• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey...did you feel that?

scarlett873

<font color=hotpink>Surrounded by true friends<br>
Holy crap!!! There was an earthquake this morning! Not sure how far away it was felt, but someone told me they felt it in Illinois and then as far south as Alabama! :scared1:

I felt nothing...lol. I remember waking up at about 5:30am and looked at the clock, realizing that I didn't need to get up just yet, so I went back to sleep. I guess my DH jumped out of bed, but by the time I got up 45 minutes later, he was sound asleep. I didn't turn on the news before I left...I don't listen to the radio anymore on the drive into work...so I knew nothing until I turned on the TV at work!

Anyone else feel it?

It was felt in Iowa where we live on the Mississippi River. Of course, I was not aware until I saw it on the news.

It woke me out of bed this morning. Strangly enough I woke about 10 seconds before the bed started shaking. My Wife starting asking me why I was shaking the bed....My response "It's an earthquake ya goof". :laughing: I don't think she believed me until we turned on the TV and heard it on the news...5.4 on the Richter Scale.

We did not feel it. We did wake up because we thought that we heard something crash, but went right back to sleep.

I felt the one in 1987, however. That one really shook things.

I felt it here in Louisville, KY. I was asleep in bed and woke up because the windows started rattling really loud, dd sleeps with me and woke up about the same time I felt the bed start shaking. It took me a couple seconds to realize what was going on and dd said "mommy what's happening". I realized it had to be an earthquake and told her we needed to jump up and get in the doorframe. What's strange is that after it stopped and we were back in bed she said that they just had an earthquake drill in school yesterday. We've been on CNN here in Louisville because some bricks fell off of a school in our downtown area.

You have a TV at work?? :worship: ;)

Seriously though, glad everyone is ok. :goodvibes
hehehe...we have a tv in our breakroom area. I work for a computer training center and we keep a breakroom for our students with cable tv and lots of snacks and beverages :) It's nice to have unlimited bottled water and diet coke as I need them ;)

Glad everyone is ok! It kinda freaks me out to realize that I didn't feel anything, but DH did and we sleep in the same bed!

Don't feel bad a friend of mine said her husband and older daughter felt it but her and her youngest didn't feel anything. Her husband was sleeping in the living room and her youngest was in bed with her. She said it was as if one side of the house was shaking but the other wasn't.

That's scary, thank goodness nothing serious happened.

Hurricanes are scary but at least I know they're coming.

I am in the Suburbs of Chicago and I did not feel it, but one of my dogs definately did! He woke me up barking and running around like crazy!

That's scary, thank goodness nothing serious happened.

Hurricanes are scary but at least I know they're coming.
And that's exactly why I want to move to Florida! :rotfl: At least I know it's coming before it gets here!

And that's exactly why I want to move to Florida! :rotfl: At least I know it's coming before it gets here!

I right there with you. We are hoping to move to Florida in the next couple of years. I never imagined being woke up this morning by an earthquake. And at least with tornadoes we know that there is weather coming that is possibly producing them.

Just now waking back up!

Had the gas department out checking for leaks.

Weird thing, I sat straight up in bed about 1 minute before it happened. I never wake up like that, and I was wide awake. Then the shaking started. All I could think was to get down to the boys' room b/c Parker has a large framed poster of Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack over his bed. The frame doesn't have plexi glass, but actual glass. All I could think was if it fell. That was the hardest walk down that hall! I couldn't balance, and it was like walking down a funhouse tunnel, nevermind the laundry underfoot!

The boys slept through it. Thomas woke up b/c of the sirens, so I know he will have to go back to sleep here soon. Parker is quite tuckered too as his brother couldn't let him sleep.

Glad we live on an old fault!

Yep, I was jolted awake at about 4:38 by my bed rumbling. I sat up and thought, wow that's one heck of a freight train going by, then I heard my screen door banging a little bit and I thought, hey, is someone trying to break in. So, I hightailed it down the stairs and started throwing on the lights. I stood in my kitchen (near the knife block) for a few minutes listening and by that time the shaking had stopped. I turned off the lights, secured the screen door, and went back to bed. I laid there thinking maybe I'd imagined it or after watching numerous episodes of Ghost Hunters, finally had a ghost of my very own!

When I turned on the TV this morning the screen said Earthquake. I still didn't put 2 + 2 together and thought maybe California had had the BIG ONE! It takes a while for my brain to kick on in the morning. :laughing:

I hope there's an after shock or two. It was very exciting!

I live on the top floor of my dorm and I thought it was just wind shaking the building really bad but I looked outside and none of the trees were moving. My roommate and I went out into our hallway and everyone was awake and wondering what was happening. People called their parents from all over the state and most everyone felt it. I go to school in Evansville, Indiana and the news said that the origin of the earthquake was just north of here. We felt shaking for about a minute I would say.

Yeah it was outside Mt. Carmel, IL. An area called Mesa Lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter