Here's the postcard thread for returning/future cruisers - "Pay-it-forward!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by LittleB's Mom
Going on Western Magic end of February 2005 and my DD (5) would love a postcard from Belle (or any princess for that matter)! Thanks so much!

Check your PM's

Perhaps some of you might want to send my son a post card for his class project. Lets see how many cruisers and port of calls we get.

Here is the information:

We have a project in our geography class called "Post Card Exchange." Pease help me and see how many cards we get.

The objective is to familiarize students with communities around the United States and beyond through communication with friends, family and personal travel.

How the competition works: Students compete with other class periods and their teacher. Whoever has the most postcards in December and then again in May wins. There will be a reward to the winning class in December and a reward to the winning class in May.

Rules:
Florida postcards (since this is where we reside) are nice and welcome, but they will not count towards the tally.
The postcard must have the student's first and last name written in greeting.
No electronic postcards.
Postcards must be sent directly to Odyssey Middle School and postmarked outside of Florida.

REGULATIONS:

Only 1 postcard per individual, per place. In other words, 6 postcards postmarked in Yonkers, NY from Grandma A equals 1 postcard. One postcard from Grandma A and one from Grandpa A equals 2 postcards. However, if Grandma A visits another town, state or country, she is more than welcome to send another postcard that will count towards tally.

Please understand that postcards are being used for educational purposes. It is perceivable that they will be personal to students, to a certain degree. Be advised that if they are deemed inappropriate (anything that may be obviously embarassing to the student, his or her peers, or teacher) they will not count towards tally.
An international postcard counts as 5 domestic postcards.
Students are strongly encouraged to send postcards to their class when they travel outside of Florida during this school year.
Please send postcards to:

Kevin O'Donnell
c/o Odyssey Middle School
Ms. Flake's Geography Class
9290 Lee Vista Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32829

Not sure what to say: Here is the type of information we're looking for:

Climate Information
Local Landmarks
What people do for a living
Local new stories (write something about what is currently taking place in the area)
Anything related to Geography
Thank you so much for your help and we will try to let you know how we did.

Thanks

Bumping - page 4 is way to far back for this!!

3_12_24v.gif

My DD would love to receive a postcard from any of the princessesprincess: She is so excited about our trip, can hardly wait. We will be on the Jan 29, 2005 Magic.

Will gladly pay it forward from that trip.

Thanks and Pixie Dust:earsgirl:

Request has been filled Thanks:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by mommy2mrb
My DD would love to receive a postcard from any of the princessesprincess: She is so excited about our trip, can hardly wait. We will be on the Jan 29, 2005 Magic.

Will gladly pay it forward from that trip.

Thanks and Pixie Dust:earsgirl:

:wave2: Just sent you a PM

We are going on DCL 12/5 and my son-5- would love to get a postcard.

Thanks to tlrotzoll! My family is now covered.:wave:

We are going on the 11/27 Magic and my 2 daughters and son would love to get postcards. Thank you to everyone involved in this wonderful project :)

Hi we will be on the Wonder on 10/31/2004 to 11/4/2004. I would be more then happy to send some postcards from either Orlando or Castaway Cay. Just send me a PM and let me know the names and such.

Jen

It is very exciting. Here is a note that Kevin posted on the other boards regarding his postcard assignment:

Boy are we excited. After missing two more days from school because of hurricane Jeanne, we went to school today to find approximately 30 postcards. Mom will go to school this week to see and document where each one came from. However, we did receive postcards from the Oakland As (baseball team) and from NY Governor George Pataki.

We are so excited and can't wait to get to class to see where the next batch is from.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who has taken the time to send one and keep them coming.:jumping1:

We are cruising in December 04 aboard the Wonder. My two kids would be thrilled to receive a postcard from Mickey and Minnie. Anyone who can help please send a PM. Thanks

- disneyfox23

Updated 10/04/04
My Thanks to Verandahman for taking care of our request.

We will be on the 10/30 Magic and DS-4 would love to receive a postcard. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Jennifer

If any request here has not been answered, please send me a PM or e-mail, and I will be happy to fill your request.

We will be on the 12/4 Magic cruise and our son would LOVE a card from Mickey or Tigger!

TIA

dizney-cruiser has kindly offered to take care of this for us. Thanks much!!! :earsboy:

We're going on the 10 day cruise 12/18 and DS (8) would be thrilled to get a card beforehand...We'll repay in kind when we return! If at all possible (he's very bright and a great reader) -- can the card come from FL or CC? He's pretty good at noticing these detail...

Thanks!

THANKS MARCY in FL! That was quick! :Pinkbounc

We are getting excited for our first cruise on the Magic, November 27th. I know our DD age 7 and DS age 5 would be thrilled to receive a postcard (FL postmark not needed).

I would be happy to pay forward such a special gift upon our return.

Thanks for taking the time to make a great vacation even more special!

Gailyn

:sunny:

Thank you so much Melisa! :D

Hi all,

we are also going on the 10 day christmas cruise and my DD 8, and DS 4.5 would love to get a postcard announcing the trip.

Thanks in advance

- David

Thanks for the quick response from Kathy and others who responded as well.

Kathy have a great trip.

Request Fulfilled

Thanks MelisaZack, the kids were thrilled!!

Hi All,

We are going on the Eastern on Nov 13. It's our first cruise ever and my kids, Katherine and Daniel would love a card. I'll be happy to return the favor when we return. What a great group this is, that we would help make each other's cruise so special. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter