Chance of rain everyday, but Friday is the only guaranteed rain maker as another front comes through.But that’s this week.

Not sure which app you’re looking at but The Weather Network is only showing rain Mon and Tues. Also, next week is still very far away when you’re considering weather forecasts.
Just messes up some plans. Skyliner is only open on Monday so thunderstorms will knock that out and Tuesday is the 2nd day there trying to do MK but might end up switching so we don't go to a park with storms and rain all day

I never took the forecasts seriously. This far out they may be right, they may be wrong.
Typically don't either when we have gone in the spring/summer. Never had rain chances like this in the winter the few times we have gone. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out Monday & Tuesday

I’ve been watching forecast from home as we are to Orlando the end of the month. Per what I see it’s been pretty consistently cool, a lot of cloudy days and showers. Always hard to tell from reported weather on apps, vs what the weather actually is. I’ve been in January before and this year seems more consistently gloomy and wet than usual.
Can anyone who has gone there recently comment on what their experience was with weather?

P.S. Was totally unaware somehow that now Disney Visa discounts apply to all merchandise purchases, not just $50+ ones - so that's been a nice surprise! Passing along in case any other cardholders didn't catch that update either

This is life changing! I would always put off purchases until I had several items and it can be hard because my items sometimes take a while to add up. I love that I can get the discount with any merch purchase. I'm going to skip getting gift cards now for that portion since I can just use my card!

I’ve been watching forecast from home as we are to Orlando the end of the month. Per what I see it’s been pretty consistently cool, a lot of cloudy days and showers. Always hard to tell from reported weather on apps, vs what the weather actually is. I’ve been in January before and this year seems more consistently gloomy and wet than usual.
Can anyone who has gone there recently comment on what their experience was with weather?
Well it's supposed to be raining for almost the next 2 days straight right when we get there so that is fun lol

We went to Epcot last night and had ILL for GotG from 6-7pm. We got in line at 6 and barely even moved for over 20 mins. We were just stopped about 5 steps after scanning in and entering the building. Is that normal? I’m not sure if I should try again on Tuesday. We had a reservation to make and had to leave the line.

We went to Epcot last night and had ILL for GotG from 6-7pm. We got in line at 6 and barely even moved for over 20 mins. We were just stopped about 5 steps after scanning in and entering the building. Is that normal? I’m not sure if I should try again on Tuesday. We had a reservation to make and had to leave the line.
It can happen but I would not say your experience is common. The ride must have been experiencing challenges when you were there.

I would recommend trying again.

Not normal, try again Tues.

Did you get a refund for your ILL? If not you may be able to chat them in the app today or stop by a blue umbrella or guest relations to request one. (They say non-refundable but folks who have issues usually report refund success if they ask.)

Well it's supposed to be raining for almost the next 2 days straight right when we get there so that is fun lol

Yeah I think you just need to look beyond the X day forecast and look at the broader weather systems. In November we had a quick 2 night trip planned and there was a tropical system (not a hurricane) that was expected to come thru for those days. We rescheduled our trip. Some people looked for advice and got the response that works for summer/warm weather where "storms" can pop up quickly and disappear quickly. When it's a full on weather front, that's different (and it ended up being a very wet 2 days).

Of course, I realize not everyone can reschedule a trip, but I think watching an actual weather segment on the local Orlando news site or even the weather channel can help you realize what kind of chance of rain you are facing.

Same for us. GotG had a ROUGH weekend. We were there Sat - Mon and never rode it. Had to get an ILL refund. It’s a shame too because the ride was ultra reliable in the first year…our last couple trips have had bad luck.

Just back--I stayed at All-Star Music from 1/15-1/19. Had "Hey Disney" in my room for the first time--loved the soundscapes.

This was my first trip where I didn't rent a car and just stayed on Disney property the whole time. It was surprisingly easy to fill my time and maybe a little more relaxing than usual, haha.

First day was at EPCOT, it was pretty empty. Went through Journey of Water for the first time--I was one of the poeple who was looking forward to it, and I think it's cute and well-done but maybe more for kids than adults. Got the jambon beurre at Les Halles, and it's worth the hype! Was hoping to do the Animation Academy at the Festival of the Arts but the first one was cancelled (I think because it was supposed to rain).

Second day I went to Disney Springs, which was also pretty empty, at least in the morning. It was cold enough to wear my winter coat but not uncomfortable. There were some great life-sized Lego versions of Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Rey, Chewie, Kylo, Captain Cardinal (I think?) and Phasma outside the Lego store. Was disappointed the Wonderground Gallery seems to be completely gone (I noticed where postcards were still being sold, they were now matted and $15 apiece). Great birdwatching, especially near the Marketplace Dock. Got a chicken tikka naan pizza at Eet, which I really enjoyed.

Last day back at EPCOT, better weather and more people but still not crowded by any means. Did Soarin' Over California (which I like better than the World version). Tried the tomato soup and grilled cheese, rainbow cake (which was surprisingly good!), empanada, and coconut and passionfruit smoothie. Finally got to the Animation Academy and we drew Kovu and Kiara from Lion King 2, which was fun. Unfortunately not much chalk art yet (maybe they were late getting started after the rain a couple days earlier?).

Overall it was a fun trip, although as someone who started visiting Disney after the pandemic, it was the first time I started missing things that used to be there.

Oh, and I started feeling sick the night before my departure--it wound up being a pretty bad cold but luckily not COVID!

P.S. Was totally unaware somehow that now Disney Visa discounts apply to all merchandise purchases, not just $50+ ones - so that's been a nice surprise! Passing along in case any other cardholders didn't catch that update either.
I was unaware of the change too, to the point that I thought I was dreaming that there used to be a $50 criteria! I loved this change when we were there last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter