Anyone there now to confirm if crowds have subsided after the holiday? I fly out tomorrow after work!
I think it was marginally better yesterday at HS than over the weekend. Wait times were still more normal than last week with waits at the peak over an hour.

According to Touring Plans....Yes, very low crowds.
We have been here since Monday afternoon. Yesterday did AK in the morning and Epcot in the evening. AK was pretty much a walk on for everything except FoP and Navi. We didn't do Navi because the timing wasn't right for us (we have a baby with us and it was getting hot) but the wait times were listed higher than FoP so I'm guessing it was having issued. Around 10:45 FoP was listed as a 45 min. wait. Son and his SO got in line while I took the baby to wait for an opening at Nomad Lounge. They got on with a 40 min. wait but said most of it was inside. By the time they got off there was still no wait list at Nomad Lounge and I got us a good sized table outside. We rode Safari right when we got there around 9:30 with no wait. Didn't ride anything else but walked the trails. It didn't seem very busy and we did check the wait times and everything was listed at 5 to 10 min. We went to Epcot around 5:30 or 6, snack around F&W and walked on the Mexico ride. Walked over to FW and walked on Figment (which the baby loved as well as Mexico) and walked on SSE. We left the park around 8:30 and WS seemed a little crowded but not bad and there was plenty of room to walk around. There was a decent rain shower around 6 or so and a few booths closed down but they re-opened later.

I was able to get BG 29 this morning for ROTR with no problems. I just put my phone on data instead of internet and when it flipped over to 7 am hit join. No problems at all. Later I will update as to how HS is. Since we have a baby with us we aren't riding a lot of rides, although we will do child swap at HS for ROTR and ToT maybe Slinky dog. We have to leave and come back to the room around 1 because it just gets too hot for her even with a fan blowing on her.

Thanks for the crowd reports! My parents flew in last night and will be at AK today - hopefully the crowds are low for them. I fly in this evening and we'll all hit MK tomorrow!

ETA: I will post some updates once we're there - this thread has been helpful to me so happy to return the favor. :)

Last edited:
It looks like the popular rides have 30-45 minute waits right now. NY schools have off for the jewish holidays tue/wed this week and NYC schools don't even start until next week. I am hoping for lower wait times when I go next week.

Here at DHS today. I didn’t know the Lyft drop off location had changed - and my driver certainly didn’t either and English was a challenge so that was an adventure. And then we had a magic band issue (the issue being I forgot them) so had to go to ticket window. All that said, we got into the park at 8:45am and walked on ToT and RnRc, star tours, single rider line for MFSR (3 minute wait, 2 of us still rode together), frozen singalong, and MNMRR all by noon. Not bad. Wait times are about 20 mins for most things, posted 30-40.

IT IS AS HOT AS THE SURFACE OF THE SUN. We were here in early July and it wasn’t half this bad.

bring a UV umbrella, it’s saving us.
Mask compliance inside is great.
very low crowds in my opinion. Few kids at all.
Hopping to MK this afternoon and expect more people…

Last edited:
Heading to the airport soon! I have a UV umbrella packed as well as a neck fan. We've gone in September a few times so know what to expect in terms of heat. Still, it would be nice to have some clouds around to help with that surface of the sun feel!

ETA: My parents are in AK today and it looks like most things are a walk-on right now!

Last edited:
Here at DHS today. I didn’t know the Lyft drop off location had changed - and my driver certainly didn’t either and English was a challenge so that was an adventure. And then we had a magic band issue (the issue being I forgot them) so had to go to ticket window. All that said, we got into the park at 8:45am and walked on ToT and RnRc, star tours, single rider line for Milleniuk Falcon (3 minute wait, 2 of us still rode together), frozen singalong, and MNMRR all by noon. Not bad. Wait times are about 20 mins for most things, posted 30-40.

IT IS AS HOT AS THE SURFACE OF THE SUN. We were here in early July and it wasn’t half this bad.

bring a UV umbrella, it’s saving us.
Mask compliance inside is great.
very low crowds in my opinion. Few kids at all.
Hopping to MK this afternoon and expect more people…
Whats the new procedure for getting dropped off by rideshare at DHS? In case anyone else here needs the info.

We have been here for about two weeks now. Last week was definitely lower crowds than this week. HS today not too bad but definitely not a one as reported by touring plans. Touring plan wait times are more accurate than Disney.

We were supposed to be there now, but had to move to 17-24. We typically go early to mid September, and I am curious to see if the crowds start ramping up as October 1 draws closer.

We were supposed to be there now, but had to move to 17-24. We typically go early to mid September, and I am curious to see if the crowds start ramping up as October 1 draws closer.
Going those dates as well, I have seen on other planning sites that expected crowds are predicted to be very low. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have a good week!

After a late breakfast, we spent the day in MK today and it was really nice. Rained quite a bit before we arrived and then just stayed mostly cloudy and cool (79-81 according to my phone app) with a nice breeze and a few showers. The longest we waited for anything was 25 minutes for Jungle Cruise (posted time was 50 minutes) and everything else was a walk-on or 5 minute wait. We didn't try SDMT or Tomorrowland rides though since we headed over to the Grand Floridian for an early dinner at the GF Cafe. Anyway, it was a nice first day and hopefully the low crowds continue through next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter