• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hertz... Grrrr...

leebee

DIS Veteran
I forgot to add my Gold club number to my reservation. To do so now, I have to cancel my existing reservation and make a new one with the number on it. This will increase my rate by $100. PSA: Don't forget to add your number when making the reservation!!

If you are already a member and book directly on the website and you dont sign in right away, there are other opportunities to sign in as a member before you complete your reservation.

I wasn't clear. I was hoping to be able to skip stopping at the counter. I was going to go out to our local airport and show them my license and credit card so I could skip the counter when I get to MCO, but apparently my Gold card number won't be on the reservation so it won't matter- at least, that's what it sounds like from the website (it specifically states if you make a reservation without your number on it, you can't add it, you have to cancel and rebook). I might go to BGR, show them my id and stuff, and maybe, maybe they'll add my number to the reservation. Worth a shot, I suppose.

I wasn't clear. I was hoping to be able to skip stopping at the counter. I was going to go out to our local airport and show them my license and credit card so I could skip the counter when I get to MCO, but apparently my Gold card number won't be on the reservation so it won't matter- at least, that's what it sounds like from the website (it specifically states if you make a reservation without your number on it, you can't add it, you have to cancel and rebook). I might go to BGR, show them my id and stuff, and maybe, maybe they'll add my number to the reservation. Worth a shot, I suppose.
You can still skip the counter in the airport at MCO and stop at the Hertz desk in the garage by the cars. There’s rarely more than a few people, if any, in that line. They can “force” the reservation when adding your number. Don’t bother going to your local airport as they won’t be able to do anything there.

You can still skip the counter in the airport at MCO and stop at the Hertz desk in the garage by the cars. There’s rarely more than a few people, if any, in that line. They can “force” the reservation when adding your number. Don’t bother going to your local airport as they won’t be able to do anything there.
Yup, I learned this last week. Fortunately, I had to go to the airport anyhow, so it wasn't a wasted trip. I learned two things: They can't add my license/credit card, AND the gold club number is already on the reservation. This is my first rental as a gold club member, but I am hoping beyond hope that I can just go out to the garage to get my car when I get to MCO on Saturday evening, rather than having to wait in line in the airport.

Yup, I learned this last week. Fortunately, I had to go to the airport anyhow, so it wasn't a wasted trip. I learned two things: They can't add my license/credit card, AND the gold club number is already on the reservation. This is my first rental as a gold club member, but I am hoping beyond hope that I can just go out to the garage to get my car when I get to MCO on Saturday evening, rather than having to wait in line in the airport.
Take a look at your reservation on the Hertz website. It should indicate that you're Gold Aisle. I'm at Aulani now, and picking up the car at Hertz at HNL couldn't have been easier. My name was on the Board, I went to the aisle, and was out of the garage in less than (fewer than, that is) ten minutes. Be sure to take photos of any/all dings on the car so you can show the timestamped photo later if they try to come back and charge you for damages. You should do this with every company, not just Hertz. Save the photos, as you'll never know when you'll need them.

Take a look at your reservation on the Hertz website. It should indicate that you're Gold Aisle. I'm at Aulani now, and picking up the car at Hertz at HNL couldn't have been easier. My name was on the Board, I went to the aisle, and was out of the garage in less than (fewer than, that is) ten minutes. Be sure to take photos of any/all dings on the car so you can show the timestamped photo later if they try to come back and charge you for damages. You should do this with every company, not just Hertz. Save the photos, as you'll never know when you'll need them.
Love that you know the difference between less than and fewer than!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter