• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mask compliance was mostly good. There was an incident in space when a couple had their masks under their chins almost the entire queue, another when the duo in the clamshell next to us on ariel took theirs off and we asked them to put them back on, and while waiting in the inside queue area for philharmagic, a man was not wearing a mask at all even though his entire group had them on. We thought maybe he had a medical excuse but nope! He put it on when he got close to the cast member 🙄🤬

Can you clarify mask rules for rides that go indoors and outdoors- like Splash, Big Thunder, 7 Dwarves? Thanks!

Yeah, I know, I generally don't reference the AP discounts because I never know who has an AP. I HAD an AP discount for BWI....and Poly called my name so I switched and lost all that discount goodness. I know the 25% isn't much, but it is something
We’re booked under the 25% discount for now, paying $369 for a car suite. I looked at Priceline and after tax it was basically the same price. I don’t love paying that much to stay there but it’s fine

Can you clarify mask rules for rides that go indoors and outdoors- like Splash, Big Thunder, 7 Dwarves? Thanks!

i thought all rides require masks no matter where they are. Also all lines once you cross the threshold from the extended queue to the regular queue require masks no matter inside or outside. That’s my understanding. Once the cast member tells you to mask it stays on until you exit the ride and are outside the ride area.
Edit- just saw on another thread it changed recently so disregard what I said. Sorry

Last edited:
i thought all rides require masks no matter where they are. Also all lines once you cross the threshold from the extended queue to the regular queue require masks no matter inside or outside. That’s my understanding. Once the cast member tells you to mask it stays on until you exit the ride and are outside the ride area.

It just changed today, no masks in outdoor lines, rides and theaters.

I just saw a Twitter post saying guests were getting chastised for not wearing masks on Splash as it’s considered an inside ride. (Of course this is just heresay.)
Just read through it. Sad that the site felt like it was necessary to sit there and take pictures and then post it on the internet.

Also if you are allowed to ride the Jungle Cruise without the mask it should be the same with Splash.

thanks I saw this in another thread belatedly. I got hung up in the mondo Genie thread today (and only got half through) then I decided to look at other info. Glad I came up for air because I completely missed anything else. Now I get to be confused about when to mask and when it isn’t needed. Guess I will just keep it on when in doubt. Gonna stay away from that genie thread for awhile. It will prob have another 1000 comments with no new info before I peek again tomorrow lol

Would you mind telling me what vaccine you had and when? I’m nervous because my second Pfizer shot was almost 6 months ago.
Just wanted to let you know I was vaccinated with Pfizer 7 months ago and tested positive for covid last week. Our Disney trip is planned for next week so we will be in the clear. BUT, the vaccine worked!!! I only had mild cold symptoms. Worst was the headache for 4 days. I work in healthcare and appreciate what the vaccine has done for me. I am thankful.

thanks I saw this in another thread belatedly. I got hung up in the mondo Genie thread today (and only got half through) then I decided to look at other info. Glad I came up for air because I completely missed anything else. Now I get to be confused about when to mask and when it isn’t needed. Guess I will just keep it on when in doubt. Gonna stay away from that genie thread for awhile. It will prob have another 1000 comments with no new info before I peek again tomorrow lol

Yesterday I would read a page from the Genie thread and by the time I clicked 'next page'.. the thread would have 2 more pages 🤪😄

Yesterday I would read a page from the Genie thread and by the time I clicked 'next page'.. the thread would have 2 more pages 🤪😄

that is how I felt it was happening. I would have a break at work and skim them quickly and it was growing exponentially. Also I wasn’t learning anything new so I am just taking a break and reading one of my fave threads in Rumors - the one that has the dancing gifs lol. It is somewhat repetitive with genie too but not so unbearably long lol

Just wanted to chime in add to what everybody is saying that what is happening now at WDW is something I never dreamed I would see.

For example we walked onto Soarin' at 5:30 PM today,went straight to B1 and the 3rd row of B was empty,ALL of C was empty and half of A was empty on our Flight.

STUNNING JUST STUNNING!

May this continue into next week!!!

I know a bunch of people have already responded and we didn't do any of those three rides, however we did do Everest and FOP with the outdoor queues, and I will say that the lines both inside and out are TIGHT. They are most definitely filling in all available space so we felt much safer putting masks on immediately entering any line inside or out.

8/19 Magic kingdom Noon-8pm
  • Tiki room
  • Big thunder
  • County bears
  • Pecos Bill lunch ready within 5 min of ordering at 1:30pm
  • Hall of presidents
  • Small world
  • Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Ariel
  • Dumbo
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Buzz
  • 5:50 Dinner at Be our guest
  • Haunted Mansion
Longest wait for those was Hall of presidents at 20 min as we just missed a show...but got a bench to enjoy the ac while waiting so we stayed. Made shows our priority as we didn't do those at Boo bash Tuesday.

Just wanted to chime in add to what everybody is saying that what is happening now at WDW is something I never dreamed I would see.

For example we walked onto Soarin' at 5:30 PM today,went straight to B1 and the 3rd row of B was empty,ALL of C was empty and half of A was empty on our Flight.

STUNNING JUST STUNNING!

We had that happen last week. We sat in B3 and no one was in C3 and only two people in C2. We couldn’t believe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter