Successful afternoon at HS!

Got there around 5:30 and did-

TSMM x4
AS2 x3
MMRR x2

all walk ons except the first MMRR- maybe 10 min wait.

We also got a RotR boarding group at 5;30- group 165. Called at 8:20.

Storms meant we took a bus back today instead of the boat but we got lucky and avoided any hard rain

ETA- HS was doing fingerprinting today.

Last edited:
I got the same thing today. Got backup boarding group 151 that we got from a 1:50 join. They were at boarding group 139 at 8:30pm, so we didn’t think we had a chance. Got a notice while in line for Slinky at close that we had until 9:26. We got off Slinky at 9:20, but decided we had 3 more days we could play the park hop virtual que game.
Omg that was our group same night! FYI we got called I believe 8:53/ 8:56 can’t recall. Was nerve wracking from 8-9 watching the app

Might be another light day at Hollywood Studios? Just scored boarding group 12. I am pretty sure I didn’t reserve as fast as I could have. I never watched any of the tutorial videos, wasn’t 100% confident what I was doing and still managed a great group. Have a great day everyone and if you’re at WDW, stay hydrated, looks like a hot one today!

Oh! Also, my return time says 160 minutes. Is that from NOW or park opening?

I got a backup boarding group today around 3pm and totally missed the alert that it got called. Weird thing was it got called at 859pm and it said i had 30 mins to get there (we were already long gone even if i noticed it). Is that normal though? The park closed at 9. Was surprised theyd give us until 30 minutes after close. Kinda bummed I wasnt still there. Woulda walked out the ride an hour after closing. Oh well.

When we were there last week, DD got a "standby boarding group" and was told they'd be loading RotR until 10 PM.

Might be another light day at Hollywood Studios? Just scored boarding group 12. I am pretty sure I didn’t reserve as fast as I could have. I never watched any of the tutorial videos, wasn’t 100% confident what I was doing and still managed a great group. Have a great day everyone and if you’re at WDW, stay hydrated, looks like a hot one today!

The countdown starts when you get the boarding group.

Did AK yesterday morning, seemed like a lot of people there but lines were good. Walked onto pretty much everything, slight wait for the Safari because of a giraffic jam holding up the trucks for about 15 minutes. Did Everest twice in a row. Hopped to Epcot at 2, again, lots of people walking around but lines were short. Test Track was posted 30 minutes but we were in and out in 32 minutes. Walked onto everything else. Food likes for the festival spots were nothing except for France for some reason, that was at least a 20 minute wait, walked up to every other vendor with either one person in line or no wait at all. It was HOT there yesterday with the sun beating off the sidewalks. MK today, possibly another hop to Epcot.

Touring plans adjusted crowd levels next week. All parks are showing at level 1 except for MK 3 or 4 days are a level 2. I can't wait to report back. I'm sort of wondering if Rope Drop is necessary for each day. We will be there 8/28-9/4.
This is so odd. It's almost like, they got a lot of cancellations or something.

I got 51! 355 minutes est time lol. I’m still in bed. Letting the kid sleep in. I’m guessing you can board at 10

Last night I was watching local news. It’s not just WDW. Daytona Mayor saying hotels are seeing cancellations all over the place, even for this upcoming race. Most bookings are locals/ FL residents as they average only 2 nights vs longer bookings. Simply many are not coming down right now.

Touring plans adjusted crowd levels next week. All parks are showing at level 1 except for MK 3 or 4 days are a level 2. I can't wait to report back. I'm sort of wondering if Rope Drop is necessary for each day. We will be there 8/28-9/4.

We are going 28-30 do you remember which days MK was a 2, not that 1 or 2 is big difference. Im so excited for the potential low crowds! We already weren't planning on rope drop and Im glad it seems like it won't be necessary. We drive down sat morning, so earliest we will get into MK is 11.

We are going 28-30 do you remember which days MK was a 2, not that 1 or 2 is big difference. Im so excited for the potential low crowds! We already weren't planning on rope drop and Im glad it seems like it won't be necessary. We drive down sat morning, so earliest we will get into MK is 11.

Yes....for the 28-30, oddly enough Touring Plans is saying Saturday the 28th MK is a level 1 day, the 29th and 30th are level 2 days.

I am thinking that may be the issue. I'm thinking folks cancelled too. It's been showing level 1 and 2 except Hollywood Studios was consistently showing a few days as level 4 and one day was a level 5. They all dropped to level 1.

Got a touring plans update last night for our stay this weekend and next week. Crowd levels went down even more. Everything is either a 1 or a 2.

HS on 8/30 dropped from a 5 to a 1

Saw some pics posted on twitter last night showing an empty queue for Soarin.

Another indicator is that dining seems to have plenty of reservations open anytime we go to check for availability.

Not sure what's up, but I like what I am seeing.

Yes....for the 28-30, oddly enough Touring Plans is saying Saturday the 28th MK is a level 1 day, the 29th and 30th are level 2 days.

Woot! MK is the 28th for us, 29th Hollywood and maybe hop to AK, monday morning is unsure what we are doing since we go to legoland later that day, if crowds are still low we may do a park till 1 that day.

Pure Speculation, but I wonder if the rumors of August 16th of new AP's back a few months ago fueled some bookings and now that that didn't happened they are cancelling till AP's are back. It wouldn't account for all cancellations but maybe some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter