRs last week. Getting super excited. Love seeing everyone's plans posted so here are mine so far.
arrive early on 10/7, AK afternoon, dinner at Boma
*Actually considering staying at a cheaper hotel near Disney 10/6 instead of spitting our drive. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-arrival night hotel near Disney with continental breakfast?
10/8, Epcot day, pool break, Akershus dinner and Illuminations.
10/9, Chef Mickey breakfast, pool, MNSSHP
10/10, leisure arrival at MK, use FPs and try all the shows and attractions w/out waits, lunch at BOG
10/11, pool, arrive AK midday, dinner at Yak and Yeti
10/12, MK rope drop (searching for BOG PPO), afternoon dinner at Crystal Palace (searching for a Ohana dinner instead)
10/13, HS rope drop, pool, Mama Melrose dinner, hoping for Star Wars Fireworks

Do you all use a site for notifications of dining openings? ***********.com has "free" notifications for 2 restaurants but I'm not convinced it actually works. Does anyone use Touring Plans? Is it worth it?

Booked my ADRs last week. Getting super excited. Love seeing everyone's plans posted so here are mine so far.
arrive early on 10/7, AK afternoon, dinner at Boma
*Actually considering staying at a cheaper hotel near Disney 10/6 instead of spitting our drive. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-arrival night hotel near Disney with continental breakfast?
10/8, Epcot day, pool break, Akershus dinner and Illuminations.
10/9, Chef Mickey breakfast, pool, MNSSHP
10/10, leisure arrival at MK, use FPs and try all the shows and attractions w/out waits, lunch at BOG
10/11, pool, arrive AK midday, dinner at Yak and Yeti
10/12, MK rope drop (searching for BOG PPO), afternoon dinner at Crystal Palace (searching for a Ohana dinner instead)
10/13, HS rope drop, pool, Mama Melrose dinner, hoping for Star Wars Fireworks

Do you all use a site for notifications of dining openings? ***********.com has "free" notifications for 2 restaurants but I'm not convinced it actually works. Does anyone use Touring Plans? Is it worth it?

I assume that starred out name is Touring Plans, and yes you can use it with the free account and it works splendidly. I was able to adjust a couple of June bookings very recently. I have one going for October 4th now.

Now that ADRs are done (yay!), the schedule is really starting to come together. Here is our basic plan:

10/21 - Arrival day: pool, dinner at Whispering Canyon
10/22 - MK: BOG PPO, tour the park, departing after FoF parade, dinner at Disney Springs (TBD) - I'll cancel this BOG if EMM opens up for October
10/23 - DHS: RD rush to JTA; late afternoon lunch at Mama Melrose (w/Fantasmic pkg)
10/24 - MK: RD Adventureland/Frontierland; lunch at CP; Pirates & Pals voyage (assuming available on that date)
10/25 - EP: leisurely start followed by Biergarten lunch and then early departure followed by my 40th birthday/10th wedding anniversary dinner at V&A
10/26 - DAK: Plans are fluid right now due to unknowns surrounding Pandora, but will depart the park around 4:00 to attend Spirit of Aloha show
10/27 - pool day followed by 4:30 BOG and then MNSSHP
10/28 - Departure day

I assume that starred out name is Touring Plans, and yes you can use it with the free account and it works splendidly. I was able to adjust a couple of June bookings very recently. I have one going for October 4th now.
thanks! I'm going to try it

My lovely TA got me free dining for my stay at Pop and Im excited! Also confirmed all my ADRs and made a collage of my plan for my MNSSHP costume

Its safari guide/jungle cruise skipper!!

23uv50o.jpg

We'll be doing our first family Disney trip with the kids (ages 5 and 6) on October 15 - 21, staying at Pop Century. The last time I went to Disney World was when I was a kid!

I did my ADRs last week and here's what I got:

10/15 - arrive, dinner at The Boathouse
10/16 - MK, lunch at BOG
10/17 - AK, lunch at Tusker House, MNSSHP
10/18 - MK, dinner at CRT
10/19 - Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef
10/20 - HS, breakfast at Hollywood & Vine
10/21 - departure

Getting excited now! :)

Hi! I'm new here (well I've been reading these boards for a while now, but this is my first post), and thought I would jump in here. We are going to be in WDW Oct. 7 - 14. I'm excited that I was able to get the ADRs that I wanted, although still holding out for a better dinner time at Sci-Fi Dine In.

Today was ADR day and got on this morning at 6:00 AM and just booked all my ADRs except Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party for the first leg of our split stay October trip. I have to say it went seamlessly and it took about 20 minutes. So not bad and very happy! ::yes::

Check-in 10/24/17 Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village Studio Savanna view
10/24: Sanaa (1st timer) 9:25 PM Arrival Day (good luck with this one since we arrive at 6:05 PM. May just cancel and do Sanaa lounge.)
10/25: BOG Breakfast (1st timer) 8:30 AM (may not keep) & Jungle Skipper Canteen Dinner 5:35 PM and HEA Fireworks.
10/26: Coral Reef Restaurant (it's been a long time since) 11:45 AM (I know it's early but it's MNSSHP night)
10/27: Boma Breakfast (1st timer) 8:00 AM (hoping to do Nomad Lounge for Dinner at DAK & ROL)
10/28: Jiko 8:30 PM...praying for that sustainable fish to change over from Ahi Tuna. Sorry but I don't like my fish rare. :crazy2:

Check-in 10/29/17 Boardwalk Villas - 1 BR Boardwalk View
10/29: Rose & Crown Lunch 1:30 PM (eat here every trip. It's tradition.:drinking1) & hopefully Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party (also 1st time) that evening :confused: Boardwalk Margarita night cap.:thumbsup2

Still to get:

10/30: Hollywood Brown Derby Dinner 5:00-5:15 PM then SWGS. A good night for AbracadaBar me thinks!
10/31: This is so up in the air right now. Have to decide between Cali Grille (1st timer) 9:00-9:30, Citricos (1st timer) 7:00 PM, or Narcoosee's 9:00 - 9:30. The idea being that I would like to catch Hallowishes Fireworks and I want a good place to see them.
11/01: Flying Fish Dinner 6:30 - 7:00 PM...having pork belly dreams:cloud9: and of course another good reason for an pre- or post-meal AbracadaBar visitation and topping off the night with a Boardwalk Margarita.
11/02: Departure day still trying to decide on late breakfast or very early lunch.

So far so good but I have a feeling that monkey wrench is coming to spoil all my best laid plans. :headache:

Last edited:
So tomorrow bright and early is my ADR day! 5 am Chicago time. I have the day off work.

So the responsible part of me says to stay in and go to bed on time (I normally get up at 4:45 for work anyways). But the other part of me says, hey you are off work tomorrow, go out and get a cocktail.

Who wants to make a bet which part of me wins? :drinking1

Regardless, I'll still get up...then go back to bed....

So tomorrow bright and early is my ADR day! 5 am Chicago time. I have the day off work.

So the responsible part of me says to stay in and go to bed on time (I normally get up at 4:45 for work anyways). But the other part of me says, hey you are off work tomorrow, go out and get a cocktail.

Who wants to make a bet which part of me wins? :drinking1

Regardless, I'll still get up...then go back to bed....

I say go for it! Cheers!

Good luck with those ADRs @Farro! I know you said that you prefer to do them via the normal browser (as do I). That said, if you keep getting that infernal "Sorry for the Paws" error message, definitely give the app a try. I had zero luck on Monday - even using two different computers with windows open using IE, Chrome and Firefox. Of course, the fact that Free Dining had dropped about an hour earlier didn't help...

I was about to throw my hands up and then I tried booking with the app on my phone. Easy peasy and I got pretty much everything I wanted. I did have to call in for two bookings (the Fantasmic dinner package and Spirit of Aloha - neither of which were available on the app).

Thank you so much for keeping this board organized and energized (love the October mascot)!

Coming Oct 23-Nov 2. ☺ Add me!
As a side note, does anyone know if Jungle Cruise and/or Splash Mt will be closed for refurb then? Thanks!

Oh thank you @TwinMomEsq! This thread is fun for me, part of the trip anticipation!

I will have my phone right next to me if I need the app! Hopefully I don't have to call, all of my places s/be available....

Coming Oct 23-Nov 2. ☺ Add me!
As a side note, does anyone know if Jungle Cruise and/or Splash Mt will be closed for refurb then? Thanks!

You have been added! :wave2:

Sorry to say Splash Mountain will be closed while we are all there. Group hug. :grouphug:

But...Jungle Cruise should be open! :)

Too bad about Splash Mountain being closed for that long. I mean September may very well be the hottest month in Florida. It's like living on the sun! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter