Be careful today, there is a heat advisory for neighboring areas of Florida west of WDW,

Last year I was taken by ambulance from Epcot due to dehydration and overheating and it came on so quickly. One minute I was fine and the next minute I couldn’t stand.

Be sure to hydrate, take breaks in the shade or air conditioning. Listen to your body. Hottest time of the day is usually 4pm to 6pm.

Be careful today, there is a heat advisory for neighboring areas of Florida west of WDW,

Last year I was taken by ambulance from Epcot due to dehydration and overheating and it came on so quickly. One minute I was fine and the next minute I couldn’t stand.

Be sure to hydrate, take breaks in the shade or air conditioning. Listen to your body. Hottest time of the day is usually 4pm to 6pm.

Thank you! Hubby has a camel back and we are chugging!

We are in the early entry line waiting to go to space! Success booking day! I got a tron VQ, tron ILL, mine train ILL and booked thunder for 1030! We booked everything for this morning as there may be weather on the way!

Can confirm yesterday at MK was brutal. I would say Real Feel was up in the 110s. Please take AC breaks regularly, and, especially at AK, drink lots of water. I would go off property and buy a couple packs of water, refrigerate them, and put them in a backpack for the day. You could even freeze them and drink them as they melt throughout the day.

Can confirm yesterday at MK was brutal. I would say Real Feel was up in the 110s. Please take AC breaks regularly, and, especially at AK, drink lots of water. I would go off property and buy a couple packs of water, refrigerate them, and put them in a backpack for the day. You could even freeze them and drink them as they melt throughout the day.
I always bring hydration powder or tablets to add to my water during the summer months.

Just back from our trip 6/17-27. Has pretty good weather, mostly hot but with a few mild days thrown in. Rain was minimal. Spent about 2 days in each park except for HS. Did VQ and ILL for GotG several times. Sooo love this ride!

Did the Behind the Seeds tour which was fun for our nerdy plant loving family.

This may be unpopular, but we were all disappointed with Tron. It was fast which was fun but otherwise thought it was kinda boring. Only did the one time with ILL.

Aside from ILL for GotG, RotR, and Tron, we only used G+ one day at HS bc we really only wanted to spend one day there.

Report for one day at HS with G+for anyone interested:
I think we got very lucky bc all went well. We all rode RnR with early entry and then split up with half riding ToT and other MF.
We met up to use our first G+ for TSMM ans was able to get an immediate G+ for MMRR. After TSMM, we rode AS saucers and then used our G+ for MMRR.

Got G+ for Slinky which was way later than we wanted but refreshed for about an hour lol and was able to move it to 2.

Did ST standby, had lunch and then did our ILL for RotR. Did our Slink G+ and got an immediate one for RnR. The rest of our family was wiped out and left while DS and I stayed and did our G+ for RnR and left about 215 or so.

All in all a great day. I was worried about using G+ since we didn't want to spend all day there but lucked out with weather, rides working, and G+ availability. I felt 2 G+ would be a success and with 4 was very happy.

Happy upcoming trips everyone!

Oh man. I'll write about our whole day but what an amazing day! We are about to do our third ride on tron. 7am VQ, ILL, and 6pm VQ. It's my husband new favorite ride. But our core memory for the day was waiting for HEA in the storm... I give Disney major props here. They could have canceled the show. They delayed until the lightning was out of the area and ran the show 45 minutes late and in the pouring rain. It was so worth it and honestly a magical moment watching it in the pouring rain. It was our first time seeing it and it has been on the bucket list.

Oh man. I'll write about our whole day but what an amazing day! We are about to do our third ride on tron. 7am VQ, ILL, and 6pm VQ. It's my husband new favorite ride. But our core memory for the day was waiting for HEA in the storm... I give Disney major props here. They could have canceled the show. They delayed until the lightning was out of the area and ran the show 45 minutes late and in the pouring rain. It was so worth it and honestly a magical moment watching it in the pouring rain. It was our first time seeing it and it has been on the bucket list.
how long was your VQ wait on Tron? We're going on Saturday and I'm on the fence about trying to do both ILL and VQ or not....

My trip is winding down. We leave Sunday..except for tonight..which is gorgeous..it has mostly been the surface of the sun here. It can't be said enough...make sure you keep hydrating.
Cast Members have been outstanding...Beaches and Cream waiter gave my kids some pins the first day of the trip..so still some dust to be had. Once again the Animation Station at Rafikis Planet Watch at AK didn't disappoint...then my kids played with the animals at Affection Section. Don't overlook that if you have little ones.
Cancelled many ADRs during the trip on the fly...just couldn't think of eating a whole bunch of food when the heat index was 105 or more. Overall I would say I haven't gorged as much as I usually do due to the heat. Hopefully this was just a heat wave but I was here August 2021 and it wasn't this scorching.
Staying at Boardwalk and noticed more wheelchairs today than normal and then saw someone wearing a lanyard that had the letters SMA on it..so there is a gathering of sorts at yacht club this weekend for that..got curious as I never heard of SMA. So basically now sitting here listening to my kids snore in tears. I am sure i have raised my voice this trip...the heat and the pressure of getting value will do that....and thinking of the small child being wheeled around the Boardwalk in a hospital bed on oxygen. It is helping me gain perspective..so what if I didn't get a VQ for Guardians? Oh no the bus from magic kingdom to Boardwalk is taking too long. Anyways its been a good trip..albeit hot and of course expensive..despite us getting snacks delivered to the room fron Target just outright larceny here for the little things in the park..thought I'd share some random thoughts as I ponder the next 2 days inside the bubble.
...oh and bring plastic straws with you. I appreciate the environmental awareness but those paper straws wilt incredibly fast...I did take a couple from the China booth at Epcot early in the trip.

Last edited:
My trip is winding down. We leave Sunday..except for tonight..which is gorgeous..it has mostly been the surface of the sun here. It can't be said enough...make sure you keep hydrating.
Cast Members have been outstanding...Beaches and Cream waiter gave my kids some pins the first day of the trip..so still some dust to be had. Once again the Animation Station at Rafikis Planet Watch at AK didn't disappoint...then my kids played with the animals at Affection Section. Don't overlook that if you have little ones.
Cancelled many ADRs during the trip on the fly...just couldn't think of eating a whole bunch of food when the heat index was 105 or more. Overall I would say I haven't gorged as much as I usually do due to the heat. Hopefully this was just a heat wave but I was here August 2021 and it wasn't this scorching.
Staying at Boardwalk and noticed more wheelchairs today than normal and then saw someone wearing a lanyard that had the letters SMA on it..so there is a gathering of sorts at yacht club this weekend for that..got curious as I never heard of SMA. So basically now sitting here listening to my kids snore in tears. I am sure i have raised my voice this trip...the heat and the pressure of getting value will do that....and thinking of the small child being wheeled around the Boardwalk in a hospital bed on oxygen. It is helping me gain perspective..so what if I didn't get a VQ for Guardians? Oh no the bus from magic kingdom to Boardwalk is taking too long. Anyways its been a good trip..albeit hot and of course expensive..despite us getting snacks delivered to the room fron Target just outright larceny here for the little things in the park..thought I'd share some random thoughts as I ponder the next 2 days inside the bubble.
...oh and bring plastic straws with you. I appreciate the environmental awareness but those paper straws wilt incredibly fast...I did take a couple from the China booth at Epcot early in the trip.
I have lived in central Florida for a couple decades and I agree with you about the heat. This week has been unusually hot and humid, with high heat index.

SMA stands for spinal Muscular Atrophy.

My son is a huge disability advocate and I’m told tomorrow starts Disability Pride Month.

You think Disney snacks are high, check out Sea World some time, they add a 5% transaction fee to all snack and merchandise purchases. And have limits on what snacks or drinks they’ll allow to be brought into a park. And no straws allowed except paper or washable.

I always bring straws. AK will confiscate plastic straws because of safety for the animals. We have metal and silicone straws on hand at home.

So nice you got pixie dusted at Beaches and Cream!

Oh, and we ran into several cast members that didn’t know how the DAS worked during extended hours. We haven’t seen that much confusion with the DAS process in ages.
Using DAS for the first time next week. What is the process for extended hours? MK & EPCOT

Using DAS for the first time next week. What is the process for extended hours? MK & EPCOT
DAS technically works during EEH but we found some rides were just walk on and so they didn’t even use the LL and just sent us through the same line as everyone else.

Not here yet but arriving next week. I just checked the wait times in the app, and they seem surprisingly low for the weekend before a major holiday. 50 mins for SDMT, 30 for PP, 20 for BTMR, while SM is closed. Is this accurate? Is it exceptionally hot today? Could we actually hope not to see insane crowds at MK next weekend?

Not here yet but arriving next week. I just checked the wait times in the app, and they seem surprisingly low for the weekend before a major holiday. 50 mins for SDMT, 30 for PP, 20 for BTMR, while SM is closed. Is this accurate? Is it exceptionally hot today? Could we actually hope not to see insane crowds at MK next weekend?
Crowd calendar is showing a 6 today and 6’s and 7’s into next week. I just looked at wait times too and they didn’t seem too bad. SM is back up at 50 min. Temp is showing real feel 108 🥵

We left Yacht Club yesterday and also learned what SMA was.
Same as usual park hours thankfully! We just ran into a couple CM’s confused on the process. You book via the app per usual although many rides you won’t even need it. When we did MK the only ride we needed it on was 7DMT.

I am a lifelong floridian - been here 40+ years and I genuinely don't know how all you guys do it - I could not spend 5 minutes in the park during a Florida summer. And anyone that can actually remain patient and civil to their travel companions/families and to others when visiting at this time is a saint in my book! You are made of much stronger stuff than I am.
I hide in AC from June to Oct. :worship:

I am a lifelong floridian - been here 40+ years and I genuinely don't know how all you guys do it - I could not spend 5 minutes in the park during a Florida summer. And anyone that can actually remain patient and civil to their travel companions/families and to others when visiting at this time is a saint in my book! You are made of much stronger stuff than I am.
I hide in AC from June to Oct. :worship:
That's a very good point! I live 1000 miles north of Disney and I too spend summer in the AC at home, but then I go and book 2 weeks at Disney in August. It makes no sense but I can't go a full 5 months without some Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter