We went to HS on Saturday. Tried for a ROTR BG at 7:00am. Both DW and I were trying on our phones from home. DW was so disappointed that she didn't get a BG that she did not hear me say "we're in, BG 1!". We drove to the park and arrived at the parking plaza a couple minutes before 8am for a 9am open. They were already letting car through. We were parked in the first row of cars. We were allowed straight into the park and a group was forming outside of MMRR on the left side of the building. There were only a handful of people there when we got there.

At 8:30am they let us into the queue. We were off the ride just before 9:00am. DW had never ridden SDD, and I won't, so we decided to try and get her on that before our BG time ended at 10. The wait for SDD said 45 minutes at 9:00am, but I assured DW that the actual wait time would be less. Sure enough, she was on SDD right about 9:30. Plenty of time to make it to our ROTR BG.

Other than that, we watched the Mickey and Minnie Short Film thing and had lunch at ABC Commissary. Then we stopped at Guest Relations to get our new AP cards and magicband slider and to make sure our APs are ready to go for MK on 10/1. It was a short but productive morning at HS. But also a very hot and exhausted morning.

Just got back from our 11 day trip! We had a great time, even though there were some not so great moments (watching my mom faceplant on the concrete at Boo Bash was a bit terrifying!).

We normally go in September, and since we go every year, we tend to do a handful of special events each trip and focus less on getting on all of the rides. Since most of the events aren’t back yet, this trip was a bit different than our normal Septembers, but we still had a blast. We do miss the events, especially the food and wine special lunches, so hope those come back next year!

I tried to post updates each day here during the trip, so I’m going to keep this short and touch upon stuff I hadn’t mentioned previously.

So first the hotel, we stayed at Yacht Club as we normally do, and while I still love the resort, it wasn’t the best stay. They were preparing for the exterior painting outside our room while we were there, but since they don’t do work on the weekends we didn’t even realize how much this would impact our trip until our 4th day in the hotel so we had already unpacked. And when staying for 11 days, we pack A LOT, so once we realized we would not be able to use our balcony during the week, we had already unpacked all of our suitcases so my mom did not want to move.

Now I realize that was totally on us for not requesting a move that day, but we had been assigned a different room that wasn’t ready when we arrived, but this room was ready so they put us in it as if they were doing us a favor. I wish they had told us that they were doing work on that rooms balcony when they offered it so we at least had a choice of an earlier room or a room where we could use the balcony.
The good news is we had very quiet neighbors this trip, so it was gloriously quiet at night!

The crowds this trip were very varied by park and day, but we did find Epcot to be the worst with the crowds overall. We did have some nice seemingly low-ish crowd times there, Tuesday and Wednesday were great, but compared to past years where WS seemed empty during the week mid-day, this year it definitely seemed more crowded. We have a picture from I believe 2019 or 2018 of the pathway in front of Germany around 1:00 in the afternoon with absolutely no one in sight. We took it after realized we hadn’t seen anyone else around since Norway and wanted to document the awesome emptiness. I miss those days!

That being said, wait times were great this trip! We were really surprised, usually in September the waits are worse, but the overall number of people around seem a lot less. This trip the wait times were fantastic, but there just seemed to be a lot more people wandering around the park than in past Septembers.

For mask compliance, it was pretty near perfect this trip, much better than in April. We only had two occasions where people weren’t wearing them where they were supposed to and the CM didn’t say anything. The first was on the bus to AK one morning, of the full bus only my mom and I and one other family wore masks, no one else did, and the bus driver didn’t say a thing. The crazy thing is the people wore masks outside at the bus stop but took them off right when they got on the bus. So odd. Although I did overhear a mother at the airport this morning tell her family it was ok to take their masks off since they were finally inside the airport, so maybe some people are just confused about where they are required? :confused3

The other time was in MK before Boo Bash on Friday. Lots of people not wearing masks in indoor lines and CMs didn’t say anything, but once Boo Bash started everyone we saw was complying with the rules.

One thing I found awesome this trip is people were great about personal space! In April people weren't so great, I kept having people physically touching me in lines (and this is back when the 6ft distancing was around!), but this trip we never had anyone crowding up on us in line, in fact most people stayed 2-3ft away. Hope people stay that courteous, really hate when people crowd up on us especially when it's surface of the sun hot that day!

Oh, and one last thing. The MDE app was awful this trip. I’ve never had issues with it before like I did this week. Three times during the trip I went in to find that our trip had been deleted from the app so I had to go find the confirmation number in my email from over a year ago to reenter it. Besides that it was just supper buggy all trip, wonder if the imminent release of Genie had anything to do with it.

A bolt of lightning and mini golf closed, so we got a rain check. Went back to the hotel to relax. Got our return text for Gideon after 2.5 hours, so went to pick up cookies and then went to mini golf. Cookies are delicious (though smaller than I was expecting), and we definitely love Winter Summerland golf more than Fantasia.

Assorted pictures from Disney Springs today: Holiday turkey sandwich from Earl of Sandwich (glad it was good because I passed up my beloved caprese sandwich for it!), Gideon’s Pistachio Toffee cookie, Sprinkles cupcakes (banana, German chocolate, chocolate marshmallow, and confetti sprinkles), also glad to find the Star Wars soda bottles at the trading post, so that we don’t have to buy them in the parks and carry them around tomorrow.

I’ve had a pretty good day. I checked out of Riviera and after my second stay here I really like this resort. The Skyliner ran a lot better than it did in May and I utilized Disney transport for the majory of my trip.

I did Animal Kingdom from open to close today. There were crowds, but they thinned out by the end of the night. I think I rode Everest like 5 times in a row before I hit up Flight of Passage for my last ride.

The lines looked pretty good at DHS, so now I’m over here to see what I can do in an hour.

Tomorrow is an extra day for me. I need to start the drive back by 7pm. I’ll be starting at Magic Kingdom.

Grrrrrrr…..I know I’m just one of many others who were refreshing incessantly this morning and still not able to secure a BG at exactly 7:00AM….still annoying.
Would you mind, even if it unfortunately didn’t work out, telling us more details about your technique? (Where were you, if you used wifi or cellular, that kind of thing) because it might be helpful for others, even if just for a few days

Just got back from our 11 day trip! We had a great time, even though there were some not so great moments (watching my mom faceplant on the concrete at Boo Bash was a bit terrifying!).

We normally go in September, and since we go every year, we tend to do a handful of special events each trip and focus less on getting on all of the rides. Since most of the events aren’t back yet, this trip was a bit different than our normal Septembers, but we still had a blast. We do miss the events, especially the food and wine special lunches, so hope those come back next year!

I tried to post updates each day here during the trip, so I’m going to keep this short and touch upon stuff I hadn’t mentioned previously.

So first the hotel, we stayed at Yacht Club as we normally do, and while I still love the resort, it wasn’t the best stay. They were preparing for the exterior painting outside our room while we were there, but since they don’t do work on the weekends we didn’t even realize how much this would impact our trip until our 4th day in the hotel so we had already unpacked. And when staying for 11 days, we pack A LOT, so once we realized we would not be able to use our balcony during the week, we had already unpacked all of our suitcases so my mom did not want to move.

Now I realize that was totally on us for not requesting a move that day, but we had been assigned a different room that wasn’t ready when we arrived, but this room was ready so they put us in it as if they were doing us a favor. I wish they had told us that they were doing work on that rooms balcony when they offered it so we at least had a choice of an earlier room or a room where we could use the balcony.
The good news is we had very quiet neighbors this trip, so it was gloriously quiet at night!

The crowds this trip were very varied by park and day, but we did find Epcot to be the worst with the crowds overall. We did have some nice seemingly low-ish crowd times there, Tuesday and Wednesday were great, but compared to past years where WS seemed empty during the week mid-day, this year it definitely seemed more crowded. We have a picture from I believe 2019 or 2018 of the pathway in front of Germany around 1:00 in the afternoon with absolutely no one in sight. We took it after realized we hadn’t seen anyone else around since Norway and wanted to document the awesome emptiness. I miss those days!

That being said, wait times were great this trip! We were really surprised, usually in September the waits are worse, but the overall number of people around seem a lot less. This trip the wait times were fantastic, but there just seemed to be a lot more people wandering around the park than in past Septembers.

For mask compliance, it was pretty near perfect this trip, much better than in April. We only had two occasions where people weren’t wearing them where they were supposed to and the CM didn’t say anything. The first was on the bus to AK one morning, of the full bus only my mom and I and one other family wore masks, no one else did, and the bus driver didn’t say a thing. The crazy thing is the people wore masks outside at the bus stop but took them off right when they got on the bus. So odd. Although I did overhear a mother at the airport this morning tell her family it was ok to take their masks off since they were finally inside the airport, so maybe some people are just confused about where they are required? :confused3

The other time was in MK before Boo Bash on Friday. Lots of people not wearing masks in indoor lines and CMs didn’t say anything, but once Boo Bash started everyone we saw was complying with the rules.

One thing I found awesome this trip is people were great about personal space! In April people weren't so great, I kept having people physically touching me in lines (and this is back when the 6ft distancing was around!), but this trip we never had anyone crowding up on us in line, in fact most people stayed 2-3ft away. Hope people stay that courteous, really hate when people crowd up on us especially when it's surface of the sun hot that day!

Oh, and one last thing. The MDE app was awful this trip. I’ve never had issues with it before like I did this week. Three times during the trip I went in to find that our trip had been deleted from the app so I had to go find the confirmation number in my email from over a year ago to reenter it. Besides that it was just supper buggy all trip, wonder if the imminent release of Genie had anything to do with it.
“Faceplant on the concrete” ? What happened?

Went to Boo Bash last night. First ever DAH event. I am not sure I ever want to go to the parks in the day again. I have been to WDW a total of about 12 times I think for probably a total of 60 days (idk, who's counting at this point?). Last night has to rank as one of, if not the best, days at WDW.

No midday heat and everything was a walk on except Jungle Cruise (14 minutes), 7Dmt (11 minutes), and strangely enough the Speedway (waited 5 minutes, saw that they were only loading 4 cars at a time in just one lane and turned around)

Candy,, unlimited ice cream, soda, and popcorn was also cool. And characters actually out in the park.

anyone there now? I haven't seen many posts about them this year. How are they for this September?

They were all over the place at AoA, especially at the Cozy Cone pool, so it just depends on where you are.

Back to the topic,

Returned yesterday from a 7 day trip 9.13-9.20 and overall things were great. The Skyliner is amazing and i actually prefer it over the monorail, the air circulation feels wonderful on a hot day. The kids looked at is as an actual ride, which was another benefit.

First a couple things that i didnt like.........my wife. LOL. Its impossible to get her committed to a plan without letting her fall on her face a couple times. We agree to wake up a little later to let the rope drop crew pass and take advantage of shorter lines later in the day, yet im woken up at 7am to a fully dressed wife ready to leave for the parks. We got to MK on our first park day at 9:15 and she immediately wants to hit every photopass spot she sees, and in my mind im thinking "I know i didnt get up early to get to the parks just to stand in long photopass lines while the queues fill up for the popular rides". Luckily the longest wait we had was 32 minutes for Jungle Cruise, everything else was under 20 minutes or walk on. We were able to let the kids re-ride anything they liked. Now was definitely the time to go for us because the kids got their fill of Dumbo, Flying Carpets, Carousel, Barnstormer, etc...with the only limiting factor being how fast you race around and re-enter the queue. I will say that it seems that more people were booking mid-September hoping everyone else would push their trip into October for the 50th, leaving late August to actually be the absolute best time to go.

We didnt partake in Boo Bash but both of our MK days fell on Boo Bash nights. For Non-Boo Bashers there is a good and a bad here, the good is that Boo Bashers are not coming in at 7 to ride attractions so they wont affect your queue times. The bad is that if you are there to see fireworks, id say 90% of the Boo Bashers entering the turnstiles at 7pm are there to stake out a fireworks spot, so the hub is going to fill QUICKLY. Luckily our kids fell asleep and we were able to get a good spot at 7:15.

Second thing i did not like is that the food seems to have dipped in quality once again. My sister joined us on the trip and we were excited to show her some of the great treats/snacks WDW has to offer and i must say we left disappointed. Many of our favorites have either had the recipe changed (Carrot Cake Cookie) or the quality of ingredients has taken a nose dive. Then some of the things we wanted to try were not in stock, and i dont mean sold out for that day, i mean they never even had them that day at all, (Im looking at you Caramel Apple Tart in ABC Commissary). The highlights of our trip ended up being the cherry beer at the Germany booth, Topolinos, and the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. I know they recently changed POG vendors but they need some quality control on the preparation because the batch we had at Tuskers House was outright bad, while at Topolinos it was amazing. We actually requested they take away the POG at Tuskers House and bring over the Minute Maid apple juice it was so bad.

Are the metal detectors set to maximum sensitivity at MK and set to low everywhere else? I entered the parks with the exact same items every day and i was only sent to bag search on the 2 MK days.

Disney is flat out lying with ride wait times. Stood directly in front of the CM holding the 60 minute wait sign at 7DMT and it only took us 32 minutes to hit the ride. Lines app was right on top of it. I still think there is something illegal about telling people the ride wait times are almost double what they actually are when you are also selling a service to skip the wait times. This is screaming class action.

Disney needs an IN HOUSE hit on Disney Jr. in the worst way. The most popular characters on the network are not Disney owned and therefore are not in the dance party or dont have areas set up for pictures. Vampirina and Doc McStuffins got almost no response at all from the kids, which makes sense because those shows are just about off the network. Bluey, Puppy Dog Pals, PJ Masks, T.O.T.S, and the new Spiderman (which i know cant happen) is what the kids know now.

On the positive side, the charter buses ARE THE BEST THING EVER. I understand that may be a sore spot for the scooter crowd, but wow is it so much better for people with strollers and nights with heavy bus lines. You could hear people in line get overjoyed when they saw the next bus pulling in was a charter bus and not one of the standard Disney buses. I tell you nothing ends your night on a high note like riding a standing room only Disney bus while trying to wrangle two toddlers and strollers. We noped right out of that and waited 3 minutes for a charter bus to arrive. Please Disney keep the charter buses going!

Went to Boo Bash last night. First ever DAH event. I am not sure I ever want to go to the parks in the day again. I have been to WDW a total of about 12 times I think for probably a total of 60 days (idk, who's counting at this point?). Last night has to rank as one of, if not the best, days at WDW.

No midday heat and everything was a walk on except Jungle Cruise (14 minutes), 7Dmt (11 minutes), and strangely enough the Speedway (waited 5 minutes, saw that they were only loading 4 cars at a time in just one lane and turned around)

Candy,, unlimited ice cream, soda, and popcorn was also cool. And characters actually out in the park.
This is blowing my mind. Just read a report from someone on the party thread from last night saying SDMT seemed packed all night and the party was so crowded they felt it was very Covid unsafe. (And this is not the first time we’ve had reviews from the same night that are polar opposite on this party!)

Is it possible there are two Magic Kingdoms hosting this party? Like an alternate universe situation?

I was at Disney from September 12th thru September 17th. My husband and I have been to Disney over 20 times, so we only do things we like to do. We don’t rope drop or ride a lot of rides. I don’t report wait times for rides so if you’re expecting that, it won’t be here. We are just happy to get out of the house and do things we enjoy. We visited twice in 2020 during covid restrictions. Our concern this trip was being able to visit without inviting covid into our lives, if possible. We are vaccinated and both over 60. We went into the parks later and we ate at table service restaurants. We found the parks to be much busier than we thought they would be. It wasn’t empty like the reports stated during the last weeks of August. The later in the day, the busier it got. We went to Epcot twice and after two pm it was uncomfortably crowded. I think most people are park hopping to Epcot after two. We wore masks both inside and outside. We only removed them outside when stationary and no others were near us. When eating, we found more secluded areas away from others. Masks are optional outside, and I estimate around thirty percent of people were wearing them. While masks are required indoors, many women seemed to think the restrooms were mask optional zones and didn’t put them on when they visited the restroom. Regarding ride ques, a few waited until we were far into the indoor ques before putting the masks on. We stayed at the Rivera Resort (which I can’t say enough good things about) and rode the sky liner to Epcot and Hollywood studios. We asked if we could have our own car, and this was granted. Of course, we were not riding at prime time so that might change if it had been a busier time of day. At indoor dining locations we asked for a table more distant (if possible) and stated that we would be happy to wait if we needed to. The only restaurants that had a problem with this were Beaches and Cream and California Grill. At California Grill, we did get a booth with plexiglass. It was fine. At Beaches and Cream, there were no good tables, but we finally got one next to the wall with one table on the side (next to the wall) and the entrance to the kitchen on the other. While we were there, an incident occurred with an older drunken man and his companion parading through the restaurant mask less and shouting. Someone showed up (I’m thinking Disney Security) and took several photos of them and followed them out of the restaurant. Unless you really want to eat at Beaches and Cream, I suggest you avoid the restaurant if you are concerned about covid. They have a takeout window, but you can only get some items there (i.e., not the kitchen sink.) At Topolinos, they said that they had already socially distanced many of the tables in the restaurant. We were given a booth with plexiglass on both sides (which is exactly what I wanted.) We also ate at Liberty Tree Tavern, Brown Derby, and Via Napoli. We mobile ordered Breakfast three times from Primo Piatto, the counter service restaurant at the Riveria Resort. It was ready fast and very good. Although you were allowed to eat in the area, we took the food back to our room. We drove our car down and took the auto train back. We stayed in a 1-bedroom compartment, the evening meal was delivered, and we never left the compartment until we arrived in Lorton. Per federal law, everyone was masked. However, we were allowed to remove our masks inside our compartment. There was a stern announcement saying that prolonged non masking would not be tolerated. We arrived home Saturday. So far, we seem to be fine. A few more days will tell.

Last edited:
This is blowing my mind. Just read a report from someone on the party thread from last night saying SDMT seemed packed all night and the party was so crowded they felt it was very Covid unsafe. (And this is not the first time we’ve had reviews from the same night that are polar opposite on this party!)

Is it possible there are two Magic Kingdoms hosting this party? Like an alternate universe situation?

Yeah, it's crazy. I like it when people give a little background on their previous WDW experience. It was our first DAH event. So, idk, maybe if I had other ones to compare, I would have a different opinion. 7dmt and JC did have lines pretty much all night. We did them toward the end of the night. But literally everything else we went on was a walk on (except that weird Speedway thing, but who cares about that). My DD, 10, couldn't have been happier. She went on things back to back walk ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter