Hertz rental car

chicklet2

Mouseketeer
pulling together a last minute trip in two weeks and went to book a Hertz rental car and there is literally only on type of car showing available. We’re passholders and dvc and go down multiple times a year and I’ve never seen this. I know I remember reading rental cars have been an issue lately but had no idea.

so if I can’t book with my usual Hertz gold member,what other companies allow me to reserve ahead of time and not have to wait in line at MCO?

Thanks!

We always go with Alamo. It is easy to sign up to be an Insider and get a discount. We book ahead of time on the website and then at the airport just have to go to the kiosk by the counter and print out a form to take to the rental car garage right there at the airport just out the doors. You will find the Alamo area on the bottom level and go to the section of the size you selected and choose your car. The keys are in it.

Pretty much all of the companies that are on site have a skip the counter option. I personally have skipped the counter with Thrifty and National in the last six months. Alamo I was able to use the kiosks instead of the counter. Budget I had to deal with the counter but that was at a non-airport location.

You go down multiple times a year and you're surprised there are rental car difficulties on short notice during the busiest time of the year?

Yes,I was genuinely surprised in the one car type available,but it turns out if I changed my drop off time by a half hour most all classes were available.So booked with Hertz after all with my points👍

Check with your employer to see if they have discount codes.
Mine does and I can use for personal travel.
I just booked a 1 way rental from FLL to MCO from 4-29 to 5-3 for $186.
Without the corporate discount it is over $400.

Just an update: Our Hertz reservation was made through a third party site (not UT). Not sure if I can say which one. Anyway, everything went smoothly. We had added our Gold Member to the site but it did not show on the Hertz site. When we arrived we went to garage and they had a car for us.

OT: All of the car rental desks were very busy inside so if you are a member with any of the companies that allow you to go to the garage do it!

Careful renting from Hertz. There was just recently a guy who was arrested here in Florida and spent time in a county jail because Hertz reported the car he rented as stolen. Do a google search and it seems this is not the only one.

Yes, Hertz in particular is the devil incarnate. AVOID at all costs. Just google the news on people being arrested because of this company. They essentially use the local police as their repo agents... and it seems most of these arrests are unwarranted, ruining peoples lives. It is horrible.

Even if you signup to any of the rental company clubs, your first rental usually requires you stop at the counter so they can verify you have a valid driver's license and input various things into their computers.

Yes, Hertz in particular is the devil incarnate. AVOID at all costs. Just google the news on people being arrested because of this company. They essentially use the local police as their repo agents... and it seems most of these arrests are unwarranted, ruining peoples lives. It is horrible.
Actually go through the reports and find out how many of those "news reports" are using the exact same information from a law firm that currently in litigation with Hertz. Or look at the actual cases. 98% of the cases are people that didn't bring the vehicle back, didn't answer the phone when called and/or had other issues. Hertz is no better or worse than any of the other major companies and much better than the "low cost" rental places. Plenty of blame to go around, including the police and judicial systems that are taking automated reports and swearing out warrants based on them.

Careful renting from Hertz. There was just recently a guy who was arrested here in Florida and spent time in a county jail because Hertz reported the car he rented as stolen. Do a google search and it seems this is not the only one.
This is actually happening a LOT w Hertz. Evidently it’s gotten so bad, some police stations don’t even take their complaints anymore bcz they’re fast to accuse ppl of theft, when the car is always on their lot. Google them. It’s BAD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter