• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

None of us! He just got back from the Dr and it's a viral infection. They tested for strep, but went no further since the treatment is the same regardless. No since in making him go through having something else stuck up his nose! He's on steroids to try and calm down the coughing and inflammation. I feel for his mom- steroids can make you a little rough to put up with. lol We are very lucky it wasn't anything more serious than that, but still surprised he caught anything considering all the precautions we took.
Glad to hear that you're all ok. Hope he's on the mend soon. We're in NJ & got tested last week b/c of cold symptoms just to be cautious. All negative. Doctor said that he's seeing a lot of RSV and other viruses lately. We're all vaxxed except for my 10 year old so we try to be extra careful for her. But it's still scary since delta symptoms seem to be mimicking cold symptoms.

Back at the resort for a break. Did Animal Kingdom this morning and it was a great morning. Got in line for the bus about 6:20 (first in the bus line but others quicky appeared) and was on a bus about 6:46. Pulled up to Animal Kingdom at 7:02. 4th row at the tapstyles. We were let in the park at 7:15. They only held us at the bridge to Pandora for about 5 minutes then walked us to the start of the line closer to the bridge to Africa to organize us and then let the line into the actual queue. I was off Flight of Passage by 8:02. Stopped for photopasss pictures, then walked on Navi River and Safaris. I'm solo so I spent some time at the gorilla falls trail and had second breakfast before hitting Everest. I hit Everest shortly before 10 and rode twice solo rider, waiting about 5 minutes each time. I think the main line was posted to be about a 25 minute wait. Watched several (all?) floating cavalcades, snacked (pineapple upside down cake milkshake at Restaurantasaurus is amazing!) and browsed the stores before coming back to the resort for a break before Epcot for more F&W later.

I loved the floating cavalcades! Cast members were all awesome and park was super clean. Mask compliance was pretty darn good. I did hear/see issues with it in the outdoor (but official) part of the Everest queue.

Great morning!

Today was our first HS day. We did not get a BG at 7am. We headed to the skyliner (pop)at 7:15 and we're the fifth group. We were 2nd at the entrance. Our plan today was MFSR. We were passed by many on the way as my son has issues walking, but still made good time. Was off by 9:10. Then the kids wanted to do TSMM. That was about a 10 min line. Then Star Tours, another quick line. When I pulled up the Lines app, no one wanted to wait in the lines at the listed waits. So we hit Starbucks and headed out at 10am. We knew going in it was going to be tough with the waits, and no one complained. Chilled in the room and lunched. Did get a BG 130 at 1pm. Some pool time before we head to Ale and Compass for dinner and then back to HS.

Today was our first HS day. We did not get a BG at 7am. We headed to the skyliner (pop)at 7:15 and we're the fifth group. We were 2nd at the entrance. Our plan today was MFSR. We were passed by many on the way as my son has issues walking, but still made good time. Was off by 9:10. Then the kids wanted to do TSMM. That was about a 10 min line. Then Star Tours, another quick line. When I pulled up the Lines app, no one wanted to wait in the lines at the listed waits. So we hit Starbucks and headed out at 10am. We knew going in it was going to be tough with the waits, and no one complained. Chilled in the room and lunched. Did get a BG 130 at 1pm. Some pool time before we head to Ale and Compass for dinner and then back to HS.

what time did they say that you should return for BG 130? And you scored that in your room or resort right?

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but the 'refresh' method is not generally considered the best method for securing a BG. I would encourage you to read post 1 of the BG thread which describes the 'join' method - which is what the vast majority of people on the boards use and are successful almost all of the time.

My (adult) son and I both tried for boarding groups on Thursday morning. He joined a couple of minutes before 7:00 and kept refreshing and didn't get a spot. I waited until exactly 7:00 and hit join and got boarding group 13.

Last edited:

After reading about how crazy the crowds are in Disney & Universal at the moment, I just wondered if anyone that is fully vaccinated has tested positive when on vacation or once home?

We're both fully vaccinated apart from our 2 small children and are planning on going at the end of October.

If things are still bad then we will cancel our trip as there's no way I would put them at risk and if one of us tests positive we won't be able to fly home as it's a U.K. requirement to hold a negative covid test before boarding the flight home.
Yes we did. And the “to go or not to go” thread has many other reports of the same.

Got to WDW around 3 today, was at EPCOT by 4, did everything but Test Track and FEA, (and M/S, because we never do that, LOL!) ate some Food and Wine treats for dinner, walked the entire World Showcase, and hopped on the Skyliner at 8:30 or so.

For those staying at one of the Skyliner resorts, is it still necessary to line up 1 to 1 1/2 hours prior to the Skyliner opening?

Arrived yesterday. Today was our first park day. Left Boardwalk at 10:20 for Epcot. People were being held by the Canada stage. At 10:35, they let people start walking. Everyone actually walked (no running). Most people turned left for Soarin & Test Track. We headed to Frozen (walking) and were entering the ride at 10:41. Off of Frozen & taking a picture by the big troll at 10:53. Walked to Mexico & was held outside until exactly 11am. Was in the first 3 Caballeros boat at 11:03, off the ride at 11:11. Browsed the Mexico stores. That's it for our "rope drop."

Two of my kids bought coffee & we decided to eat at the Mexico quick serve. At 11:40, we were the only people eating inside. Nobody came inside while we were eating.
Browsed the China shops, saw the Shanghai Disney exhibit, saw the China movie at 12:30. Had a snack in Germany (had our pick of seats). Browsed Germany & Italy shops. Saw the 2:15 Voices of Liberty show (sad that it was only 9 minutes in duration).
Bought food in the France quick serve and ate inside Marrakesh restaurant (about 3:30 now. Went to the 4:15 Beauty & the Beast singalong. France shops. Walked to Soarin. Entered at 5pm (walk-on). Then on Figment (walk-on) by 5:30. Had Visa card member photo taken, went to DVC Epcot lounge (closed at 6pm) saw Pixar Shorts. Back on Soarin at 6:35 (walk-on). 6:55 Living With the Land (walk-on). Raining now. 7:15 Spaceship Earth (walk-on). Shopped in Mouse Gear. Saw a rainbow. 7:55 on Mission Space (walk-on). Still raining. Bought counter food and ate at Appleseed (Canada movie theater). Stayed there a long time. Watched the 10pm fireworks show. Loads if empty spots right up to 10pm.
Overall impression: crowds were way, way lower than past August trips (for one Sunday in Epcot). We have traveled this time of year at least 5 times and the crowds today were much lower than in prior years. We did everything we wanted to do with much less wait times than prior years.
We stopped / shopped in every country. Had beers in 8 of 11 countries. Fireworks are a out to start. Great day! 👍🏻

Went to AK today and I believe it was the least crowded I've seen it. Safari was about 15 to board, KRR around 20 minutes, FOP was 70 minutes, and Dinosaur was probably a 5 minute wait. Don't get me wrong, it was still a busy park, but I've seen it much worse. We ate at Flame Tree BBQ which was tasty as always. We saw one of our favorite vloggers and somehow ended up in the background of the video 😆 My DBF was watching at home and sent a screen shot of us :scared1: Later in the evening we went to Epcot. Staying at the YC, F&W is pretty convenient to us. Ate the shrimp at Australia and some corned beef and potato chip dish at Flavors of Fire. We also tried the S'mores whoopie pie and I was kinda disappointed in it :confused3 It was still good but it wasn't all that. We waited for Frozen for probably 45 minutes and endured a downpour waiting to get in. Soarin was a 5 minute wait and we hopped right on Living with the Land. All in all a good first day. Tomorrow we attempt to get a boarding pass for ROTR :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add--mask compliance in queues could've been better. A lot of people did the mask under the nose thing after they got past cast members. The whole row behind us on the safari took their masks off, including one woman who thought it would work just fine hanging from her wrist :sad2: CM's were good about telling people to mask up upon entering shops, but the queues can be tricky once people get past CM :tiptoe:

Haven't seen it talked about so just wanted to say that we saw Snow White in Germany/Epcot today (as well as Elsa in Norway).

Test Track was down but everything else except Frozen was a walk on (and we rode everything). And the park was clean.
We saw Scrooge McDuck of all things at AK. Also, Chip and Dale and Pocahontas. All were on boats at AK and it was a rare treat. I guess without the meet n greets, the characters are roaming more like in the old days :wizard:

We're here now and honestly things have been much better than expected. We rope dropped AK today, getting to bus stop around 625. Bus came around 650 and we passed all the waiting cars to get into the AK lot a little before 7. We were first at tap styles and I'd say around the first 50 ppl. or so on FOP (they did not hlld us at the bridge very long, but it was a packed sweaty mess for the duration. We walked onto Navi after Fop and got off Navi at 802. Walked on Everest 2x, then under 5 min wait for Safari, did 930 Lion King show and under 5 mins for Dinosaur and Bugs Life. We then tried Harambas market for lunch... kinda meh for us, but then we went back to rest and got to MK around 515...just in time for the rain lol. Did ppl mover with about a 10 min. wait...at that time Space was down, but we kept an eye on it and it came back up about 5 mins after we got off ppl moved so we walked onto Space, then a pretty big downpour so we hung in the gift shop for a bit then walked on Philharmagic, Small World (although did get stuck on their for about 10 mins...no movement?) We ate at Pecos Bills, ghen grabbed a spot for HEA. We then walked onto Thunder and Pirates.

Masks have been decent...we had an entire family at Everest today that didn't wear them at all walking through the que.

Buses... have been pretty good, however if you have someone with you that uses a scooter be warned; I'd say at least half the buses we've seen come to/from our resort are charter type which does not accommodate scooters...kinda frustrating honestly, but so far that's been our only issue.

Will be trying for boarding pass tomorrow and hoping for good rope drop luck again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter