hershey park help!!

WE take at least 2 trips/year with out family. This is our favorite amusement park outside of WDW. Since we live only 1 1/2 hours away, I can't comment too much on lodging. We've never had to use them. The only thing that could save you money is if you eat outside of the park. The food is a little on the high side, but there is a great selection throughout the park. On our last trip we packed a cooler full of hoagies and took a mid day break back at the car. (coolers are not allowed in) Discount tickets are sold at local grocery stores and many parks and rec offices in the area. I highly recommend getting there as early as possible..and the water park is busiest from about 11-3...Zoo America is very nice but I'd only recommend it if you have done most other things on your wish list. And don't forget to take the Chocolate tour! (even though we've been through it a dozen times, we HAVE to start every trip with this)

The park is exceptionally clean and the atmosphere is very park like.. You will most definitally have a wonderful time.

I live about 15 minutes from Hershey and can probably give you a lot of info.

How long will you be in Hershey?
Is you Hotel already arranged?
How many days will you be going to the Park?

Thank you we are going may 8-10 On the 9 is competition Our ticjets for the park will cost $32. through the comp. we are staying at a best western for 85.00 i just know im gona get hit in the parks with all the little extras

Food is very expensive in Hershey. Makes WDW food seem like a bargain. We always pick up hoagies and keep them in a cooler in the car and take a nice mid-day break. They have picnic tables and lots of grassy areas in the parking area....you will see lots of people do this. Usually we eat lunch then hit Chocolate World before heading back into the park.

We love Hershey, we go on the years we don't do Disney. Here are some things we do:

Go to the park the night before you plan on using the tickets, I believe they let you in for free to preview the park after maybe 5? Check their website for details. This works great because you can get in when it isn't as crowded and get some more park time. We buy tix from the scouts, but they have coupons at Dunkin Donuts and Wendys, I think for a discount.

Also, we always pick up park maps for the kids and circle where they want to go, so we have a plan for the next day. If it is hot, do the zoo early as the animals don't stay out later in the day when it is too hot (in our experience)

We pack a cooler with sandwiches/drinks the day of, and go back to the car for lunch, they have picnic tables and gazebos, plus Wendy's is pretty close by if you want.

If you are staying for a few days, buy the refillable souvenir cups, in the past it was .99 to refill, about $8 to purchase. We fill it up with ice water at the hotel before we leave for the park, and they let you bring them in. Saves a few dollars a day in drinks.

Chocolate World is a great place to go to cool off, and it is free of course. They have excellent cupcakes too :thumbsup2

Have a great time!

Not a budget tip, but if you like roller coasters, try the Storm Runner or Storm Tracker or whatever it's called. That was our favorite part of the trip!! And the free Take 5's at the end of the Chocolate World tour. :)

I always kind of think eating in Chocolate World is cheaper and more relaxing. If you're going to do CWorld...and you should....plan to eat at least one meal there. The food is pretty good there too AND of course, after you eat, reach a hand in any direction to grab a candy bar!

Food is very expensive in Hershey. Makes WDW food seem like a bargain. We always pick up hoagies and keep them in a cooler in the car and take a nice mid-day break. They have picnic tables and lots of grassy areas in the parking area....you will see lots of people do this. Usually we eat lunch then hit Chocolate World before heading back into the park.

This is VERY true. We've been a few times and it gets worse and worse. Personally, I'd save my hard earned cash for another WDW trip! :thumbsup2

Also, just heard that Hershey is moving its plant to Mexico and laying off thousands!! :scared1: So much for the All American company!

I didn't believe it at first so I checked on snopes, and its true. :scared1: Just an FYI -

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/hersheys.asp

We're locals and have season passes to Hershey this year. (My DD says she's using our trip to "train for DisneyWorld")

Yes food is pricey, though we don't often spend a whole day there. If you do want to eat there on the cheap, Prarie Dogs has good corn dogs, there's also a trailer (name escapes me) near the Ferris Wheel that has popcorn chicken, and there is a Taco place near the Sidewinder ride. Nathan's Hot Dogs in the Boardwalk section has a double combo that can be shared. There is one pizza place just past the Tidal Force ride where you can get a large cheese pizza for $18. Definitely get the refillable mug if you plan on spending more than one day.

Thanks everyone We will onlybe there one day in the parks and im deff packing a cooler thanks again for all the info

Chocolate is still being made in Hershey...never fear.

Here's the web site: http://www.hersheypark.com/index.php
Check out the ticket plans. I think Giant Foods had a ticket coupon too.

The suggestions given are great. The drink cups that can be refilled are a must on a hot day. I'm using mine from 2 years ago. They don't care. Sneaky trick...if you have your own mugs, buy 1 Hershey refillable and fill your mugs from it. It is only 99 cents to refill theirs--or it was last year.

They have yummy milkshakes at Chocolate World and the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing is great. Sometimes they have specials on packs of candy.

Hi I will be going to Hershey as well in July. We will be staying for 3 days, arriving on sun and leaving on wed. How long does it take to go thru Chocolate World? We only plan on spending 1 1/2 days in the park, and on the last day go to lancaster. We are staying at Days Inn North Harrisburg. Do you know where we can get discounted tickets? Is there anything that we should make a point of seeing or anything that we should avoid? thank you

We're going Thursday, May 13 - Saturday, May 15, for dd12's choir. Now I find out that Springstein is playing there on the 15th - I guess it's going to be super-busy?! Hoping to get the big rides done on Thursday - any tips for a crowded park? We've always gone mid-week in June.

Hi I will be going to Hershey as well in July. We will be staying for 3 days, arriving on sun and leaving on wed. How long does it take to go thru Chocolate World? We only plan on spending 1 1/2 days in the park, and on the last day go to lancaster. We are staying at Days Inn North Harrisburg. Do you know where we can get discounted tickets? Is there anything that we should make a point of seeing or anything that we should avoid? thank you

July gets more crowded, but you will likely be able to do the main park in one day. It's up to you how much time you spend in the Boardwalk/water play area, that can take most of a day by itself. Chocolateworld is also up to you on timing. There is a 20 minute 3D show that you can purchase ticket for, there is a 15 minute "Factory Works" attraction that you can purchase (not worthwhile IMHO), there is the free Chocolate World ride where you get sample candies at the end and then you go into the bakery/food/gift shop area. Timing there is also up to you.

You can purchase discounte tickets at Giant Food Stores (there is one about 5 minutes from the gate) for around $37 +/-. They allow you to "preview" the park with admittance 3-4 hours the park closes the night before. (This "preview includes your parking, so don't lose your parking pass.) I know they also offer 2 and 3 day tickets, but I can't comment on those.

NEVER PAY FULL PRICE!!!! I am a local and grew-up on Hershey Park since pre-Super Dooper Looper! Just the old Comet and the Scrambler!! :rotfl:

Coupons ....

May $14.00 off with code 6631 online at hersheypark.com
June $12 off with 6632
July $10 with 6633
Aug or Sept $8 off with 6634

Or get this in paper form to use at gate at local Subways

-----

Also, Mom's get in free on Mother's Day with a coupon from a local Friendly's

-----

Also, Giant Food Stores of PA always sells reduced priced tickets at the CM booth. Call any Giant for current prices.

-----

Also, HP sells dicounted tickets through local churches and schools as a fundraiser. Many folks snatch these up and re-sell on Ebay at a great discount.

-----

Also, if you know someone who uses Shipley Oil in PA they offer the Shipley Play Day. Greatly reduced tickets for customers and friends that includes a buffet meal at a pavilion (no ID required, paper ticket mailed in snail mail to you).

----

Also, they give away "free" tickets annually with purchasing 30 of the 20 oz Pepsi products at Giant Food Stores. Two per household. But, the deadline for this is gone for this year.

----

Also, check the website often and click CONTESTS. Enter as often as allowable. Prizes often include free tickets to ZooAmerica, free tickets to events like Springtime in teh park, and free tickets to main park

July gets more crowded, but you will likely be able to do the main park in one day. It's up to you how much time you spend in the Boardwalk/water play area, that can take most of a day by itself. Chocolateworld is also up to you on timing. There is a 20 minute 3D show that you can purchase ticket for, there is a 15 minute "Factory Works" attraction that you can purchase (not worthwhile IMHO), there is the free Chocolate World ride where you get sample candies at the end and then you go into the bakery/food/gift shop area. Timing there is also up to you.

You can purchase discounte tickets at Giant Food Stores (there is one about 5 minutes from the gate) for around $37 +/-. They allow you to "preview" the park with admittance 3-4 hours the park closes the night before. (This "preview includes your parking, so don't lose your parking pass.) I know they also offer 2 and 3 day tickets, but I can't comment on those.

Thank you for the information! We were planing on doing the preview plan, I'm glad that the parking is included in this it will save a little bit. I will have to call Giant Food Stores to find out what the price of the tickets are. Has anyone eaten at the Hershey Farm Restaurant? We were looking at the Smorgasbord and it looked better than some of the other restraunts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter