Here's a thought... Is Boo really Molly Davis?

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
You've probably read that the Orange clownfish toy that boo hands to Sulley near the end of Monsters, Inc. is Nemo from Pixar's next animated feature. You surely noticed that she handed him a Jesse doll.

Aren't Jesse dolls extremely rare? If so, could it be that the Jesse doll that Boo handed Sulley is not just another Jesse doll, but the one we all know?

If that's the case, then Boo would really be Molly Davis, Andy's little sister.

If Toy Story III ever gets made, I wonder if Pixar might weave Sulley into the story, if only as a gag.

If you watch both Toy Story films, Molly clearly has blonde, curly, hair. I also think that Molly is already much older in Toy Story 2.

It was Woody that was rare.
The prospector was 'a dime a dozen'.
Jessie probably was common, otherwise the collector probably would have sold her for whatever he could assuming that he'd never get his hands on a rare Woody.
-
I don't remember Molly being growd up in 2? But then again I don't remember her in the film at all.
-
Great thought though, then this film could be subtitled Toy Story 2.5: Molly's Adventure:)
-
Maybe Eisner could claim that this is therefore a Toy Story sequel and therefore doesn't count towards Pixar's contract requirement?

I thought it was just a reference to how popular Jessie is in OUR universe and was no attempt to tie Monsters universe with Toy Story's.

:earsboy: I think that they just added Jessie doll to the movie because it was another pixar movie. If you remember when Randall was sent through his final door he came out at the trailer that was in A Bugs Life. I dont think that it means boo is Molly. But you never know...

I'm with WesleyCM - thinking it's another cross-movie reference (like Belle appearing in Hunchback, a little Beast figure in Aladdin). My son (15) thought it was hilarious!

Pixar is great for site gags. I've seen hundreds of them over the years. They love adding in different things from their other known works into their movies. That was the whole thing with the lamp knocking Buzz out of the window in TS1. They've planted gags in everyone of thie movies. Wheezy from TS2 isn't just any penguin, he's meant to represent Tux, the mascot for Linux operating system which Pixar uses as their programming format (and what I use for my OS)

:earsgirl:
43 more days!!!

umm ya molly doesnt look anything like boo.

after three viewings i see boo as bieng a mut. asian idian and maybe something else

molly looks straight up white.

in ts2 i also thought molly was much older then boo. when we see her walking she looks alot older in ts2

Another vote for that Boo is not Molly. Boo just has a Jessie doll because of Toy Story 2, which is apparantly as popular with Boo as the rest of the real world, just like the hidden Bgs Life merchendise at Al's Toy Barn in Toy Story 2.

I agree... Boo is not Molly, not by a long shot. They don't look anything alike.

How about when Randall is practicing blending in with different backgrounds and his assistant pulls down a piece of the cloud wallpaper from Andy's room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter