Hertz Gold Rewards-Counter or Garage

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Haven’t booked Hertz in some time, instead using my DHs corporate code thru avis

for upcoming trip, hertz is over $100 less for larger vehicle class.

noticed when signing into my hertz rewards account, had to update DL expiry date & CC information…check!

then, I booked the reservation, linking rewards; directly on their website

upon reviewing my confirmation it indicates ‘counter standard’ Noooo!!! the in terminal line is cringeworthy

I called hertz, CSRchecked my account and said she saw no reason it defaulted to counter pickup.

Have been waiting 5.5 hours for text back from the rewards department. Ugh

Has this happened to anyone here lately?

if so, were you able to just head to garage kiosk & have them verify ‘identity’?

I just joined the rewards program to skip the counter. The least expensive rental is a "manager's special" and I was wondering if I would still be able to go right to the garage to pick up this car. Awaiting a response.

I just joined the rewards program to skip the counter. The least expensive rental is a "manager's special" and I was wondering if I would still be able to go right to the garage to pick up this car. Awaiting a response.
If you just joined you might not be able to skip the counter at all. Also a manager's special may not be assigned in advance and you would have to go to the main counter to get a vehicle assigned.

OP, you should be able to have the docs verified in the garage. You're name might be on the board anyway and they'll check the docs on exit.

re reward programs I’ve dealt with at MCO, needed to deal with the counter the first time to credentials.

My first Gold rental at MCO had the same email admonishment for “counter” in order to verify CC/DL. I went to garage anyway and on the Gold board next to my name it said to “see agent”. I went into the garage kiosk and was verified and on my way very quickly. FWIW, I typically pick up at 9-11 AM. Also FWIW, I recently switched CC’s, updated my Hertz account and did not have to re-verify. Straight to Gold aisle. I have been very happy with Hertz the last several months mostly at MCO, but also MIA and LAX. No odd charges, toll issues or anything else I had to deal with after the fact. Hope it works out well for you!

ETA: regarding OP’s price, I have a corporate deal with Hertz, and Avis. Hertz has consistently “out bid” all other sources the last several months including Costco, my previous go to.

Last edited:
We rented a car at MCO with Hertz the end of July, as first time Hertz Gold star rewards members (first reservation). Our reservation was pay it later - to be paid on pick up the car. I reserved a AAA rate for a standard car that was the best rate at the time, and included my spouse as a driver. We went directly to the garage to the Hertz area and my name was on the board outside the Hertz office in the garage and it said "5 stars" next to it. We were directed to pick up any vehicle in the 5 stars area (by an attendant in the garage) - however there were no cars in that aisle. So we stopped in the garage office (no wait) and they told us to pick any car in the executive or premium aisles. We selected a Nissan Rogue that had around 20,000 miles on it - very clean. Got in the car, and stopped at the kiosk on the way out to show them my credit card and drivers license. The paperwork matched my quoted rate, and we were off. We didn't have any issues at drop off either. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again.

Yeah for the first time in a long time, going to try them, as Alamo just too high and I’ve been a gold member for years. And yep, my license and cc are up to date, so I’m hoping this Sunday will be no issue with me going straight to the garage, as I picked Kay later too, just in case I see better. But I doubt it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter