This is what we did. My husband had the world clock pulled up on his phone and he started counting down for me when there was 10 seconds left before 7:00am. We must have done something right - we got boarding group 19.
Okay thanks! We will have to practice

Just tried this my Disney Experience app loads slow. So at 10 seconds you start hitting join?
No. I already have the MyDisneyExperience app loaded and ready to go with the AT AT picture visible on my screen (see post 1).

At 6:59 or 12:59 I go back from the MDE app to the home screen of my phone.

I watch the second hand and when it hits about 10 seconds before the hour I start tapping my foot to the seconds and go back to the MDE app.

I then watch the clock at the top of my screen and as soon as it flips to either 7AM or 1PM I click Join then. If I click even a second early (on my phone) I will be too early and most likely lock myself out of a BG.

I think it's best for you to check out the Boarding Groups: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoiler* thread. Post 1 will explain things again. That entire thread is dedicated to people obtaining BGs for the ride.

Rise of the resistance boarding groups using time.gov
Starting at 7:00, we got group 63
Starting at 6:59.58 we got group 8
Starting at 6:59.57 too early
Starting at 6:59.59 group 34

used my data, not resort WiFi. Found a spot with strong signal outside

We did 3 days in HS well. We were off property in Orlando and had 4 of us trying every morning. We had checked the times on our phones prior, which were accurate. Waited for the clock to turn to 7am every time. 2 of us stayed on wifi, 2 of us didn’t.
Day 1 we got group 25- no wifi
Day 2 we got group 32- wifi
Day 3 we got group 39- wifi

Overall I didn’t think it was hard at all to get a group, just a little nerve wracking at 6:59am!

WOW! For the first time ever, Rise of the Resistance was accepting stand-by guests at the end of the day. Not sure if/when that will happen again but wow! Game changer!!! Something to keep an eye out for for guests that are in the parks now.

Sorry, new to this BG thing, this year will be our first try..does this mean that if you tried at the 1 pm time slot you would have gotten on for sure, as there was still availability for some time in the day?

No. I already have the MyDisneyExperience app loaded and ready to go with the AT AT picture visible on my screen (see post 1).

At 6:59 or 12:59 I go back from the MDE app to the home screen of my phone.

I watch the second hand and when it hits about 10 seconds before the hour I start tapping my foot to the seconds and go back to the MDE app.

I then watch the clock at the top of my screen and as soon as it flips to either 7AM or 1PM I click Join then. If I click even a second early (on my phone) I will be too early and most likely lock myself out of a BG.

I think it's best for you to check out the Boarding Groups: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoiler* thread. Post 1 will explain things again. That entire thread is dedicated to people obtaining BGs for the ride.
Okay thank you! This has me nervous lol I can see me clicking to early or to late.

I started refreshing every 20 seconds starting at 6:45 AM on both days we had reservations for HS. We received boarding group 7 first day and group 12 the second day. Only used one phone. Very easy.

Sorry, new to this BG thing, this year will be our first try..does this mean that if you tried at the 1 pm time slot you would have gotten on for sure, as there was still availability for some time in the day?
Yes today but, this is the first time this has ever happened since the ride opened in January 2020. Until today the only people who could ride were guests who got a boarding group at 7AM or 1PM and these BGs normally fill within seconds.

Yes today but, this is the first time this has ever happened since the ride opened in January 2020. Until today the only people who could ride were guests who got a boarding group at 7AM or 1PM and these BGs normally fill within seconds.
It was also reported that hoppers were allowed to get boarding groups after 2:00 (after they tapped into DHS).

In regards to ROTR…wow. Just wow. We tried on three different times back in July and never got in even with knowing how it worked etc. Congratulations to everyone that it worked out for today!

Has anyone been to SciFi diner lately? I have a reservation for next week but I’m thinking of cancelling because I’m going solo and I am assuming they are putting more than 1 party in a car. Back in May they were doing the 1 party per car, so does anyone know if it’s still that way? It might be too close for comfort for me. Thanks!

It was one party per car a couple weeks ago. They also had plexiglass between the cars that are right next to each other.

Has anyone been to SciFi diner lately? I have a reservation for next week but I’m thinking of cancelling because I’m going solo and I am assuming they are putting more than 1 party in a car. Back in May they were doing the 1 party per car, so does anyone know if it’s still that way? It might be too close for comfort for me. Thanks!
They weren’t in July. It was one party per car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter