Here now...mug confusion question.

we fill up the mugs before we leave for the park and transfer them to easier to carry containers.

That is BRILLIANT. I lugged those suckers through all the parks on our trip in april and they SPILL! I am so doing this this time.

We've brought our mugs into the parks with us in the past. When we went to a table service restaurant, our glasses were always kept full...to excess. So, before leaving the table, we would pour the leftover soda in our mugs.

You aren't suppose to fill up there but nobody polices it. At DHS I know people who buy a drink in the morning at Backlot and then continue to go back through out the day to refill it.

The aren't suppose to but no one is stopping you is why the resorts went to rapid refill in the first place. heck at BOG I've never been checked when I get my cup at lunch and know people who haven't paid who just helped themselves since there was no one tracking them. It is what you feel comfortable with. I am shocked they haven't gone to free style like Universal. We bought the mugs there (especially when we found out you can bring them back and pay half price for the day) because you can refill at any freestyle machine all day which included sports drinks as well as soda.
Not only the drink cups they actually bought (I'll confess I've done this at HS when I got a drink then was rushing to a FP - kept the cup and went back after the ride and refilled it), but any cups/mugs. I've seen folks at Electric Umbrella filling the HUGE gas station mugs directly from the machines (like the 64 oz ones). CM's saw and didn't say anything. I have suggested to folks more than once that perhaps they are stealing but they just look at me blankly. Probably why so few restaurants have refills available.

Hm wasn't even thinking about Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons.
I have never even thought to get refills at either of those.
I have not eaten at Backlot Express or Restaurantosaurus so I was unaware they have refill stations.

Technically Sunshine Seasons isn't free refills. The soda fountains are before you pay, so you would have to walk past a cashier if you refill it. The other mentioned locations have fountains after paying.

Technically Sunshine Seasons isn't free refills. The soda fountains are before you pay, so you would have to walk past a cashier if you refill it. The other mentioned locations have fountains after paying.
I think it is. The cashier we had a week ago told us that we could fill up after paying and that we could refill.

It depends on who is working the registers it seems. I've had my receipt checked at Sunshine when trying to go back in to get a refill.

It depends on who is working the registers it seems. I've had my receipt checked at Sunshine when trying to go back in to get a refill.
I've asked specifically this question at Sunshine Seasons and they said it's free refills

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter