Here now...Maxpaas Ride Photos question!?!

tweak89

Mouseketeer
So, we're starting our second park day and bought Maxpass yesterday (and plan to do so today as well).

So far it's been great, except for ride photos. None of them have shown up in the app. We took pictures of the code, entered them in the app shortly after each ride and as of this morning, nothing. All photopass photographer pics show up almost instantly, but none of the ride pics. Are we missing something?

Thanks in advance!

I think it can take up to a day? As long as you have those codes I wouldn’t worry. If the app glitches out on you you can always use a computer at home to download your pics.

If yesterday’s photos haven’t showed up by this afternoon, I’d swing by the photopass desk and see if they can help out. Those people are super-helpful. Keep your photos of the codes, just in case.

We had that happen. Go by a photopass counter and give them the codes and they should be able to find them and take care of it for you unless there was a camera issue. The ride photos do take a little longer, but it should not be that long. I would not wait until you get home. I would go do it today. I could be wrong, but I think that while regular photopass photos stay around, the ride photos get dumped within a day or two if the code is not input. Hopefully since you input your code, it should be fine. Did you check the website, or just the app. Sometimes photos will show up on the website that are not showing up on the app.

Thanks all!! We're sitting at gate waiting for park opening. We'll run by one of the counters and check it put.

Thanks again!

I could be wrong, but I think that while regular photopass photos stay around, the ride photos get dumped within a day or two if the code is not input.
I've waited as long as two weeks to claim my ride photos, so it's definitely longer than a couple of days.

Silly question, but where are the photo codes found for ride pictures?
As you exit the ride there are viewing screens of all the ride photos.
When you find the one you're in, snap a pic with your cell to record the ID number.

Yeah we were there last month and my ride photos took a few days to show up but they eventually did.

I was last there early July and we were having the same problem. it is disappointing that they have not gotten this fixed yet.

I seemed to have the best result at the Kingswell Camera Shop on Buena Vista Street. the cast member there would load the pictures onto a MaxPass card in case they did not arrive on the app. I tried to do the same at the photo desk at the Guardians of the Galaxy, but they were a little reluctant to do it. we only had ride photos on the California Adventure side so I don't know about the photo shop on Main Street.

So the code is on the video screen?

yes, if I remember it is on the upper right on the screen. I usually take a cell phone photo to save the number. one time I did not notice that the image on the screen changed as I took the photo and got the wrong one. the cast member at Kingswell Camera Shop was able to locate the correct one using the timestamp from my photo.

We booked six days at the Disneyland Hotel and two days in the parks through our travel agent when we booked our flights. So I guess I have to do it in the park?
It doesn't get added automatically, no. You need to check your tickets to see if you have it or not. If you did not specifically request MP, you probably don't have it.

Just a quick followup, apparently they had a big system crash for the ride photos. While photos were present at each ride for purchase/printout, because of the system crash, a couple of days worth of ride photos had to be manually uploaded to the servers. My photos have finally started trickling in.

Oh, and I have no idea why Maxpass is not the defacto system used in all their parks. This is what FP+ should have been (for the record, tried and hated FP+).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter