Hey...did you feel that?

I was asleep so I missed it! I must be a very heavy sleeper!

I definately felt it!! I live in Mt. Carmel,IL which is about 6 miles from the epicenter. My DH freaked me out more than the earthquake did, though. He woke up screaming "earthquake!!" Freaked me out him doing that. A book fell on my 9 year old's head (funny enough it was the bible:rotfl: ) My 6 and 2 year old never woke up.

A big picture fell of the wall onto our hardwood floors last night, and I thought for sure that someone was in the house!! So, it definitely woke us up here in St. Louis!

Also, at school today, we had a 4.6 aftershock at our school. Ironically, I had my 4th grade students doing Powerpoint presentations on earthquakes at the time! :)

We definitely felt it here--about 25 miles from the epicenter in Southern IL. Both my daughters slept right through it! I don't know how--it felt like a freight train was moving right through our house. Luckily, we just moved into a new house and haven't hung the first picture on the wall. We were going to work on that this weekend, but I think I'll wait a few days just to be sure...especially after that last aftershock at 10:15am. We actually felt a couple of the earlier aftershocks as we were trying to get back to sleep, but that last one was pretty big!

Also, at school today, we had a 4.6 aftershock at our school. Ironically, I had my 4th grade students doing Powerpoint presentations on earthquakes at the time! :)

That's about as funny as the fact that afterwards this morning dd said that her school must have known it was going to happen because they had an earthquake drill yesterday.

A book fell on my 9 year old's head (funny enough it was the bible:rotfl: )

:rotfl2: That's too funny. I just got done telling my neighbor that it could have been worse but maybe God was looking out for us because the Pope was on this side of the country.

Nope, I didn't! I'm about 32 floors up in a high rise at work right now. I live near Joliet Illinois which is further south and I live in a semi-suburban rural area where there is lots of rolling land. Down here in the city, I didn't feel a thing!

The one I felt they said on the news was a 4.5. There had evidently been at least 3 others before that but they were only in the 2s so I probably thought the windows rattling were the wind because the house didn't shake those other times.

My niece goes to EIU in Charleston, IL and the doors of her dorm room were shaking! We slept right through it here in southwest suburban Chicago area.

:scared:

Well all you Southern Illinois, Southern Indiana, and St. Louis folks just try to stay mellow this weekend. I'm sure all the local pubs will be serving up some type of commemorative drink by tonight! Might be a good way to start the weekend!

:rotfl:

You'll do fine if you like your martinis shaken, not stirred.

Now all we have to worry about is the GIANT storm headed our way!!!:rotfl: I think it's time to make blackout cake!

Now all we have to worry about is the GIANT storm headed our way!!!:rotfl: I think it's time to make blackout cake!

I'll pass on a storm. I hope that it's not a bad one with tornados, I don't think I can handle a tornado after having to deal with an earthquake.

Well all you Southern Illinois, Southern Indiana, and St. Louis folks just try to stay mellow this weekend. I'm sure all the local pubs will be serving up some type of commemorative drink by tonight! Might be a good way to start the weekend!

:rotfl:

You'll do fine if you like your martinis shaken, not stirred.

That's too funny!:rotfl:

I'm just thankful that nobody got hurt so we can really laugh about it!:tilt:

ECI8.JPG

This one!

Earthquakes...storms...good heavens...what else can they throw at us? :scared1:

I'm quite impressed. I don't think i've EVER had a thread that had 4 pages before! :rotfl: :surfweb:

I was up all night with strep throat pain. So I was laying in bed wide awake. I didn't feel or hear anything but DS10 came in our bedroom at 4:30am and said - is it storming? And I said no, why? And he said he thought he heard thunder that was shaking the house.

Now how in the world did HE feel and hear it and I who had been awake all night not feel or hear anything at all?

I guess my focus was just on my sore throat. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter