I’ve seen it mentioned before, and I can’t agree strongly enough - if you are eligible, be sure to use the extended hours at MK!!! We took a really long afternoon break and didn’t enter the park until 8:00. By 12:30, we had done everything and more than we’d hoped - including taking pictures and strolling through the shops - that we left. It was a magical evening.
Thanks for sharing! We plan to do it but I know we always lose steam as the days of vacation go on. But I am insisting we make the late nights at Epcot and MK a priority!

I’ve seen it mentioned before, and I can’t agree strongly enough - if you are eligible, be sure to use the extended hours at MK!!! We took a really long afternoon break and didn’t enter the park until 8:00. By 12:30, we had done everything and more than we’d hoped - including taking pictures and strolling through the shops - that we left. It was a magical evening.

It was great for us too. We did the same. We left the resort about 7, ate at Columbia harbor house, and started riding after 8. We did pirates, btm, splash (we got in line right after the fireworks so this did take a little over an hour), hm (got in line here at 1055) pp, 7d, stopped for the restroom and to enjoy the castle a little), buzz, space then back to btm. Not the best use of time to walk back over there but that’s what my nephew wanted. We got off there about 1245. Could’ve went somewhere else but we were tired by that time so just decided to head out slowly.

This makes me a little nervous. We check into OKW today for one night and were hoping to get a room earlier even though I know it’s not guaranteed. Did you try asking for a room early at the front desk?
Hi sorry just seeing this. Yes, we asked, as did several other guests, but the standard reply was they couldn’t give any answers on timing, the rooms were being assigned as fast as housekeeping could release them. You may have better luck checking in on Wednesday vs checking in on Sunday as we did.

This makes me a little nervous. We check into OKW today for one night and were hoping to get a room earlier even though I know it’s not guaranteed. Did you try asking for a room early at the front desk?
I hate to say it, but we had the exact same experience at OKW in June. We arrived after having brunch at DS, around 1-ish (ate and then shopped), it was fine because my kids wanted to swim. 4pm rolls around so we get them out of the pool because I figured our room should be ready any minute (because, as they state, check-in is at 4). Well, nothing, so I go to the front desk and they say "your room is ready, we're just waiting on it to get inspected and cleared". So we wait.....and wait. We go back close to 5, same situation, they try calling the person and no answer. We go back at 5:30, as they asked us to do if we still haven't gotten a text, and they FINALLY were able to get ahold of them. We finally got in our room at almost 6pm, and we got a room credit of $300 for our troubles, but we were exhausted and had wasted a whole afternoon. We asked when we first arrived around 1 if there was anything available and they said no, it was just a bad time, and the same thing had happened when we got to Riviera at the beginning of our trip too a week prior, room not ready until almost 6, clean but waiting on inspection.

Hi sorry just seeing this. Yes, we asked, as did several other guests, but the standard reply was they couldn’t give any answers on timing, the rooms were being assigned as fast as housekeeping could release them. You may have better luck checking in on Wednesday vs checking in on Sunday as we did.
We’ve tried twice today and so far no room. Ds might have to just skip his nap today. The pool is packed

ETA: We got our room!!

Last edited:
We just got back yesterday from a short 3 day trip and it was amazing! The weather was fantastic! The crowd level was high and at times it was hard to push through the pack. We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday and Rise was down for a few hours. Then later in the day when we were in line for Runaway Railway just as we were about to get in a vehicle, it broke down. On our Epcot day we got stuck on Remy for about 20 minutes and cast members had to come help us out of our rats with a step stool. We were told to put our phones away as it was a secret area and no photos were allowed. We had to walk out of the ride, which to me was super cool! The did give us a free pass to use on any other ride in the park at any time the rest of the day. I felt bad for those that had been outside waiting the 180 minute wait. On our Magic Kingdom day, we did do a little resort hopping around 2:00 and went over to the Polynesian for a dole whip and then over to the Grand Floridian to look at the Easter display they have. That was one of our favorite moments of our trip. It got us out of the heat and crowds for a bit and it was very relaxing. I highly recommend that! All in all it was a great trip and we saw a lot of fun stuff. Can't wait to go back soon!

Wait I go in to work for ONE DAY and this is what happens???

If you’re here now, be sure to stop by the Grand Floridian’s gorgeous edible Easter egg display and Grand Cottage with Easter treats to purchase. We bought the handmade marshmallows, a 50th Mickey Woopie Pie and a raspberry chocolate Mickey head. The Whoopi pie tastes like French toast. Planning on catching fireworks at MK tonight.

Can second this. Outside of the delicious snacks, the Easter Egg displays are truly works of art.

Can't wait to see them next week!
I am SO excited to see this. We are staying at the Poly and going to ride the monorail over just to shop.

Overall we had a very good trip. I wrote a little bit about how genie worked for us after day 1 and overall it went very well after I got used to it. I never paid attention to any of the genie suggestions. I would absolutely pay to use genie again especially with these crowds. We never waited in a ride line except for rope drop, Pooh and Mickey/minnie RR. (less than 30min). All other rides were done with genie and we got all the headliners plus some mid tier. We rode every ride at HS (some twice!) We wrote 12 rides at MK on our second day. We also take long 4 hour breaks midday. Because of the lines when we had gaps in between genie + we decided to do new things with low or no waits. This was good to force us out of our usual routine and I forgot how fun it is to experience something new at Disney.

I will say characters absolutely need to return and I hope when they do its like before because it did feel less special not getting one on one time with them. Last year we went when there were no characters and we were willing to overlook it considering the circumstances but this time it felt more empty. The kids did have a great time with the Tremaine sisters. I wish we could have had more experiences like that.

The park was clean up until end of the night when lines were ready to be swept. Resort staff was all wonderful. The buses were the best they have ever been for us. We never waited more than ten minutes for one.

Last edited:
Overall we had a very good trip. I wrote a little bit about how genie worked for us after day 1 and overall it went very well after I got used to it. I never paid attention to any of the genie suggestions. I would absolutely pay to use genie again especially with these crowds. We never waited in a ride line except for rope drop, Pooh and Mickey/minnie RR. (less than 30min). All other rides were done with genie and we got all the headliners plus some mid tier. We rode every ride at HS (some twice!) We wrote 12 rides at MK on our second day. We also take long 4 hour breaks midday. Because of the lines when we had gaps in between genie + we decided to do new things with low or no waits. This was good to force us out of our usual routine and I forgot how fun it is to experience something new at Disney.

I will say characters absolutely need to return and I hope when they do its like before because it did feel less special not getting one on one time with them. Last year we went when there were no characters and we were willing to overlook it considering the circumstances but this time it felt more empty. The kids did have a great time with the Tremaine sisters. I wish we could have had more experiences like that.

The park was clean up until end of the night when lines were ready to be swept. Resort staff was all wonderful. The buses were the best they have ever been for us. We never waited more than ten minutes for one.
I agree about the characters. We saw a lot of "drive by" characters, and it was super unmagical to hear the CMs shouting "there is no line we are not forming a line just walk by or step up and take your photo keep it moving folks" while little kids are trying to talk to their favorite characters. We saw this happen A LOT last week.

Traditional character meet 'n greets are returning April 18th.

Last edited:
That’s great news! I didn’t hear any of the “move along” comments but the Meet & Greets (or Sightings I guess) were just weird. I really missed having the photographers capture the moments. When my DD was little that was most of our trip, just meeting all the princesses!

The Easter Egg Displays sound awesome! If we are staying offsite (doing Discovery Cove/Sea World this trip) but want to do a monorail loop to see the Easter Egg displays, what are my best options for parking? I know I can park at T&TC, but can I also valet at GF? Do I need a dining reservation, or is that only required for the free self parking? TIA.

The Easter Egg Displays sound awesome! If we are staying offsite (doing Discovery Cove/Sea World this trip) but want to do a monorail loop to see the Easter Egg displays, what are my best options for parking? I know I can park at T&TC, but can I also valet at GF? Do I need a dining reservation, or is that only required for the free self parking? TIA.
We parked at the TTC and took the tram, then walked over to the Poly for Dole Whips at the Pineapple Lanai!! Bought the 50th coins there. Then hopped on the monorail to GF. Looked at the displays, bought some candy. Did some shopping. And got back on the monorail to the Contemporary where we bought another set of 50th coins. Took the monorail back to the TTC.

We parked at the TTC and took the tram, then walked over to the Poly for Dole Whips at the Pineapple Lanai!! Bought the 50th coins there. Then hopped on the monorail to GF. Looked at the displays, bought some candy. Did some shopping. And got back on the monorail to the Contemporary where we bought another set of 50th coins. Took the monorail back to the TTC.

Love this idea.

You can pay to valet at GF if you wish. Cost is higher than parking at TTC, and tips are expected as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter