Hexagonal Blocks On Ground With Names/Dates On

kevankiki

DIS Veteran
On our last trip to Disneyland Paris we noticed there were hexagonal bricks/blocks set into the ground, on approach to the main gate, through the gardens.

They seemed to be dedicated to various people and/or families. Many had dates or years on them too, there were 2000 ones and other, presumably significant years.

There seemed to be space for more too.

So, my question is, does anyone know anything about these dedications?

Okay, a quick Google search, and I found this - http://www.solarius.com/dvp/dlp/promenade-disney.htm

Unfortunately DLP no longer sell these. Shame as we'd love to do this :sad1:

I think a few on the board have got tiles :goodvibes

It is a real shame, as there is definitely space for more!

My Google search also found some archives for the DIS, where discussions had taken place previously, between some that had them :cool2:

I wondered this too when we were there, so people paid to have their names put down on a tile?? Well sorry if I stepped on yours!!
:)
Interesting huh?!

I bought a tile for my first son, back in December 1998. Two years ago I tried to buy another stone for my second son, but I have been told that they have discontinued this service, with no plans to resume it... at least in the short term.

My parents were going to pay for one for my 21st but Disney have stopped doing this, I didn't know they offered it for the Studios too till that was too late.

Hopefully if more people enquire they may rethink and start it up again.

Too bad they don't do this anymore, since it's pretty easy money for them.

I remember one of those tiles at Disneyland in California costed about 250$!

Thanks everyone for your replies, I so wish they still did this, as it would make a wonderful present for a Disney Princess I know!

I do this every time I go to DLRP. I think they are getting to recognise me now! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter