Just got back. Stayed at Art of Animation from 10/2 to 10/6. Saturday we hit MK, and though it seemed to be moderately crowded, the wait times did not reflect that. Waits were pretty reasonable all day, save for SDMT, which was around 50-60 minutes whenever we checked. We hopped to HS around 5pm for a 7pm reservation at Sci-Fi. We rode Slinky Dog twice and TSMM once before heading out.

Sunday we hit Animal Kingdom in the morning and were able to get on FOP in less than 5 minutes during Early Access, and then ride it again back to back. We were also able to ride EE several times in a row, and the wait time never seemed to go above 10 minutes while we were there. We hopped to HS around 2:30pm and found HS to be much of the same. Rode pretty much everything we wanted, save for RotR, without much of a wait.

Monday was EPCOT in the morning and we were able to ride TT and Soarin' twice each before the waits went above 15 minutes. We had lunch at Via Napoli and then hopped over to HS and had another afternoon/evening of pretty light crowds. The longest wait we had was 25 minutes for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad.

Tuesday everything changed, including the temperature reaching near surface of the sun levels. We did a full MK day, including Boo Bash. The daytime at MK was very crowded and we had to really plan our moves. We had a fantastic dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (haven't been there in ages!), and then continued to fight the crowds for another hour or so. Around 7:30pm, there was a very noticeable drop in crowds even though BB didn't officially start until 9:30. The rest of the night was very enjoyable, including Boo Bash, with very light crowds and lots of extra fun.

Wednesday, we had a late flight out, so we hung out at HS for the bulk of the day. Temps were a bit of a drag, with the heat index hitting 110 just after noon, and crowds were also very heavy, with most of the headliner rides hanging round 75-80 minutes. We departed around 4pm and headed to the airport. All in all, it was a great trip. For the first time in a long time, we didn't have any flash photography on dark rides and did not experience a single line cutter incident. Enforcement of masks by CM's was very good, maybe the best I've seen it. We found more than a fair share of CM's that were really working to bring the magic, which was great to see. One interesting thing was that we definitely found that Disney's posted wait times were often very off, both under and over. We used the TP Lines app, which was almost spot on every time. It definitely helped us as we planned our moves around the park without the benefit of FP+.

We then were held at the tapstiles for another 20 minutes, then walked to test track and held another 10-15 minutes, only to find out test track was down.
The same thing happened to us in June. It wasn't just TT for us either. It also happened on SDMT and Slinky. It was disappointing to say the least.

I swear I saw discussion somewhere on this topic, but now I can’t find it.
Success stories with early entry on check in day? We’re staying offsite for a few days then going to AKL the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hoping to enjoy early entry to AK that morning.

I swear I saw discussion somewhere on this topic, but now I can’t find it.
Success stories with early entry on check in day? We’re staying offsite for a few days then going to AKL the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hoping to enjoy early entry to AK that morning.
I was told it is the same as check out day, which we directly experienced. When you get your band scanned in the park for early entry, have your reservation pulled up on your phone in the MDE App and show them that you indeed have a reservation for that day. It slows the process down a bit, but they knew about the issue (checkin day/checkout day), and told us just to pull it up on our phone, then we were on our way.

Been here since the 26th, fly home Sunday, so had to take a Covid test (Canada), Negative. Yay. We have been eating indoors at restaurants. They still have the spacing going on in most cases, so we were never uncomfortable. 2 more park days, plus a breakfast at GF cafe, then its home. But back again at the end of January.

Ride waits gradually increasing as the trip goes on. My favourite day still the 1st at MK. Ride waits were low.

Arrived 10/5, staying at Caribbean Beach. Part of a travel party consisting of 9 people - 4 adults, 5 kids.

10/5, played golf at Palm golf course in the AM. Great course. Last minute thing so I didn’t bring my own clubs, so rental was quick and easy.

In the PM, attended Boo Bash. Arrived around 7p, got in around 8. (Issues with tickets)

Witnessed my first ever physical altercation at WDW. Two adults got into a shoving match due to firework watchers blocking the pathway of non watchers in Tomorrowland. No CMs anywhere to be found to deescalate the situation. Luckily other adults stepped in and got the line moving.

Boo Bash was my first ever after hours, ticketed event. While I very much enjoyed being able to walk on to the rides and all the sodas they were handing out, didn’t really think BB was worth it. Members of my travel party agreed as well.

10/6, full day at MK. Longest wait time was about 20 minutes for Space Mountain. For most of the day, my group found that wait times were half of what was advertised on signs/apps.

10/7, full day at AK. Longest wait was Flight/Avatar at 40 minutes. Everything else was 10 minutes or less.

Mask compliance indoors has been good, better than I expected.

Leave 10/10, so a couple more days to go.

I know some people check this thread now for info like this (as I used to also). Been back home 10 days now from our trip. Happy to report that no one from our group of 7 got sick. No one has experienced any symptoms since returning. I wore a KN95 mask on rides/indoors and the rest of the group wore disposable masks. So really a good ending to a really fun trip!

I know some people check this thread now for info like this (as I used to also). Been back home 10 days now from our trip. Happy to report that no one from our group of 7 got sick. No one has experienced any symptoms since returning. I wore a KN95 mask on rides/indoors and the rest of the group wore disposable masks. So really a good ending to a really fun trip!
Same here! We only wore masks in places where they were required.
Even on the three crowded fireworks nights, no masks and negative!

Last edited:
We were there this week, Mon/Tues.

Got to Coronado Springs around 330, our first time there. Had found a passholder deal on a room awhile ago. Went in to the tower, and were very impressed with it. Were looking around and a guy, apparently a mgr, came up to us and was chatting. I asked if we would be able to see the MK fireworks from our room (401). He said no, not on that side. The said he could check for a different room for us, and after kinda saying no, thats ok, we said ok sure. Awhile later he came back and had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite!! We were shocked, to say the least. The room(s) were wonderful, living room, bedroom, bath and a 1/2. Fancy. We were able to see MK fw great, at 815. Afterwards we went up to the top floor lounge and watched the Epcot fireworks, and also the ones they have with the show at HS. So managed to see all 3 parks from the hotel!! Wonderful experience.

Tues my DH left early for golf. I ate at Rix at the hotel, which was fine. The hotel seemed pretty empty. I then took a bus to Epcot. We had Remy preview at 1-2. Got there about 10 and stood about 15 back in resort early entry line. About 1005 they started scanning us in, yay!! But then walked us (I went left towards Space 220) and then held us back by the walls til the 1/2 hour, 1030 exactly. There were pretty many in the area by then. Fast walked it over to the restaurant to beg for a ressie. Was in the line, about 12 back, actually it was the wait for lounge line. About 1045 1050 lady came out and I flagged her down and started my beg. She said she'd check, and a bit later brought me around to the podium and found me a 1230!!!

Texted my DH to hurry it up and he ran from the car to Space, we were there right at 1230, figuring to eat fast to get to our Remy. Suffice to say, so thrilled to get the ressie, enjoyed the experience and food (salmon and steak), the elevaotr was the best part... rushed the lunch but then hyper walked all the way to France, got there 130.

The Remy line said 30 minutes, it was a wound around outside at first, moved along fairly fast tho, so probably all told 20-25 minutes. Loved the ride, much more than MMRR, not really jerky. Each color car does a slightly different route. Got out of that and then wait was 15 minutes, no one outside at all. Just walked right back on. Did that twice more! Got lucky there.

Walked over and got a griddled cheese in Greece, the only thing I really wanted to try and FW, it was super delicious, could have had 5 more. Then walked to France and got ice cream, and by then we were done. Slow walked it to car.

Overall one of our best trips yet, lots of surprises and pixie dust. Monday night dinner El Mulino, could take it or leave it, probably won't return.
Sorry for the long post.
What restaurant are you referring to?? Space?? I'm so confused, lol!

Been here since the 26th, fly home Sunday, so had to take a Covid test (Canada), Negative. Yay. We have been eating indoors at restaurants. They still have the spacing going on in most cases, so we were never uncomfortable. 2 more park days, plus a breakfast at GF cafe, then its home. But back again at the end of January.

Ride waits gradually increasing as the trip goes on. My favourite day still the 1st at MK. Ride waits were low.

Can I ask where you got your test? We are going to be there in a couple of weeks and have a test booking made for a couple of days before we fly back to Canada but it's not at a terribly convenient place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter