• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone clarify, when would you get a fastpass right now, is it if youre in line for something and the ride breaks down? Or are there other stipulations, like if it breaks down for over x amount of time? Also, is the pass then specifically for that ride that day? Thx!
We got a FP when we had to be evacuated off the People Mover. The ride must have stopped at least 6 times and eventually they couldn’t get it running again. It turned into a 45 minute experience. We did not get a FP after we had gone through most of the Splash line, just around the corner from loading area and the ride broke down. It’s annoying that the policy is so inconsistent because as we were waiting to be evacuated from PM, we could see them giving FPs to those in that line which was a far shorter one than the Splash one we had gone through without a recovery pass. It was a MK anytime pass good for every ride except SDMT until the next day.

Can someone clarify, when would you get a fastpass right now, is it if youre in line for something and the ride breaks down? Or are there other stipulations, like if it breaks down for over x amount of time? Also, is the pass then specifically for that ride that day? Thx!

we have never once been given a recovery fast pass for any reason. We have had lots of situations where people get them as reported on here but not once have been given one.

We got one when we were evacuated from Spaceship Earth. But it was only good for that day, it was already late afternoon, and it excluded Soarin', Frozen, and TT. Since everything else had very short lines anyway it wasn't much use.

We got a recovery fast pass on Saturday morning at AK. We were in line for the Safari and waited and waited. I guess an animal was on the road and would not move. The thing that bothered me was that they didn’t announce they were giving recovery fast passes. We were almost at the loading area and went out a side exit. No one said a word about fast passes. We walked past the entrance to the ride, and the people in the back of the line were exiting and getting fast passes. I walked over to the one CM and explained we were almost ready to load and that we didn’t get one. She happily gave us one, but there were tons of people near us in line that didn’t get one, and I just don’t think that’s right.

The fast pass had to be used that day and only on select rides.

Pretty much as above. Also note that there are many other reasons that someone may be using the FP line, even without having a FP.
Occasionally a Cast Member may "Pixie Dust" a Guest with access to the FP line for no reason other than that.:)

It happened to us at Soarin' last trip.

First time we had been in a FP line in a LONG time-talk about getting some SERIOUS stares!lol:)

We got a recovery FP when we were evacuated from Winnie the Pooh. Also, a CM at guest services surprised us with 3 FPs to use at the park we were going to the next day. Since we only used one, a CM at a Guest Experience blue umbrella moved them to our next park day.

we have never once been given a recovery fast pass for any reason. We have had lots of situations where people get them as reported on here but not once have been given one.
Sometimes you just need to ask. We were at rope drop a few years ago and when TSM was new and there was an issue with my wife’s magic band not scanning at the tapstile even though we had used it all week. They tried to resolve it at the gate but ultimately sent us to guest services and after 15 minutes they were able to resolve the issue. Needless to say our chance to walk on TSM had passed. So I explained that we had waited for almost an hour at the gate and missed our chance for a low wait on the ride. I knew from someone else’s experience that they could add fast passes to your account so I politely asked and they happily added multiple passes to our account.

We did Blizzard Beach today and paid up for the umbrella seating area. Crowds were pretty manageable and we had low wait times for most stuff. There was some thunder with no rain that cleared out most of the park mid afternoon. We waited it out while eating lunch and felt like we had the park to ourself the last hour and a half. Kids had a great time. There was plenty of seating so I’m not sure if we would pay extra next time for the umbrella section but it was very quiet in that area. One downside was that the lodge restaurant had no gas for the kitchen today so they couldn’t cook most of the stuff on the menu. It was slim pickings there but not a big deal. Great day all things considered.

AK today 714 tapstiles opened. Started moving off bridge about 732. My kids were at the rope. Pushed back about 10 groups upon moving, but CM let dh and I on line with them when we waved at them walking by So we were in one of the first rooms. Preshow 744. Off and leaving pandora by 804. 3x Everest walk on. Walk on safari. off at 918. Checked out gorillas. Walk on dinosaur 2x. done at 956. Checked out otters. Walk in LK at 1012. Plenty of seating available at 1025. So the longest wait so far was bus At AOA
So far, we don’t find it an crowded than previous August visits
Also, no one misses fast pass.

and we love mobile order

We love mobile order as well, except when it doesn't work, which seems to be happening more often now. DD had a huge wait after her meal was signaled as being prepared - it was a kid's meal mac and cheese. She was told there were 15 orders ahead o hers, so why did they tag it as being prepared?

Also, we miss fast pass a lot.

My observations about COVID policies since we arrived Sat 8/7

90% of the people are compliant. I’ve seen very few intentionally non compliant people.
It’s just that people forget. I have walked into buildings without my mask. With the number of people here, This situation happens frequently.
There is no standard …. You just have to look at what other people are doing. Sometimes they want the masks on in outside lines, sometimes they don’t.
We are all vaccinated. No way would I consider bringing an unvaccinated person. I’m too cautious to assume that kind of risk. There is no way to be careful. You can control your own mask wearing but you will not be able to avoid close contact with non mask wearers.

Posted signs say masks indoors, and in queues. Not sure why you think there is no standard? I've also seen many purposely noncompliant people - ones who put the mask on when the CM tells them to, but pull it down as soon as they get past.

We went to Boo Bash last night….and I’ll be honest it wasn’t what I’d hoped for. We’ve been to other After Hours events, and this felt 10x more crowded. Wait times were low, which was good, but there were people everywhere, so it didn’t have that special ‘you’re in the park after closing’ feel. There we’re still crowds of people in most places. I have memories of our last After Hours (in May 2019, which was sold out) and feeling like we had the place to ourselves once it hit the last hour of the event.

Also, it was beyond crowded on Main St when we arrived….getting back to Adventure Land was a struggle with the crowds waiting for the fireworks. This was maybe at 8:15? It was as crowded as I’ve ever seen it, and we had to fight through the crowds.
This exactly

Walked to Epcot from the YC today around 11 am. We practically had WS to ourselves, how nice was that :goodvibes The weather was nice but hot of course. Rode SE, took about five minutes to board, Soarin was also about five minutes. The Land was a walk-on, Figment took maybe 10 minutes and the ride at Mexico was probably 5 minutes, didn't do TT. All in all, everything was pretty quick today. Last night, we went to the French bakery and were in line close to a half hour, That place is packed at night, and I think they were short staffed. Maybe it was a sign that we didn't need all that food :rolleyes1 Today, we tried the Impossible Slider at Earth Eats, it was wonderful. We are not vegan, but that had so much flavor and a little bite to it. Also, I recommend the apple cinnamon chai ice tea there ::yes:: Okay, that part belongs on the food forum, but it was part of our Epcot experience. We found all the hidden Remy's and got our prizes. China and Japan hid theirs quite well and I appreciated the extra challenge. Tomorrow is our last day here :worried: and it'd the MK. We will do SDMT, which we missed the other day. Probably our last ride down Splash forever. That's bittersweet, as we love the ride but are also looking forward to the Princess and the Frog theme :) Not sure if we are going to Epcot after the Mk tomorrow night. Enjoyed Epcot as usual, it's never quite as hectic as the other parks. AK, however, was really nice and relaxing this trip :wizard:

We did Blizzard Beach today and paid up for the umbrella seating area. Crowds were pretty manageable and we had low wait times for most stuff. There was some thunder with no rain that cleared out most of the park mid afternoon. We waited it out while eating lunch and felt like we had the park to ourself the last hour and a half. Kids had a great time. There was plenty of seating so I’m not sure if we would pay extra next time for the umbrella section but it was very quiet in that area. One downside was that the lodge restaurant had no gas for the kitchen today so they couldn’t cook most of the stuff on the menu. It was slim pickings there but not a big deal. Great day all things considered.
How much was the rental, if you don’t mind my asking? And how many chairs come with it?

Quick Wednesday report:

DHS with ROTR boarding group in the 60s. Rope-dropped RRC for a practical walk-on, so did it again. Then MMRR for about a 35 minute wait. Followed by Star Tours (15 mins), then single rider on Smuggler's Run. Excellent lunch at ABC Commissary. All the food service CMs have been great on this trip. Then Muppets (walk on) and a 30 minute wait to get called. ROTR was fantastic. Back to hotel to hit the pool.

Late afternoon: Epcot. Mission Space Orange, walk-on, then Test Track (single rider line, 5 minutes). Walk to Beach Club for huge ice cream at Beaches and Cream, then Journey into Imagination, Land Boat ride, and back to hotel.

Late evening: drive to WL for a chicken and waffles dinner at Roaring Fork. No issues entering the resort and parking there for an hour.

Masks: compliance is not great but I don't rely on someone wearing a mask to save me. I view a mask on someone else as reducing my chance of reinfection by about 10 percent.

There were plenty of egregious examples of mask cheating but here are two: 1) two dudes with masks off, vaping on the ToT line. It was outdoors but still a confined area. CM scolded them but they went right back to it as soon as the CM was gone. I saw several other people vaping in outdoor lines on the trip. 2) A huge dude scarfing down a bucket of popcorn on the indoor part of the Space Mountain line.

There were plenty of egregious examples of mask cheating but here are two: 1) two dudes with masks off, vaping on the ToT line. It was outdoors but still a confined area. CM scolded them but they went right back to it as soon as the CM was gone. I saw several other people vaping in outdoor lines on the trip. 2) A huge dude scarfing down a bucket of popcorn on the indoor part of the Space Mountain line.

I was at AK on Saturday and rode Expedition Everest. The guy directly in front of me was vaping ON THE RIDE--large puffs went directly into my face and my son's.

Harmonius testing around 1215 am... security guy whereled up the Boardwalk and stopped and said "wasn't that beautiful. They do it 2x a week now ". He then told me he was en route to a couple noise complaints...lol. go figure. Basically ran out in my boxers to witness it while someone else called in a complaint.

On the friendship boat back from DHS to Boardwalk the captain was demanding full mask compliance and calling out people individually who didn't heed the warnings. Marked difference from earlier in the trip where I saw many noses and occasional chins.
When leaving I inquired and was told there is a lot of "feedback" on enforcement of these rules, in particular within transportation.
The lines continue to be the wild west for the most part however. Even had one dad tell his teenage son to pull his mask down in the Everest queue.

Just arrived at WDW yesterday and am here for a week, and so excited to share all I see and experience for you all! So far, I have continued to be blown away by how helpful and fun cast members have been. I’ve encountered at least 10-12 and they’ve all just been so constantly wonderful, even bumping us to an INCREDIBLE view at the yacht club because they saw it was our anniversary! Will start rope dropping later this week and sharing my experience :)

On the friendship boat back from DHS to Boardwalk the captain was demanding full mask compliance and calling out people individually who didn't heed the warnings. Marked difference from earlier in the trip where I saw many noses and occasional chins.
When leaving I inquired and was told there is a lot of "feedback" on enforcement of these rules, in particular within transportation.
The lines continue to be the wild west for the most part however. Even had one dad tell his teenage son to pull his mask down in the Everest queue.
I am so jealous. On our one friendship boat experience, mask compliance was terrible. A dad and a group of older teens had them around their necks and were yelling to each other (they were scattered throughout the crowded boat. Some sitting and some standing). Parents with a younger kid were literally begging them to pull them up. A couple were wearing gaiters as masks, too.

we had better luck on Safari. The driver was great and she stopped and called people out.

overall, I think mask compliance in lines has been pretty poor - especially on rides like EE that are part outside. Lord of noses and lots of take on/take off as they pass CMs.

Posted signs say masks indoors, and in queues. Not sure why you think there is no standard?

Yes, signs are posted, but enforcement is inconsistent. When we were at Fort Wilderness, they didn’t even mention you had to wear a mask and we were some of the few who did - most did not. We moved to the BC during our stay and they were very firm in letting everyone know they had to wear masks on the friendship boats .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter