Many years ago we waited over an hour for a bus to the Boardwalk. My dh was growing more impatient as the time passed and when he counted the 4th bus to the All stars he was livid. He kept repeating that he paid $700 a night(we needed 2 rooms)and we should have saved thousands and stayed at the All stars. After that vacation he decided driving was the way to go. We've never looked back.
This reminds me of several years ago when we stayed at Coronado Springs. Seems like we were always waiting for a bus and we'd get excited when we could see one coming from a distance that looked like it was labeled Coronado Springs. About 75% of the time, they turned out to be for Saratoga Springs instead. Like there were 3 Saratoga busses for every Coronado. 🙃 To this day, we still say, "Curse you, Saratoga Springs!" when we get frustrated about something taking a long time. 🤪

(Also, now we just stay at walkable Epcot hotels so we don't have to deal with as many busses. We're trying Riviera this year and I really hope 🤞 we don't have to curse the Skyliner 😄)

Ok I always have a nail file/Emory board handy until I came to Disney...have 2 broken nails and can’t find an Emory board anywhere around! I looked in the gift shops at four different resorts and at Sephora in DS and no one has a nail file of any kind!!! So if anyone knows where I might find one please let me know!!! I can’t believe how I’ve always had one in my bag and never needed it and now I’m desperate...

I’m not sure if this is news to anyone else, but after our Cinderella’s Royal Table meal today our daughter was given a wand, and our son was given a sword! I know they had not been giving those out for awhile! It was a nice surprise to end out last day at magic kingdom
Great! I have a suggestion for Disney though that they give kids a choice! My daughter would prefer the sword :)

Ok I always have a nail file/Emory board handy until I came to Disney...have 2 broken nails and can’t find an Emory board anywhere around! I looked in the gift shops at four different resorts and at Sephora in DS and no one has a nail file of any kind!!! So if anyone knows where I might find one please let me know!!! I can’t believe how I’ve always had one in my bag and never needed it and now I’m desperate...
Sometimes front desks will have a small one as part of a toiletries kit. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Our last day here! I thought crowds wouldn’t be to bad this week. On Touring Plans it said 3’s and 4’s. I know Touring Plans is not always right, but I never thought it would this crowded. On a scale of 1 to 10 I say it was 9’s and 10’s. It was the most crowded that I have seen. We have been going every year for the past 10 years. Usually during summer though.
Genie + was a lifesaver! We had no trouble riding everything we wanted as long as I was up at 7:00am to book the paid rides. The ones that ran out quick that were not paid rides were Test Track and Slinky Dog. Especially Slinky Dog it’s one that is gone first thing in the morning.

Last edited:

12. I did a dessert party. I posted about it on that thread but it was meh and I do not recommend.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was toying around with doing a dessert party in Feb but the prices are just so high for what they are. This feedback is super helpful, I think we’ll just skip it :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was toying around with doing a dessert party in Feb but the prices are just so high for what they are. This feedback is super helpful, I think we’ll just skip it :)

I think that you can do your own dessert party. At 630 get your favorites food and go camp out a spot. You will get better food, the same view and save $100 per person.

I think that you can do your own dessert party. At 630 get your favorites food and go camp out a spot. You will get better food, the same view and save $100 per person.
After last night I have to disagree. We did not do the dessert party this year and I wished we did. Magic Kingdom was so packed!
I just hate standing in a crowd of people. If it is in a lower crowded time of the year I think it would be fine though. We were so frustrated with the hoards of people we went to Fantasyland and watched from the back. Not a good spot because we could not see the projections on the castle.
On the other hand I loved the Merriest Christmas After Hours fireworks and had no trouble standing in front of The Plaza to watch. We had room to move and didn’t feel uncomfortable. I highly recommend the After Hours event. It was great with most rides being a walk on. The only ride we skipped because of a long line was Jungle Cruise. Peter Pan was our longest wait being about 15 minutes. We didn’t ride Seven Dwarfs because we had already rode it the day before with Genie +.

If you still haven't found one, maybe check the department store in Epcot Japan. They have personal care items.

I wish I would have read this sooner. Could have had my daughter-in-law run one out to you on her way to or from work.

Can you Uber to Publix, Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart?

What about the gas station near the Boardwalk?

By the way - I fully appreciate these are unusual times and they have bus and driver shortages and the like. I get that, I truly do. That said, this was not what we saw. In multiple instances, there were dozens of buses coming and going to numerous stops, a few dozen idling, and a few dozen more "Filling Up with Pixie Dust" or whatever they say on them. When you see the 60th bus in an hour just do a loop around your spot, it gets tiresome.

I couldn't agree with you more! The bus situation was horrid while were there in October.

Refilling My Pixie dust....a phrase that still makes me angry to this day.... or the ones that said Figment... 😂

Pretty sure “refilling my pixie dust” means they are on a break.

I wish I would have read this sooner. Could have had my daughter-in-law run one out to you on her way to or from work.

Can you Uber to Publix, Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart?

What about the gas station near the Boardwalk?
Checked several places today...I’m going to check Pancho’s over at CSR tomorrow if I don’t find one to or I’ll order from Turners Drugs (front desk gave me their card). Thanks

I couldn't agree with you more! The bus situation was horrid while were there in October.

Refilling My Pixie dust....a phrase that still makes me angry to this day.... or the ones that said Figment... 😂
Figment buses are useful though—they’re floaters that get sent wherever there’s a big group of people stuck at a bus stop. There was one sent to Beach Club for me and about 15-20 other people waiting…and waiting…and waiting for a bus to MK. The driver was one of the talkative ones and she told us the whole story on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter