• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We were able to get everything done in all the parks, yet there were days we felt we accomplished less than we normally would. But the walk on experiences we had at AK, Epcot and HS were all great and I'm not sure those situations would have ever happened with FP+.

MK was by far the hardest park, which surprised me since it has the most rides. By our last day at MK, I wasn't even sad to leave. I just wanted to be out of there.

Thank you for your detailed trip report! We have 2 under 12 kids as well, and planning to go in 10 days, so watching closely. Also, I felt like that with MK after a few days, pre-pandemic, anyway. It's loud and crowded!

Did you feel like EP got more crowded after 2? We were planning mainly to hop to EP and didn't reserve any days there. But if MK is stressful, we may move some things around.

Also sorry to hear about the other folks who were not compliant w the CM instructions. That's just inconsiderate and selfish, especially when ride photos are concerned.

Did you feel like EP got more crowded after 2? We were planning mainly to hop to EP and didn't reserve any days there. But if MK is stressful, we may move some things around.

Epcot did fill in more after 2, but mostly in World Showcase. The F&W booths had some really long lines in the evenings. Future World was dead in the evenings both days we went.

I wonder how they will define outdoor atttactions, this makes me so happy for my 3 yo that was not gonna survive masks on all rides now can do some stuff much easier.

We arrive Sunday and this is good as long as the rules are clear for each thing! I'm a rule follower and I don't want to be guessing at each line what to do. I definitely think a little extra time w/o the mask will help my toddlers though. Also nervous about crowds swelling back up and Disney surprising us w/ some big announcement days ahead. We last went during a week of all crowd level 10s in Feb 2020 (didnt know mardi gras was such a thing) and I still felt prepared and ready to tackle the parks. Its so funny how out of my element and nervous I feel this time in comparison!

Does anyone have good advice on how happily ever after is going? We are taking our almost 2 year old for the first time this week.

I had friends there a week or so ago and no one in their Splash Mtn pictures were wearing masks. I’m sure this was impossible for Disney to enforce.

We arrive Sunday and this is good as long as the rules are clear for each thing! I'm a rule follower and I don't want to be guessing at each line what to do. I definitely think a little extra time w/o the mask will help my toddlers though. Also nervous about crowds swelling back up and Disney surprising us w/ some big announcement days ahead. We last went during a week of all crowd level 10s in Feb 2020 (didnt know mardi gras was such a thing) and I still felt prepared and ready to tackle the parks. Its so funny how out of my element and nervous I feel this time in comparison!

I wish they would make a clear delineation of THESE rides must have masks, these don't. Just a simple list for people to refer to.....

We rope dropped Epcot today and had a practically perfect day! :cheer2:

1025am Walked up to TT rope drop area. For some reason people were in a single file line? :confused: So we walked all the way up near the rope lol
1030 walked back to TT, 1034 in the building, 1038 building a car
1043 they announced they were experiencing a delay – shook by the amount of people who immediately sat on the ground 🤔
1047 moving again
1053 on the ride
11 back outside
1102 in line for mission space orange - posted 10 mins – literally walked all the way into the preshow
1112 on MS
1120 off the ride
1135 entered the soarin queue – posted 10 mins – literally walked all the way into terminal C but just missed boarding so we had to wait, then there was an issue with some non-English speaking guests and a couple snarky cast members 😬
1150 on the ride
1158 off
1201 water break in the land
1212 entered living with the land queue – posted 5 – walked straight into a row
1231 off
1235 in line for Nemo – posted 10 – walked straight into a clamshell
1246 off Nemo
We spent some time looking at fish and got to see Mickey diving! That was really something! o_O
We then did some F&W and our favorites were the Alps’ Blueberry and Frangipane Tart, America’s Mushroom Tart, and Ireland’s Sausage and Potatoes. Highly recommend!

Every ride save TT and FEA were straight up walk ons pretty much all day. We’ve only ever seen these kinds of crowds and waits a couple times before! (Think right after 9/11). It was wild! We’re praying that these wait times transfer over into MK and HS later this week. 🙏
Oh sounds great!

Does anyone have good advice on how happily ever after is going? We are taking our almost 2 year old for the first time this week.
I followed what others have posted here ... the garden area by Casey's Corner is available. We went there last week about an hour early and there were loads of spots. Lots of strollers & blankets/towels/ponchos with people lounging. Lots of items holding spots too. 10 minutes before fireworks started, they made everyone stand up. Then a whole bunch of people rushed in. However it was much much less crowded than anywhere else. We tried the hub earlier on our trip & just left the park because it was crazy crowded.

Tuesday 8/17
3:15pm landed MCO
4:00 got in line for DME
(Got room # text while in line YC 4163, great room! - requested 4063 or similar with 3 sleeping surfaces through TP)
5:15 Arrive at the Yacht Club (at the exact same time as our grocery delivery…)
6:30 on bus to Disney Springs
6:50 walk into T-Rex, seated immediately (with 7pm reservation). Walked around Disney Springs just a little bit, then back to resort around 10pm.

Wednesday 8/18 Hollywood Studios
6:45am got up, RotR BG 6, yay!!
8:10am on a boat
8:30 RnR (walk on)
8:45 ToT (15 min wait)
9:00 RnR (5)
9:10 Rise of the Resistance (10)
10:00 Star Tours (5)
10:30 Vacation Fun (5)
11:00 Oga's
12:00 Droids (super hot & feeling pretty crowded at this point, so...)
1:00pm skyliner + boat (took a long time but we wanted to try the skyliner and then our feet hurt so we hopped on the boat from Epcot)
2:00pm back at Yacht Club

(ETA: I will post the rest of my day in a new post)

Last edited:
I had friends there a week or so ago and no one in their Splash Mtn pictures were wearing masks. I’m sure this was impossible for Disney to enforce.

We rode splash mountain this past Friday and were in the back. Right after we were past the cast members the other people in the log took off their masks and then just put them on again at the end of the ride right when we were back to the cast members. 😡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter