Yesterday was my birthday and we were originally going to rope drop EE at Epcot but decided to take it easier after successive hectic days. I got BG 30 for Guardians, then booked a 10:35 LL for Remy, and also got Guardians ILL for 9:55 and Rise in the evening. We ended up mobile ordering breakfast from Ale & Compass to eat on our balcony and then went in about 9:30 or so. I did Guardians twice in a row, first ILL then VQ (BG was called literally the same time as my ILL) but the second time the line was held up after the preshow near the loading area and I sent my gf ahead to France because time was ticking on our Remy LL. I was able to modify it to 11:50 while waiting which worked out great. I began stacking LL for HS, getting MFSR, and SDD.

After Remy we went back to YC and hung out at SAB for a while before taking the boat to HS. We had a Fantasmic package ADR at 50s Primetime at 3:45 and it was our first time there, we both enjoyed it a lot! Food was solid though we could have split our entree (my hot take: the chicken there is better seasoned than Homecomin). Antics were in full effect too, we saw girls at the the table next to ours get in trouble for not finishing their veggies. After our late lunch we did were pilots on MFSR, did Star Tours, gf had her first blue milk and loved it, and I had some great interaction with Vi Moradi. I warned her about the patrols and she told me to have a great birthday because the First Order hates fun and took pics with me. Then it was time for Savi’s and droids. We both cried in Savi’s, it really was worth it for big SW fans, the experience was amazing. We both built BB units afterwards and headed to our Rise ILL. Got out at exactly 8, and I ended up not doing my SDD for then because we wanted to get to our seats for Fantasmic. Show was wonderful and since Epcot Forever begins at the same time we got those fireworks in the background!

After the show we went back to Batuu and got some amazing photopass shots with our sabers and I dual wielded with the Darksaber! Then we had a post close ADR at Oga’s for 10:35, we stood at the bar. I loved the Outer Rim and gf enjoyed the couple of beers she had. tbh we loved the atmosphere there, but we are huge SW fans and childless adults and imo squarely the demographic for this place tbh especially at night. We met another fan in full cosplay who called me Fulcrum (I was bounding as Ahsoka) and it was hilarious. We will absolutely be back. Walked back to YC exhausted but happy.

Today we pack up and move to Poly for the rest of the trip and will go into MK tonight after Ohana dinner for extended hours. My biggest takeaway so far about G+ is that it’s really what you make of it. Yes you can have your face in your phone all day if you wanted to maximize but it really isn’t necessary to make good use of it. We’ve been very successful with it so far but with such a long trip we are using it more to give ourselves the chance to take things slower. I could pull more LLs than I have but I’m using it more as a tool to supplement our plans and allow us to be more flexible with them.
What a fabulous birthday!!

Yesterday was my birthday and we were originally going to rope drop EE at Epcot but decided to take it easier after successive hectic days. I got BG 30 for Guardians, then booked a 10:35 LL for Remy, and also got Guardians ILL for 9:55 and Rise in the evening. We ended up mobile ordering breakfast from Ale & Compass to eat on our balcony and then went in about 9:30 or so. I did Guardians twice in a row, first ILL then VQ (BG was called literally the same time as my ILL) but the second time the line was held up after the preshow near the loading area and I sent my gf ahead to France because time was ticking on our Remy LL. I was able to modify it to 11:50 while waiting which worked out great. I began stacking LL for HS, getting MFSR, and SDD.

After Remy we went back to YC and hung out at SAB for a while before taking the boat to HS. We had a Fantasmic package ADR at 50s Primetime at 3:45 and it was our first time there, we both enjoyed it a lot! Food was solid though we could have split our entree (my hot take: the chicken there is better seasoned than Homecomin). Antics were in full effect too, we saw girls at the the table next to ours get in trouble for not finishing their veggies. After our late lunch we did were pilots on MFSR, did Star Tours, gf had her first blue milk and loved it, and I had some great interaction with Vi Moradi. I warned her about the patrols and she told me to have a great birthday because the First Order hates fun and took pics with me. Then it was time for Savi’s and droids. We both cried in Savi’s, it really was worth it for big SW fans, the experience was amazing. We both built BB units afterwards and headed to our Rise ILL. Got out at exactly 8, and I ended up not doing my SDD for then because we wanted to get to our seats for Fantasmic. Show was wonderful and since Epcot Forever begins at the same time we got those fireworks in the background!

After the show we went back to Batuu and got some amazing photopass shots with our sabers and I dual wielded with the Darksaber! Then we had a post close ADR at Oga’s for 10:35, we stood at the bar. I loved the Outer Rim and gf enjoyed the couple of beers she had. tbh we loved the atmosphere there, but we are huge SW fans and childless adults and imo squarely the demographic for this place tbh especially at night. We met another fan in full cosplay who called me Fulcrum (I was bounding as Ahsoka) and it was hilarious. We will absolutely be back. Walked back to YC exhausted but happy.

Today we pack up and move to Poly for the rest of the trip and will go into MK tonight after Ohana dinner for extended hours. My biggest takeaway so far about G+ is that it’s really what you make of it. Yes you can have your face in your phone all day if you wanted to maximize but it really isn’t necessary to make good use of it. We’ve been very successful with it so far but with such a long trip we are using it more to give ourselves the chance to take things slower. I could pull more LLs than I have but I’m using it more as a tool to supplement our plans and allow us to be more flexible with them.
Happy birthday! Sounds like a great way to spend it.

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I am really enjoying your daily updates...thanks for sharing!

Wednesday was moving day. We packed up at YC and had Bell Services move all of our stuff to the Poly, sans my laptop bag, gf’s backpack and the few perishables we had in the fridge. Took a Minnie Van over around 9:45, dropped off the things we carried, then took the monorail over and had breakfast at GF Cafe. Everything was great as usual, though for some reason the chicken & waffle is no longer listed as being safe for peanut/tree nut on the allergy menu. Our server thought it was a misprint because she talked to the chef and it’s still safe. We then had a couples massage at the spa which was amazing, the process is slightly different now than when it was Senses, now you pick a stone which determines the scents etc. But it’s the same great experience.

Afterwards we walked back to Poly, and the new version of the temporary path is very clearly marked. About halfway there though a passing CM offered us a lift in his golf cart! Our room still wasn’t ready yet and I was concerned so we went to the front desk and a CM with an iPad said we weren’t showing as being checked in despite me doing it online. She got it straightened out and in the meantime we got dole whip and then took the boat to MK at around 3pm. Crowds there were moderate but not terrible. We had purchased Tron ILL for that night and stacked LLs for the afternoon so we did Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, then booked HM and rode that.

By then we got our room ready text so headed back to Poly to get settled and called up for our bags—we have AirTags and saw earlier they had been delivered around when we got back from GF. We had an Ohana ADR for 5pm, and I have to say for all the complaining online about how it’s allegedly gone downhill it was just as good as we remembered the Twilight Feast was. The chicken in particular was insanely good, not just the potsticker course. We also weren’t rushed at all. The ukelele player was wonderful and while they are not doing the coconut races, he did go around the restaurant asking if any “cousins” were celebrating anything and led rousing cheers for each person. I was first up with my birthday! It was so fun to see the milestones, other birthdays, newlyweds on honeymoons, etc. One gentleman was celebrating having successful brain surgery and got the biggest cheers.

After dinner we went back into MK around 8pm, for my Tron ILL. Absolutely loved it and I genuinely don’t understand the complaints about it being too short—it felt about the same length as RNRC imo, and was long enough for me. I think it’s suffering from very unfair comparisons to Cosmic Rewind imo, a much newer (and better) ride. We got on the People Mover afterwards and rode it back to back during HEA, the CM let us stay on the ride without getting up. Was awesome seeing fireworks like that. After that we walked onto Buzz, TLM, small world, Dumbo and HM again before EEH started. I did take notes for EEH:

1. Pirates - 11:10pm posted 5 (was a walk on)

2. BTMRR - 11:30pm posted 20 (was a walk on)

3. Tron BG 228 called 12:03 - on ride at 12:42. It had actually been called before that but I didn’t get a pop up notification and only noticed after I had jumped in the line for Space.

We could have done many more rides but at that point were exhausted so called it a night after that. I would advise beginning in Adventureland. Everyone seemed to run to HM first which spiked at the start but was then a walk-on. Mine Train was posted 45 (and looked too long for me) all night so we opted out. Otherwise it was very much worth it. My one gripe is the VQ line for Tron was a massive time suck. We could have easily done 3 other rides in that time. I had the same issue at Epcot with Guardians.

In general, my biggest advice is that rope drop is still very advantageous but if you can’t or don’t want to do it, it is absolutely not necessary to get a lot done with G+. Even without it, at HS in particular wait times plummet in the late afternoons for all but the big E tickets and even those do drop some—Rise was 45 min at one point early Monday evening. Unless you want to do shows or meet and greets evenings really are where it’s at imo. We got more done at MK in those couple of hours even before EEH than I have on previous rope drops.

Another note: there has been a lot of sturm und drang online about how the magic is gone, CMs are awful now, etc. and if you take nothing else away from my posts on this trip, please disregard the moaning and complaining online. The magic is absolutely there. I know some might point to the money we’ve spent and say “of course, you’re getting LLs, and fancy experiences” but we have seen so many magical things that cost nothing. At ’Ohana the ukelele player was fantastic and as he was wandering around the restaurant strumming tunes, I watched him quite literally soothe a crying toddler in mom’s arms with a smile and a song. Mom teared up a little with joy. These are the little things that have always set Disney apart and they are absolutely still happening. We are having a wonderful time.

Will report on today later on.

Wednesday was moving day. We packed up at YC and had Bell Services move all of our stuff to the Poly, sans my laptop bag, gf’s backpack and the few perishables we had in the fridge. Took a Minnie Van over around 9:45, dropped off the things we carried, then took the monorail over and had breakfast at GF Cafe. Everything was great as usual, though for some reason the chicken & waffle is no longer listed as being safe for peanut/tree nut on the allergy menu. Our server thought it was a misprint because she talked to the chef and it’s still safe. We then had a couples massage at the spa which was amazing, the process is slightly different now than when it was Senses, now you pick a stone which determines the scents etc. But it’s the same great experience.

Afterwards we walked back to Poly, and the new version of the temporary path is very clearly marked. About halfway there though a passing CM offered us a lift in his golf cart! Our room still wasn’t ready yet and I was concerned so we went to the front desk and a CM with an iPad said we weren’t showing as being checked in despite me doing it online. She got it straightened out and in the meantime we got dole whip and then took the boat to MK at around 3pm. Crowds there were moderate but not terrible. We had purchased Tron ILL for that night and stacked LLs for the afternoon so we did Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, then booked HM and rode that.

By then we got our room ready text so headed back to Poly to get settled and called up for our bags—we have AirTags and saw earlier they had been delivered around when we got back from GF. We had an Ohana ADR for 5pm, and I have to say for all the complaining online about how it’s allegedly gone downhill it was just as good as we remembered the Twilight Feast was. The chicken in particular was insanely good, not just the potsticker course. We also weren’t rushed at all. The ukelele player was wonderful and while they are not doing the coconut races, he did go around the restaurant asking if any “cousins” were celebrating anything and led rousing cheers for each person. I was first up with my birthday! It was so fun to see the milestones, other birthdays, newlyweds on honeymoons, etc. One gentleman was celebrating having successful brain surgery and got the biggest cheers.

After dinner we went back into MK around 8pm, for my Tron ILL. Absolutely loved it and I genuinely don’t understand the complaints about it being too short—it felt about the same length as RNRC imo, and was long enough for me. I think it’s suffering from very unfair comparisons to Cosmic Rewind imo, a much newer (and better) ride. We got on the People Mover afterwards and rode it back to back during HEA, the CM let us stay on the ride without getting up. Was awesome seeing fireworks like that. After that we walked onto Buzz, TLM, small world, Dumbo and HM again before EEH started. I did take notes for EEH:

3. Tron BG 228 called 12:03 - on ride at 12:42. It had actually been called before that but I didn’t get a pop up notification and only noticed after I had jumped in the line for Space.

We could have done many more rides but at that point were exhausted so called it a night after that. I would advise beginning in Adventureland. Everyone seemed to run to HM first which spiked at the start but was then a walk-on. Mine Train was posted 45 (and looked too long for me) all night so we opted out. Otherwise it was very much worth it. My one gripe is the VQ line for Tron was a massive time suck. We could have easily done 3 other rides in that time. I had the same issue at Epcot with Guardians.

In general, my biggest advice is that rope drop is still very advantageous but if you can’t or don’t want to do it, it is absolutely not necessary to get a lot done with G+. Even without it, at HS in particular wait times plummet in the late afternoons for all but the big E tickets and even those do drop some—Rise was 45 min at one point early Monday evening. Unless you want to do shows or meet and greets evenings really are where it’s at imo. We got more done at MK in those couple of hours even before EEH than I have on previous rope drops.

Another note: there has been a lot of sturm und drang online about how the magic is gone, CMs are awful now, etc. and if you take nothing else away from my posts on this trip, please disregard the moaning and complaining online. The magic is absolutely there. I know some might point to the money we’ve spent and say “of course, you’re getting LLs, and fancy experiences” but we have seen so many magical things that cost nothing. At ’Ohana the ukelele player was fantastic and as he was wandering around the restaurant strumming tunes, I watched him quite literally soothe a crying toddler in mom’s arms with a smile and a song. Mom teared up a little with joy. These are the little things that have always set Disney apart and they are absolutely still happening. We are having a wonderful time.

I upgraded my 👍to a 😍 given your usage of "sturm und drang". Loving the updates! Edited to add my continued jealousy you pulled off a split stay, particularly at the Poly. By the time I decided to do this it was too late and there wasn't any DVC availability.

That’s great to hear! 😁 Glad your trip has been wonderful. Thank you for sharing and letting us know the magic is still happening!

Rough day at Hollywood today. Rise down at opening, plan b was slinky which was also down. Oldest kiddo and I then went to RNR...walked the entire park prior to opening but we're able to get on pretty quick, then hit TOT.

Met up with wife and youngest for Railway and got evacuated due to breakdown. Got a lightning lane for our trouble.

Slinky was down until around 1300 then was 2+ hrs.

Did get lucky with Rise, got in line after lunch around 1330...posted 60, took 40.

Went to use lightning lane at TSMM and it was down. So ended up at Railway again.

Left relatively early around 1600. In line for Skylines back to Riviera... lightning and sent to buses. Shared bus with Caribbean resort took a while.

We've been at Riviera last 3 days. Move to Poly tomorrow. @kylenne - we've got a resort day Sunday and I'll buy you a birthday cocktail if interested!

I love your trip reports, Kylenne! You really know how to do WDW right.

Kylenne, even just reading this made me teary-eyed. You're SO right and we had the exact same feelings in September - the magic is absolutely still there. I know the price tag is high and change is always hard, but there ARE so many moments that are just pure joy and magic. The smaller moments are always my favorites. I've LOVED reading all of your posts and absolutely can't wait to be "home" in 11 days! Toasting you and your gf from my couch tonight ;)

Today we rope dropped EE at AK. Was at the Poly bus stop at 6:30 this morning with only one other family, and were on the first bus out at 6:44. I didn’t note what time we arrived but there was already a decent crowd being held at the tapstyles.

One very important tip: if you get there this early, stay as far left as you can, regardless of what the lines look like. 99% of the time they will open up more tapstyles on the left. They did that this morning and so we peeled off into one of the new lines and got very close to the front, probably ahead of guests that got there before we did.

A CM was going up and down the line with stacks of card media, asking if anyone didn’t have a card or MB and coding them for those guests. I assume it’s because they are trying to avoid the guests trying to tap in for big groups with magic mobile for efficiency sake. Note that AK was the only place we saw this.

We were let in at 7:24, and the running of the bulls to Pandora commenced. We bought FoP ILL so avoided all that craziness and walked onto Navi at 7:34. I booked a Safari LL for 8:05 and because we were off Navi so quickly and the Safari doesn’t start running until 8, we decided to head to Dinosaur next. We walked straight into the preshow at 7:51. Afterwards the Safari was up and a posted 15 min wait, we tapped in at 8:12 and got a very very active trip! Wildebeests were out, rhinos and elephants and even the lions walked about and made vocalizations! The weather was cool which helped I think. After that I began stacking rides for Epcot.

Moana was our top priority, being huge fans, so we got in line at 8:47 behind a handful of other groups and got breakfast from the Isle of Java cart right there. The line quickly ballooned behind us curving back toward Flame Tree, but they were not letting us into the actual queue until 9:10 or so. She began meeting at 9:15. If this is a priority especially on a busier day, definitely line up before 9. It was a pretty low crowd day today at AK but she only meets until 3pm and her line is crazy all day. We were in and out and able to do more things this way.

Afterwards we rode FoP, had a snack at Satuli, walked the Gorilla Falls trail and saw some otters afterwards, but on the way to FotLK I realized my Magicband+ had popped off. We retraced our steps all the way back through the trail with no luck, asking the CMs there who hadn’t seen it. But finally we went back to Satu’li and they’d found it and we’re keeping it in the office. I was relieved given I had an old Passholder slider on it, but everyone there was super nice and we left a cast compliment. Thing is we were so tired by then and it was so hot that we left back to the resort early.

After nap and pool time at Poly we were on the way to Epcot for dinner when we saw a PhotoPass photographer by Pineapple Lanai and got a handful of pics outside before the rain started. More pics in the lobby, including with a Pride Mickey prop, but the sky opened up outside and we were caught in that horrid rain that @ten50 mentioned. We just threw on our rain jackets and had umbrellas and soldiered on to the TTC.

Will say that crowds were very light at Epcot tonight probably bc of the rain but waits were crazy. We did Guardians, Soarin, Remy and Frozen all on ILL/stacked LLs and then hit a ton of food booths with the discount. Third party owned booths don’t have it. If you have a food allergy don’t be deterred! They can call the chef and check ingredients, which they did for the plant based cheese on the elotes (it was tree nut free, and I can have coconut).

We left and came back to Poly since tomorrow is another early entry day (MK). Watched EWP from the beach but fireworks are delayed bc of weather so calling it a night with our dole whips.

One note, if anyone wants September on Guardians just ride with me. I have gotten it every time but twice 🤣

Love your last paragraph! The experience is what we make it....:goodvibes
Great detailed and helpful description of your days so far.

Today we rope dropped EE at AK. Was at the Poly bus stop at 6:30 this morning with only one other family, and were on the first bus out at 6:44. I didn’t note what time we arrived but there was already a decent crowd being held at the tapstyles.

One very important tip: if you get there this early, stay as far left as you can, regardless of what the lines look like. 99% of the time they will open up more tapstyles on the left. They did that this morning and so we peeled off into one of the new lines and got very close to the front, probably ahead of guests that got there before we did.

A CM was going up and down the line with stacks of card media, asking if anyone didn’t have a card or MB and coding them for those guests. I assume it’s because they are trying to avoid the guests trying to tap in for big groups with magic mobile for efficiency sake. Note that AK was the only place we saw this.

We were let in at 7:24, and the running of the bulls to Pandora commenced. We bought FoP ILL so avoided all that craziness and walked onto Navi at 7:34. I booked a Safari LL for 8:05 and because we were off Navi so quickly and the Safari doesn’t start running until 8, we decided to head to Dinosaur next. We walked straight into the preshow at 7:51. Afterwards the Safari was up and a posted 15 min wait, we tapped in at 8:12 and got a very very active trip! Wildebeests were out, rhinos and elephants and even the lions walked about and made vocalizations! The weather was cool which helped I think. After that I began stacking rides for Epcot.

Moana was our top priority, being huge fans, so we got in line at 8:47 behind a handful of other groups and got breakfast from the Isle of Java cart right there. The line quickly ballooned behind us curving back toward Flame Tree, but they were not letting us into the actual queue until 9:10 or so. She began meeting at 9:15. If this is a priority especially on a busier day, definitely line up before 9. It was a pretty low crowd day today at AK but she only meets until 3pm and her line is crazy all day. We were in and out and able to do more things this way.

Afterwards we rode FoP, had a snack at Satuli, walked the Gorilla Falls trail and saw some otters afterwards, but on the way to FotLK I realized my Magicband+ had popped off. We retraced our steps all the way back through the trail with no luck, asking the CMs there who hadn’t seen it. But finally we went back to Satu’li and they’d found it and we’re keeping it in the office. I was relieved given I had an old Passholder slider on it, but everyone there was super nice and we left a cast compliment. Thing is we were so tired by then and it was so hot that we left back to the resort early.

After nap and pool time at Poly we were on the way to Epcot for dinner when we saw a PhotoPass photographer by Pineapple Lanai and got a handful of pics outside before the rain started. More pics in the lobby, including with a Pride Mickey prop, but the sky opened up outside and we were caught in that horrid rain that @ten50 mentioned. We just threw on our rain jackets and had umbrellas and soldiered on to the TTC.

Will say that crowds were very light at Epcot tonight probably bc of the rain but waits were crazy. We did Guardians, Soarin, Remy and Frozen all on ILL/stacked LLs and then hit a ton of food booths with the discount. Third party owned booths don’t have it. If you have a food allergy don’t be deterred! They can call the chef and check ingredients, which they did for the plant based cheese on the elotes (it was tree nut free, and I can have coconut).

We left and came back to Poly since tomorrow is another early entry day (MK). Watched EWP from the beach but fireworks are delayed bc of weather so calling it a night with our dole whips.

One note, if anyone wants September on Guardians just ride with me. I have gotten it every time but twice 🤣
I rode Soarin a couple of times last night and I think it was down a theater so was more crowded. Guardians had a bad day yesterday as well and was down for nearly 3 hours. I rode Remy at the end of the night and waited 20 minutes with a posted 65 minute wait although the line was outside the building.

I was glad to see CMs turning people away from the LL just a couple of minutes past 9pm when I was in the outside standby line. It’s what I love about getting in line at the end of the night - the line moves much faster without LL in the mix.

I love your upbeat report! So refreshing.
We always do Adventure land first while everyone else is rushing to the Mine Train area.
It sounds like you had wonderful time. I like hearing from someone who actually experienced a lot and reports them truthfully - thank you:)

Good day at AK. Left Riviera at 630 in rental. Pulled up to parking lot just as they were opening up. Got hung up a bit at the gate with a large family having trouble scanning fingers so lost some ground but we were off FOP around 0800.

Walked onto Safari and then EE.

Met Moana, got in line about 0930 and took about 45 minutes. Rode Dinosaur and Triceratops spin then watched Nemo prior to lunch.

Wandered trails, watched LK and Bug show and listened to some of the performers then left around 1600.

Kali was down most of afternoon so didn't get to it.

All in all a great day.

Just checked into Poly and it's great to be home

How early do you get to the gates before opening time? If your want to do true rope drop and get to certain rides (ie flight of passage, jungle cruise, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter