• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please take this thread back to discussing actual, 'Here Now and Just Back' experiences as the SS system can be a thread all unto it's own.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No, we're not.

By allowing SS to access your MDE account, they're using physical (or virtual really it doesn't matter) servers on their end to process all the data and send/receive requests. They're not using your actual phone to use as actual "backend" for the processing requests. They are, however most likely masking these requests across multiple MDE accounts.

It's complex to explain, but SS saying all you need to do is add them to your F&F within MDE is simply not telling the whole story and is indeed violating some sort of privacy agreement Disney has in place (presumably)

Y’all are making this a LOT more complex than what actually needs to happen.

There are multiple public data feeds that tell you the exact wait time and LL return time for every ride at WDW. All SS needs to do is monitor those feeds, once it sees a return time that matches a customer request it then books the LL for that customer.

It doesn’t need to piggy back off customers data or use dummy MDE accounts to run its own queries.

Sites like Thrill Data that publish this stuff is what makes SS possible this easy. The level of complexity here is akin to something you may see in a mid level programming course in college.

Since I wasn't clear enough it appears, discussions re: Standby Skipper and those not directly referring to an actual 'Here Now and Just Back' experience will be deleted. Please keep this thread on topic as it is a great resource for those planning upcoming trips.

There are many places on the boards to discuss these matters. This thread is dedicated to sharing 'Here Now and Just Back' experience.

After this, off topic posts may be deleted.

Any recent experiences with seeing Fantasmic? Either with dining package or standby?
We saw it on Monday night on standby. We were originally planning on seeing the later show, but wound up at Rocking Rollercoaster at around 20 minutes before the first show. We walked in and got seated with no problems and people were coming in after us. They were mostly filling up the extreme side ends by that point, but we chose to sit above the walkway, a little more centrally. Absolutely good enough, and it got us back to the resort earlier.

Three days four parks.

Day 1: MK on Sunday, Dec 11, Bought Genie+ and ILL for SDMT. Stayed off property so no extra magic hours, and we didn’t rope drop but we rode everything we wanted to and got a Speedway Driver’s License… which I had not noticed in years prior but DS7 loved it. Crowds were not bad.

Day 2: HS on Monday, Dec 12. Bought Genie+ and ILL for ROTR. Late start again, rode everything we wanted. Heavier crowds. Stayed at OKW 1BR near hospitality house, plumber knocked that evening to investigate a leak noticed by neighbors. (We enjoyed hot showers and the jacuzzi tub before the plumber knocked.) Mobile ordered breakfast from Olivia’s and ate on our outdoor table overlooking a fountain.
30%off discount with DVC and AP today so shopping happened.

Day 3: Epcot on Tuesday, Dec 13. Again no rope dropping. And this time, no Genie+, but I did buy the ILL for Guardians, which was cool and not at all as nauseating as I had expected. Lunch at Seven Dragons, great duck bao buns. Test Track standby line took forever but DS7 loved designing a car and everything that comes after the ride.

Hopped to AK. Bad idea. Arrived after safari ride (and all animal attractions) had shut down and it was raining. Waited a very long 40 minutes (felt like 60) for Navi River ride that DH likes but I do not…

Checked into AKL Kidani for the evening after dark so couldn’t see the animals through the windows of the 8 mile walk to our studio room. Is it supposed to be missing a bedside table? The Joffrey’s coffee was good. We wrote letters to Santa in the library and a letter appeared to us from Santa that very evening under our door! Bought ready to eat salad, lunchables, and yogurt from the shop and called it a night. Watched keepers scooping poop by flashlight. Can’t say that wasn’t entertaining.

December 14. Swam in the Kidani pool and spa, then off to Boma for last minute breakfast reservation that we almost missed. It was fantastic. I’m not as in love with the Bobodi as Pete is, but the baked ham, asparagus, baked treats, and bread pudding were great. Service was lovely.

H2O shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were available in both OKW and AKL bathrooms. I begged for a free razor from the concierge at OKW and they granted my wish. The magic is still here. 😜

Last edited:
We saw it on Monday night on standby. We were originally planning on seeing the later show, but wound up at Rocking Rollercoaster at around 20 minutes before the first show. We walked in and got seated with no problems and people were coming in after us. They were mostly filling up the extreme side ends by that point, but we chose to sit above the walkway, a little more centrally. Absolutely good enough, and it got us back to the resort earlier.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the Fantastic show the same/similar to what it was when they stopped it for so long?

I'm interested in this Standby Skipper thing....are we not "allowed" to talk about it on the boards? I know you mentioned not to post about here but the only other post I can find on it was shut down.

Just curious because I trust people here and would like some guidance. I'm all for not having to wake up at both midnight and 7am for Genie plus.

I'm interested in this Standby Skipper thing....are we not "allowed" to talk about it on the boards? I know you mentioned not to post about here but the only other post I can find on it was shut down.

Just curious because I trust people here and would like some guidance. I'm all for not having to wake up at both midnight and 7am for Genie plus.

You can start a thread to ask for experiences if you wish. The closed thread was closed for a different reason.

Just returned from a 9 day trip. Here's an FYI for those of you shopping around the world in Epcot, the AP discount is different depending on the country/store. We were given a 20% discount in France, Italy, Norway, Canada, UK, and Germany. (We bought one treat in each country for our sons who couldn't join us on this trip). China only gave a 10% discount and Japan said no discount. I believe now the discount may be up to 30% but this was last week. Just be aware it's not consistent throughout World Showcase.

Just returned from a 9 day trip. Here's an FYI for those of you shopping around the world in Epcot, the AP discount is different depending on the country/store. We were given a 20% discount in France, Italy, Norway, Canada, UK, and Germany. (We bought one treat in each country for our sons who couldn't join us on this trip). China only gave a 10% discount and Japan said no discount. I believe now the discount may be up to 30% but this was last week. Just be aware it's not consistent throughout World Showcase.

All WDW owned & operated stores have the same discount, which is currently 30%. Some of the pavilions are not operated by Disney and discounts are at the discretion of the operator.

Just left this morning (still in the airport as our flight was delayed) and I will say that there was plenty of magic!!! We hadn't been diwn since January 2019 and the only difference we noticed was that housekeeping did less/only came every other day.

Very glad we were able to go back!

The store in the Japan pavilion is not owned by Disney so they don't accept the AP discount. In the past they didn't accept Disney gift cards either.

Can someone who's been recently confirm that the Mickey meet and greet at Town Square Theatre is still using the automated cameras? It'll be my 2 year old's first time getting to hug Mickey, and I'd rather have a photopass photographer for it, so we'll plan to go elsewhere.

Can someone who's been recently confirm that the Mickey meet and greet at Town Square Theatre is still using the automated cameras? It'll be my 2 year old's first time getting to hug Mickey, and I'd rather have a photopass photographer for it, so we'll plan to go elsewhere.
Few weeks ago it was automated at Mickey. Also at Chewbacca at Launch Bay.

We returned Monday from a 10 day trip. Stayed off property and didn’t go into the parks everyday. The magic is still there for us and especially our adult son with autism. Watching both Christmas party parades and Fantasmic is the happiest we have seen him in some time, and he is generally a happy guy. DAS worked great for us, never needed Genie +, but it definitely helps to know the parks as well as we do. I miss going 3 times a year but what is now our annual trip during Christmas season is wonderful, especially the week after Thanksgiving when the crowds aren’t bad. Only problem is I’m in my usual post-WDW funk right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter