Here We (or "I") Go Again!!!! A note to other Soloists!!!

LadyDiznee123

DIS Veteran
Hello All.

Well, my first solo trip was back in Oct / Nov 2015 and it was a blast! Met four great DISers and they were all such a delight to break bread with, and really served as an extra added blessing for a great Disney experience.

I called that 2015 booking a “blind” booking. Meaning, that I booked that trip (8 days, park-hopper, PopCentury) during a time that I did not know if I’d be able to really afford the trip. Nonetheless, I went to DisneyGo website and booked it. That’s when the magic happened. Money flowed to me. I had to take that ole “Law of Attraction” first-step and it all fell into place. From a lovely first class flight (that was a bucket list thing because I’d never done so before), to falling into the Free Dining Plan offer!

While I did indeed have a great time, I was not used to the crowds. I was a tad taken aback. My four previous years had been 97-98-99-00 in Oct/Nov, and during that time (the Food and Wine Festival was NEW) – doing Disney was a breeze. My husband and I were constantly walking straight on to rides. Or we had 10 minute wait times, etc. But now that I know what to expect, I will indeed manage this trip differently to get the most of this trip. I will make it a point to do rope drops to get the most out of my day. Admittedly, I awakened too late on too many days. I can walk all day and night… but I’m NOT a morning person – and don’t like setting a clock on “vacation” – but I will do it this time. This way I can always go back to my resort and take a short nap then head back out for less hurried activities.

THIS TRIP: Is another blind trip. I’ve been lurking on the boards for months and I see the posts about the crowds, the refurbs, new lands that won’t even be up and running if I go this year. Plus, funds are limited. Yet Disney keeps calling me. After the 2015 trip, It took me a number of months to recoup from the exhaustion. I told myself that I didn’t care to see WDW any time soon. Well that feeling must have worn off – because I’ve gotten that Disney itch again. So I told myself, just get it out of your system and do a short trip because its all you can afford anyway. No , you don’t have a lot of money – but go to the DisneyGo site and just get some numbers on a 4-5 day getaway for yourself. I prefer not to do Disney for less than 8 days, but – as I said – it was really CALLING me. So I went to the site, and 6 Days at ALL STAR MOVIES with park hopper (and hopefully Free Dining) was only 1072.00. What the what!!!?? I told myself… I’M DOING IT! It’s not officially booked yet. I still have to put my 200.00 down on it, but I just wanted to see the numbers, and the numbers look more than doable than I'd imagined. I believe that if I take the first step towards doing it… the money will come as it did last time. I am booking for Thurs Sept 7th to Tues Sept 12th. 2017.

I’m hoping again to meet some DISers and I’m getting stupid excited.

Also, want to note to any new SOLOISTS that may be lurking – that SOLO is a blast! No better way to do Disney than on your own. If you look like you are having fun (and I really WAS) then if anything – no one has “pity” for you. You just get good smiles and fun conversation. NOT ONCE did I encounter anyone who asked me why I was alone, and I struck up dozens of conversations. If they did ask… I would tell them that I was just doing my own thing apart from my family. Because advertising you are alone is not a good idea imo. As well… some people just don’t get it. You have to be a really Disney nerd to get it! Admittedly, only once did I wish to have a partner and that was on the Mad Tea Party Teacups. Feels a little lonely steering on your own… but I still enjoyed it!

DISNEY 2017!!!

Last edited:
Way to go Girl!!

R U going to go to MNSSHP?

HECK NO! That's a whole other post, lol. I will post on it. It was the low point of my 2015 visit. I will never do it again! I did however meet the Seven Dwarfs before the MNSSHP. I will be wise to skip it this year, but I will post why later!

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm so excited that you know what you want to make your trip the most magical for YOU, which is all that matters......

I've been to WDW a few times with DH, that essentially turned into solo days and nights for most of the time. Did lots he would never do or be interested in.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm so excited that you know what you want to make your trip the most magical for YOU, which is all that matters......

I've been to WDW a few times with DH, that essentially turned into solo days and nights for most of the time. Did lots he would never do or be interested in.

My former husband and I were always in sync. But sounds like its time for YOU to do Solo! You can always enjoy another destination with your DH. That's the thing about Solo. Even if you are both Disney nerds - not being in sync is the killer. At first the thought of going solo was a definite no for me... then I got on the DIS boards and realized all of the posters were right. It's the only way to fly! :moped:

Regardng MNSSHP... It's not like I was utterly unprepared for what happened... I was warned (via DISers) about the crowds. But I tried. I give myself an A for effort. I left early and at least got a bit more rest at my resort for the next day ahead.

That trip was a blast! I am glad I went solo to Disney also! I also never felt looked at or people felt it was odd that I was there alone. Met a lot of great people and had the time of my life!

That trip was a blast! I am glad I went solo to Disney also! I also never felt looked at or people felt it was odd that I was there alone. Met a lot of great people and had the time of my life!

KELLIE!!!! HI KELLIE!!! You were SOOOO much fun to be with. Thank's for being a great mate! And don't post that TOT pic! lol. rofl. So.... what are you doing Sept 7th to Sept 12th???!!! That 1072 gets cut down to 536 if I can find a pal! Not bad for six days and park hopper!

Heyyy! I will actually be going to Niagara falls at that time :( I have been planning for 2018... trying to hold off until Pandora was up! I definitely need a disney solo trip again sometime though! I had such fun! Dont worry I wont, even though that picture still cracks me up!

Heyyy! I will actually be going to Niagara falls at that time :( I have been planning for 2018... trying to hold off until Pandora was up! I definitely need a disney solo trip again sometime though! I had such fun! Dont worry I wont, even though that picture still cracks me up!

Niagara is wonderful! I went on just a short two day visit on the New York side. Did Thousand Island tour, etc.
2018 really IS the better time to go... Disney just won't stop calling me. Anyway, it isn't certain, but I still think I can make it. Perhaps I can still book for 2018 as well. I'd love to get back to my every year visits. But I would certainly be able to afford a 2018 trip if I start on it now. That would be nice.
Enjoy Niagara!

UPDATE:
Law of Attraction is in effect. Looks like I'll be making some extra money via my current employer. Booking is looking more and more likely! Whoo-hoo! Hoping I fall into the free meal plan again! But I did change the dates. I am going in Nov now. 2nd to 7th. Also forced to change resort to ALL STAR SPORTS which I really did not want to do. This may have to change again. For now.... it is what it is. :guilty:

I'm brand new to these boards as of about 5 minutes ago but it's so great to hear the enthusiasm and meeting like minded people! I have my first solo trip booked for sept 24-0ct 1st. Not worried about being alone as I love my own company and I can't wait to be able to do my own thing.
Last time I was there I actually cried at one point in frustration at how much my family was arguing over what to do/where to go and it sucked the fun out at some points. No problems with that this time!!! Can't wait

I'm brand new to these boards as of about 5 minutes ago but it's so great to hear the enthusiasm and meeting like minded people! I have my first solo trip booked for sept 24-0ct 1st. Not worried about being alone as I love my own company and I can't wait to be able to do my own thing.
Last time I was there I actually cried at one point in frustration at how much my family was arguing over what to do/where to go and it sucked the fun out at some points. No problems with that this time!!! Can't wait

Family arguing? EXACTLY. I'm an introvert and absolutely loved it. Loved not having to ask or settle for what someone else wanted to do. Nothing in the world like it. Enjoy!

I'VE CHANGED RESORTS AGAIN! BACK AT POP!
For a total of 95 dollars more I got POP CENTURY on the same dates as my ALL STAR SPORTS. So my cart is now officially changed to POP! Whoo-hoo. I started watching THE ADVENTURES OF PEAS AND CARROTS You Tube Vlog Review on POP CENTURY. When they began doing the pros and cons - comparing it to ALL STAR and began to talk about the bus transportation.. I knew that I could no longer let a mere few dollars separate me from a more comfortable stay. I am not a diva about most things.. but I am a diva about bus transportation. So... I'm back at POP!

Hi LadyDiznee,
Congratulations on your upcoming trip.Who knows, if the lava flow of good luck continues, you may end up at the Poly!

I'm a local and was wondering if you'd like to meet up for a drink/tea/coffee, or ice cream at Ghirardelli, a meal at DS or something else that fits in your plans.

I've always had good luck meeting Dis people and your lava flow of good luck is sending out good vibes.

I'm open to other suggestions even if it's a polite "hose off!":duck:

Post or pm me if you're interested.
Thanks

Hi LadyDiznee,
Congratulations on your upcoming trip.Who knows, if the lava flow of good luck continues, you may end up at the Poly!

I'm a local and was wondering if you'd like to meet up for a drink/tea/coffee, or ice cream at Ghirardelli, a meal at DS or something else that fits in your plans.

I've always had good luck meeting Dis people and your lava flow of good luck is sending out good vibes.

I'm open to other suggestions even if it's a polite "hose off!":duck:

Post or pm me if you're interested.
Thanks

Hello 2Disneywego... I will definitely hit you up privately shortly. Like my last trip... the flow is continuing and it looks like I'll be booking in June! And I have added an extra day.. .so seven days instead of six. Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to possibly meeting you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter