• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I agree-I am happy to hear the OP has mild symptoms thanks to the vaccine! Stay healthy everyone!

I wouldn't say they have stayed mild now a few days in- it has been a bit rough overall but I am thankful for the vaccine and the peace of mind that it should protect me from severe disease/hospitalization. So far the rest of my family is still well!

After being stopped every single time I entered a park and being told each and every time that I needed to remove my eyeglass case and camera (had already done that), I had enough. When re-entering Epcot at a very quiet time and being screened again, I had the security guard remove everything "suspect" from my Baggallini and left the items with him and my husband. I walked through the scanner again and yep--it went off.

We then removed everything from the bag--ding, ding, ding--went off again. No one has an answer why this bag (pictured in my avatar) continues to sound the alarm. They say that it is my chest area raising the machine hackles. The bag has a zipper in the crossover portion of the strap which would be in that area. There are also heavy metal rings that allow for adjustment. Security said no, that wouldn't cause it--no resolution for me unless I ditch my favorite park bag ever!

I have resigned myself to additional screening and listening to the same spiel each and every time--"it is your eyeglass case" or "it is your camera"--I gave up removing them because it makes no difference. :confused3

my bag also sets off the metal detector every time. I just deal with the extra screening too.

my bag also sets off the metal detector every time. I just deal with the extra screening too.
My mother in law set it off every single time. We laughed. I did take my enormous sunglass case out and I was fine after the first time.

Gran Destino Tower. I'll let PP answer for sure, but sounds like MK was their first park and didn't get there til after 1.
Correct. First park was MK. Checked in and essentially left after about an hour so. After 2PM went to HS.

In line for Tower right now. Crowds are light. Wait is about 15 minutes according to Touring Plan (who I find are more accurate than Disney)

Also wishing for a quick turnaround for @disneymom0104

I wouldn't say they have stayed mild now a few days in- it has been a bit rough overall but I am thankful for the vaccine and the peace of mind that it should protect me from severe disease/hospitalization. So far the rest of my family is still well!
I hope you feel better. My cousin and her family went a few weeks ago. I picked them up from the
airport. 2 days later she called she wasn't feeling well. She ended up testing positive. She had a
rough several days and on the mend. If it is any consolation at all no one else in her family fell ill
and all tested negative twice. Get some rest and be well.:)

I know that there are boats that run between WL/FW, GF, and Poly but I don’t remember there having been boats running between CR and MK...
There were definitely boats between MK and all the MK resorts pre-vid. I can't speak to when they stopped running boats to and from contemp and MK (or a boat that included contemp as a stop) or when they stopped running boats between contemp and the other MK resorts, but they are currently not running any boats from anywhere to or from contemp.

After the closure when the boats were brought back late July 2020 Contempary wasn't included. Not sure if then or shortly after the resort boat launches in front of MK were switched around, putting the Poly/GF/MK loop on the left.

FYI, CR did not have MK boat service pre-COVID. It DID have CR-WL-FW service (what is known as the “Blue Flag launch”) - that is the one boat route among the MK resorts that has yet to return since reopening.
That boat was a huge plus in owning CCV. Couldn’t be that complicated ($) to restart it.
Same with the SSR boats.
BRING BACK THE BOATS!!!!

That boat was a huge plus in owning CCV. Couldn’t be that complicated ($) to restart it.
Same with the SSR boats.
BRING BACK THE BOATS!!!!

The red flag boat from Wilderness Lodge to/from the Magic Kingdom IS currently running.

The blue flag boat is not, although I believe there is a boat to/from Ft. Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom.

There’s also the little boats between Poly and the MK and the GF and the MK. They used to be a combined, triangular route, but they’ve separated them into individual routes.

Saturday 8/21 Hollywood Studios
9:30 RnR 10 min wait
10:00 Rise (BG 2)
10:30 Frozen sing along
11am ToT 15 minute wait

Lunch 8/21
12:05pm Lunch reservation at Sanaa, bus arrived quickly at HS or we would have taken a ride share. Checked in 12:06pm, table ready at 12:15. Really delicious food here!!!

Saturday 8/21 Animal Kingdom
2:05 arrive to AK
2:15 & 2:30 bird shows
3:00 Everest (5 min wait)
3:30 ITTBAB
4pm dole whips at Tamu Tamu
4:15 FOP, essentially a walk on, only waited just before the first numbered room

Saturday 8/21 Hollywood Studios
9:30 RnR 10 min wait
10:00 Rise (BG 2)
10:30 Frozen sing along
11am ToT 15 minute wait

Lunch 8/21
12:05pm Lunch reservation at Sanaa, bus arrived quickly at HS or we would have taken a ride share. Checked in 12:06pm, table ready at 12:15. Really delicious food here!!!

Saturday 8/21 Animal Kingdom
2:05 arrive to AK
2:15 & 2:30 bird shows
3:00 Everest (5 min wait)
3:30 ITTBAB
4pm dole whips at Tamu Tamu
4:15 FOP, essentially a walk on, only waited just before the first numbered room

This sounds like a great day! Was Sanaa crowded or did it feel more spaced out?

Saturday 8/21. Checkout day
Magic kingdom 11-4pm
  • People mover 5 min
  • Saw Stitch and then buzz at Tomorrowland stage
  • Ariel 5 min
  • Small world 10min
  • Tiki room...walk on
  • 1pm lunch at jungle skipper canteen. I got the curry, DH the noodles, DD17 the kids crispy chicken, DD21 the kids steak
  • Pirates 10 min
  • Haunted Mansion 20 min to the actual ride listed 25 then rose to 35 while in line
  • Pooh 20min listed 25
  • Ariel 10 listed 15
Waited a long time for a boat to wilderness lodge... should have taken bus instead, but we still got to resort almost an hour before magical express pickup. Had a great driver, relatively low lines for Southwest luggage check in and security. Got to our terminal 2 hrs before our flight, so plenty of time for dinner...long lines in food court though!

Day 2:

10AM - HS
RotR group 55. Got on at around 1:00
Tower twice
Star Tours
RRC
Oga’s

3:00 - Hopped to Epcot
Early dinner at Teppan Edo
Did a loop around the world
Started pouring

6:00 - Hopped to AK
FoP
Snacks at Satu’li

8:00 - Bus to Hotel
Could be done for the night or venture out again. Not sure.

Quick report from MK today, arrived at 945 and did space, people mover, speedway, buzz before early lunch at 1115ish. From about noon to 530 we did carousel of progress, monsters inc, thunder, little mermaid, mine train, peter pan, philharmagic, small world with starbucks and snack breaks. Dinner at Liberty tree, then haunted mansion and pirates and HEA at the end. Most rides were 5-20 mins, the longest wait was 35 for peter pan and mine train (listed at 50 but was 35). We come yearly and this was a fabulous day-but HOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter