Here now with multi experience pass, what to get???

HuskyGal

DIS Veteran
Newbie. here now, what ride to use for multi experience pass? Somehow we got some???

First look to see what rides it can be used on. There are different kinds of multiple experience passes.

If they just showed up, you likely had a ride go down that you had FPs for.

We found out the hard way that they aren’t all good for all rides. We saved ours to ride Guardians and when we got there they showed us it wasn’t good for that ride. I had no idea. It was our last ride of the night and we were leaving to drive home and the cast member let us in anyway when he saw how disappointed my kids were.

Use it on the most popular ride you can. (Check for exceptions- we have gotten multiple experience FPs good for anything except Radiator Springs Racers) Popularity For Fastpass rides goes in roughly this order:
Disneyland- Space, Indy, Matterhorn, Splash (depends on time of day and time of year), Star Tours, Thunder, Buzz, Haunted Mansion, Roger Rabbit
California Adventure- RSR, GOTG, Toy Story, Soarin’, California Screamin’ (closed now to change to Incredicoaster) Grizzly, Goofy.

sorry ,, I missed something , whats a multi experience pass? How do u get one or use one?? TIA

Thanks, everyone, for responding. We ended up using it later for big thunder because we were in that area. I know, anticlimactic. Sorry!

For the poster who asked what is a multi experience pass, From what I’ve read here, that means the ride you have a fastpass for has gone down for a while and then the fastpass turns into a multi experience pass. When you click on the multi experience pass, there is a list of rides it’s good for. We were in Disneyland and I only saw rides for Disneyland on the multi experience pass, not DCA. I don’t even remember what ride the original fp was for because we went through so many of them.
Maxpass is definitely worth the money. It’s crazy fast, we couldn’t keep up with them and kept missing our times. I think we missed our fp times for space mountain 2-3 times today. A very different experience from last year with the paper fp system. I really wish they would expand the fp rides to include smaller customers. My 37 inch boy had to keep riding buzz because the return time was short.

sorry ,, I missed something , whats a multi experience pass? How do u get one or use one?? TIA

They're given through various means. The most common being when a ride you held a FP for goes down. I have gotten so many different explanations of the protocol for what triggers these that I cannot even begin to tell you what will guarantee one gets issues. It was the moment a ride goes down within your window. This seems to have changed, but I've never gotten the same story twice.

I've also received ones when the system glitched and did not issue me multi experience passes as it was supposed to. The CM gave me ones that were good for any ride (even non FP rides).

No matter what, they all come with different restrictions from what park they can be used in to what rides they can be used for. The details will be on the pass.

You use it just like any FP: scan your ticket media or scan directly from the app. Some recommend scanning from the app just to guarantee the wrong pass isn't claimed (ex: you have a FP for Buzz and multi, but scanning into Buzz claims the latter instead of the former). I've yet to have this issue and I always screenshot my FP just to be sure, but it is a concern some have expressed and run into.

So, I presume it's somehow abundantly clear which pass you are using on the app (fastpass vs multi experience pass)?

So, I presume it's somehow abundantly clear which pass you are using on the app (fastpass vs multi experience pass)?

This is one time that I scan the phone's bar code for the FP (or multi-experience) instead of my (easier) park ticket. Sometimes if you have multi-experience and a regular FP it uses the wrong one. True story example: I had a multi-experience and a FP for Toy Story Mania. We scanned our park tickets at TSM and it took the multi-experience, which we had planned to use at Screamin' right after. If I had used the specific bar code for TSM from my phone, it should have worked the right way.

The CMs helped us get a FP back to use at Screamin after I explained (and had screenshots to prove), but it took multiple CMs, gizmos, and more time than I wanted. It was nighttime and we made it onto Screamin just before they clsed the line before WoC.

PHXscuba

Yes, they are very clearly in a section called “my plans” and are be labeled fastpass, the ride name, the number in your party, and the time range to redeem. The part labeled FASTPASS turned into “multiple experience pass” and no longer contained the ride name and time range although there was some kind of time stamp on it which I assume was the time when the FASTPASS turned into the multi experience pass. Note “my plans” also contains dining reservations.

FYI for those with little ones and planning to use rider switch in DCA, beware of guardians and radiator spring racers if you get rider switch for one, it cancels the FASTPASSES for the other ride. I had FASTPASSES for both guardians and RSR. When we went to guardians and got the rider switch passes, the RSR fp’s disappeared from “my plans”. We didn’t end up using the GOG fp, no option to cancel like other fp that I’d canceled. (ETA: got fp for RSR again for a much later time). When We went later to RSR and got rider switch, the CM told me that the RSR pass would cancel the GOG fp which wasn’t already canceled even though it was hours later.

Last edited:
Here is a crazy thing that happened to us multiple times: BTMRR goes down. The CM tells us we can use that pass anywhere so we head over to the Matterhorn and they scan the BTMRR pass. Ride the ride and then about a half an hour later, a ME pass shows up. We didn’t use it as we had already “used” that pass, but it happened multiple times.

Our first night I wasn’t too savvy and didn’t realize they are only good for the park where the ride had the issue as I tried to use a DL one at CA.

I noticed that the fp turning to multi experience pass happened quite a bit this week. One day it happened three times.

One day in January, Goofy Sky School was down but they were till issuing FPs. I'm not sure I understand that policy, but I don't make the rules. The return time was fairly quick so we ended up with two ME passes and a Goofy Sky School FP when it came back up. ME passes are golden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter