Hey Disney, While Not Sailing, would you PLEASE...

You’d like so huh. Me too. I’m referring to the trivia’s that happen in the pubs. We cruise about once a year and there always seems to be one group of folks that dominate every single trivia. it just gets old. Why try if you have no chance at feeling the sense of knowing the tidbits of random information or knowing the song, and getting it right; and not having them memorized from previous cruises. Would it be fair to ask the heavily repeated cruisers not to claim another victory and let the cruisers that haven’t heard all the questions before have some fun, maybe not fair, but definately better sportsmanship. IMO of course, I know DCL would never do that.
I cant even imagine the fun in doing that for the repeat cruisers.

I do wonder though if keeping the same lists, rather than revolving through a bunch more questions, is easier on the CMs reading the clues especially if they are ESL?

Can it be that nobody has yet mentioned they need a new CC gift to replace the sling bag? Maybe I missed it but c’mon, that needed to happen a year ago.

It's been so long since DCL has been operating, I forgot about this. We used to see the "is it still the sling bag?" question pop up every 3 or 4 weeks back when the ships were going out and now it hasn't come up so I forgot. Yes, definitely new CC gift. That's a good one.

It's been so long since DCL has been operating, I forgot about this. We used to see the "is it still the sling bag?" question pop up every 3 or 4 weeks back when the ships were going out and now it hasn't come up so I forgot. Yes, definitely new CC gift. That's a good one.

Yep, a replacement for the stupid sling bag is LONG overdue. A whole revamp of Castaway Club is in need. Replace the current gift(s) and change them more frequently. Add another tier in the club. Change up the perks and make it so that there are more on board perks. Right now the really only on board perks for CC members are free Palo for Platinum and 10% off in the shops for Gold and Platinum. A revamped Castaway Club would make more people interested in sailing DCL again, but then again Disney Cruise Line has a large following with a lot of fans and they get hooked after one cruise so I guess things like discount codes, discount offers, and an improved CC are not necessary, so sadly im not sure if we will see a major revamp of the Castaway Club anytime soon

Is the sling bag the longest run of the gifts? They must have had a huge deal on those. It's gotta be 3 years or more now.

Can it be that nobody has yet mentioned they need a new CC gift to replace the sling bag? Maybe I missed it but c’mon, that needed to happen a year ago.
Well that was low hanging fruit. How could no one have grabbed that?! 😂
Yes, that sling bag is way overdue for a replacement.

How about changing Cove cafe ( the Magic in particular) back to what is was before the 2018 dry dock. I really dislike the patio type furniture in there now and miss the the comfortable chairs and couches that were there before. It was a great place to relax and read.

I am very sorry for the furloughs. I never want people to lose their livelihoods and hope all who had to leave are doing well.

I am not negating anyone’s suffering. I am simply trying to think of a happy future...something I think we are all in danger of remembering how to do the longer this pandemic lingers.

I was hoping this thread would be a FUN distraction. 😁
Love the thread! We are just Disney Dreaming!

How about changing Cove cafe ( the Magic in particular) back to what is was before the 2018 dry dock. I really dislike the patio type furniture in there now and miss the the comfortable chairs and couches that were there before. It was a great place to relax and read.
View attachment 520512
I think during Covid the new furnishings might be easier to clean. :)

I think during Covid the new furnishings might be easier to clean. :)
Although they had quite a few leather chairs. Much easier to clean. Anyhow trying to think in a post virus world when we get back to normal.😊

Although they had quite a few leather chairs. Much easier to clean. Anyhow trying to think in a post virus world when we get back to normal.😊
Can’t wait for that! Also, the cushions on most of the chairs were quite flat in Cove Cafe on the Wonder in March. Not seeming to hold up as well as earlier chairs. Wonder what the next incarnation will hold?

Hey Disney, while you’re not sailing, could you PLEASE:

Dock the Disney Wonder at the Canada Place Cruise Terminal in Vancouver and offer walk on tours, dining reservations and access to the gift shops. With Fly Over Canada just next door you could provide 10% of an Epcot day experience for... taking out calculator with paper roll... tap, tap, tap... okay, that adds up quick.

Dock the Disney Wonder at the Canada Place Cruise Terminal in Vancouver and offer walk on tours, dining reservations and access to the gift shops. With Fly Over Canada just next door you could provide 10% of an Epcot day experience for... taking out calculator with paper roll... tap, tap, tap... okay, that adds up quick.
Not a bad idea. If they could do that with other ships too. Normally they don't have the gift shops open at port, but perhaps they could make an exception or at least have the dining experiences open. It would be a good way for people who have never been on a Disney cruise to get a chance to look around, see if they see things they like, get familiar with the ship, and then plan their trip.

I was thinking of things Disney could do while they are waiting for passengers to board their ships...things to make coming back to the ship more exciting, so I decided to start this thread.

Hey Disney, while you’re not sailing, could you PLEASE:

1. Revamp Pirate Night Menu
2. Have your cooks learn how to make a decent pancake. (All of the ones I tried were like hockey pucks.)
3. Make more different types of food available on lighter side menu/specialize them more for the themed restaurants

Clearly, I am food obsessed (especially when it comes to cruising). 😂

What are your “would you please” items?
Come up with a plan B for those days when currents don't allow you to dock. Twice I was on that cruise, for a total of 11 days, and I never got to the island once, even though it was RIGHT THERE every time.
Backup tenders? Something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter