Wait times continue to be ridiculously low today. Did everything I wanted at AK by 11 AM. Hopped to MK , Space Mtn was a walk on at 2 PM, BTMRR was 10 minutes. Splash was 30.

Too bad it won’t last, right? ;) My family members went to Studios for the resort guest early entry. Went right to ROTR, only about 50 people in front of them. By 9:06 they had done Rise, Slinky Dog & Toy Story Mania. Crazy!

Just back a few days ago. 8 days at Disney and one day at UO. Thought I'd give some thoughts about our experience.
1. Overall CM were really great with a couple exceptions. Very friendly and helpful. They didn't seem as efficient as in the past but hopefully they staff up and train.
2. MMRR is fantastic. Such fun, everyone in our party loved it. Good riddance to the Great Movie Ride.
3. This has been discussed here so I thought I'd comment. Mask compliance seemed really high for what it's worth.
4. Raglan Road was one of the best places to eat. Great food and entertainment. A new tradition for us.
5. UO was a good time. I would like to spend more time there. However I wouldn't bother with young kids. My daughter was 36 in before we left and measured just fine in disney. Universal measurement were off by an inch or two. She only rode one ride all day because of this.
6. I had read here about what a better value UO is over disney. That was not my experience. UO seemed overall more expensive for admission, food, and souvenirs. The HP merch was especially high priced. We plan on going back when my youngest can experience more, but I certainly didn't feel like I got more for the money.

how far in advance did you have to book your AP preview? I bought my AP the first day we were there, Thursday. On Monday, standing out front of Remy, I was hoping to hear them say something about an AP preview. But only heard them say something about reservations. I tried to do a quick search on google but couldn’t find anything.
Preview reservations were made the beginning of August.

Very low waits at MK this evening. Walked in about 5:15, the hub was already getting pretty full by that point. Did Space, Peoplemover, Pirates, got a dole whip, did some shopping and was in my spot for HEA by 6:40. It was absolutely packed, as expected. Watched HEA (cried like a baby). Then after HEA did Big Thunder x2, Splash, and SDMT x2. Got a glimpse of the new EWP floats on the way out!

Reading about all of these low wait times, is this the calm before the storm? Thoughts? 😬
I have been very happily surprised this week. I suspect there will be a peak for the 50th week and then go back to low crowds. Then there is the question of how Genie + will affect times.

Has anyone driven to MK since they started early entry for resort guests? I know the bus would be better, but I’m not ready to take buses yet Covid-wise. Are they still only letting cars in about and hour before official opening?

At AK today. Did not rope drop, which never happens for me, but we wanted to take advantage of our morning at AKL. Got to see the giraffes running and playing so it was worth it. Walked in about 9:20, so the macaws fly around and then just waited 15 minutes for FOP, posted wait was 25.
Looking like another day of low waits, we will see what tomorrow brings.

Reading about all of these low wait times, is this the calm before the storm? Thoughts? 😬
At AK today. Did not rope drop, which never happens for me, but we wanted to take advantage of our morning at AKL. Got to see the giraffes running and playing so it was worth it. Walked in about 9:20, so the macaws fly around and then just waited 15 minutes for FOP, posted wait was 25.
Looking like another day of low waits, we will see what tomorrow brings.

Yup! Got to AK around 9:00 or so and walked on FOP twice and waited 25 for Navi.

I had not thought about first aid, actually. I had some bandaids and the location (of the blisters) made it hard for them to stay on (I also tried moleskin, in case that would've helped but I couldn't get it to stay in place). I tried using a tshirt I had purchased as protection but that didn't quite work. It's okay - just one of those things folks might not think of unless/until they experience it. I did use Shipt to get a pair of gloves for the rest of the trip (but also was fortunate enough to get an ECV). The wheelchair wasn't completely a shock - I should've been using one for the past decade (I do at major conferences ... some times, at least). But, carrying internalized ablism, I kept thinking, "Oh, I can make this work," until I literally couldn't make my hip roll forward. I couldn't walk or even sit for about 5 minutes at EP and then I went to the room and took a break. Unfortunately, we often don't take the breaks until long past our body says we need a break. Anyway, I was very lucky to get the wheelchair at all and especially so to get an ECV the next day. I had committed to myself and a couple of friends that should I not get some mobility aid, I would just stay at the resort and not walk around more than I had to.

I'm glad that things finally worked out for you:)

I’m seriously questioning my assumption that would happen. Except on weekends. Weekends I still vote will be crazy.
So is it possible that the only people that will make it busy this weekend are travel agents and bloggers? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Seriously, my FB and Twitter feeds are all Disney Travel Agents and bloggers... are any real people going to Disney?? I still feel like any hope I have for low crowds by mid-October are unfounded though... I mean resort bookings looked strong, right? The people have to be coming...

Eh, maybe I'll just continue to hold on to hope that the low crowds will continue through October once we're past next week...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter