Hertz rental counter at MCO

jrsharp21

DIS Veteran
Looking at possibly renting a mini van from Hertz through Hotwire. Is the Hertz counter at MCO one of the counters that can look like the line for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train? Or does it usually operate pretty quickly. For reference, we are getting in on a Tuesday around 11am.

I currently have an Emerald Club reservation through National. Love that with Emerald Club I can just head to the garage, pick my car, and go. But with not being guaranteed a large vehicle, we are contemplating making sure we have an SUV or mini van. This is just in case one of us gets sick while on our trip and have to drive home because we wouldn't be able to fly.

When I was at MCO in October there were no lines at any of the major car rental companies.

If it’s a very small difference in price can booking directly, you can skip the counter if you sign up for Hertz’s loyalty/reward program before making your reservation. And not have to deal with the counter at all.

If it’s a very small difference in price can booking directly, you can skip the counter if you sign up for Hertz’s loyalty/reward program before making your reservation. And not have to deal with the counter at all.

I think when you sign up for Hertz Gold Club, your first rental you have to have your ID and payment info verified at the counter.

We went in august of last year and we’re able to do all of that online/at the parking garage gate. It was a super weird time to be traveling though.

I think what I will do is keep my Emerald Club reservation. Then when I get to MCO on Tuesday morning I will take a look at the Hertz counter. If it is not too bad I will go on Hotwire and book the reservation if it is still there. If not, I will just keep my Emerald Club reservation.

I think what I will do is keep my Emerald Club reservation. Then when I get to MCO on Tuesday morning I will take a look at the Hertz counter. If it is not too bad I will go on Hotwire and book the reservation if it is still there. If not, I will just keep my Emerald Club reservation.

It would be interesting to see what the price would be when you want it right away, usually the price is very high when you are within days of the pickup date.

We were at the Hertz counter in June and September of last year. In June there was a bit of a line, maybe about ten people deep. I think we arrived around noon. In September there was no line, arrived around 9am. Here’s the thing, though - we booked our Hertz rental through AAA so we were unable to go right to the garage and had to stop at the counter, which was a little frustrating. (But now I know.) I thought the App wasn’t working or whatever was causing me to not complete the pick up online, which is when I found that out up at the counter. I like using AAA/Hertz because the rest of the family can drive the car for free if they are AAA members, even under-25s, and their discounts aren’t bad.

We were at the Hertz counter in June and September of last year. In June there was a bit of a line, maybe about ten people deep. I think we arrived around noon. In September there was no line, arrived around 9am. Here’s the thing, though - we booked our Hertz rental through AAA so we were unable to go right to the garage and had to stop at the counter, which was a little frustrating. (But now I know.) I thought the App wasn’t working or whatever was causing me to not complete the pick up online, which is when I found that out up at the counter. I like using AAA/Hertz because the rest of the family can drive the car for free if they are AAA members, even under-25s, and their discounts aren’t bad.
I've always been able to go straight to the garage with my name on the board when booked on a AAA rate from Hertz. I've never booked direct through the AAA site though, I've always booked using Autoslash.

I've always been able to go straight to the garage with my name on the board when booked on a AAA rate from Hertz. I've never booked direct through the AAA site though, I've always booked using Autoslash.
I book through AAA in order to get that feature with the other drivers. The line doesn’t bother me, though. And I’ve been happy with the Hertz service.

I book through AAA in order to get that feature with the other drivers. The line doesn’t bother me, though. And I’ve been happy with the Hertz service.
You still get the benefits if you book a AAA rate. I was very happy with the service I've gotten from Hertz at MCO.

We signed up for free Hertz gold before we booked thru AAA. I read we'll likely have to show drivers license this first time when picking up but thereafter should be able to bypass line. The rate is pretty good [$278] for 11 days Intermediate SUV , hopefully it all works out [and we even get to MCO without flight cancellation! ].

Would Hertz allow me to show my driver's license and credit card at a local location before my trip so I can skip the line at MCO?

Would Hertz allow me to show my driver's license and credit card at a local location before my trip so I can skip the line at MCO?
Some people have gotten that to work, others haven't. I believe, but I don't know this for a fact, that you can do it at the Gold Plus booth in the garage. At least one of the companies verifies it at the check out booth rather than the counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter