I'm going to assume that you know that your granddaughters like or at least don't mind insects.

But just in case you don't know how they feel about insects, I'd like to mention that this experience is not for anyone who dislikes, is afraid of, or is horrified/disgusted by insects. Yes, they're animated, and they're supposed to be cute . . . but . . . I didn't find it cute at all and there are sensations as well. Sensations I was not amused by. I was hardly alone in my reaction to ITtBaB.

If you're not sitting right near the exit, it's impossible to leave the theater. Ask me how I know.
Yeah I have never done it was DS (3) b/c of the darkness & ppl yelling & screaming. He doesn’t mind bugs, but parts of the show can be intense.

Thanks. I'm guessing my 4 and 2 yo granddaughters will love it!!
I don’t know your granddaughters but there’s a good chance they’ll hate it and be terrified. They have warnings about how it frightens small children and when we saw it in May soooo many kids were crying and screaming. The one behind me had parents who made him sit through the whole thing, screaming in terror the entire time and ruining it for everyone. His therapy will cost more than any Disney trip.
So if it were me I’d skip it but if you try it be prepared to leave if they get upset! Good luck!

Anyone know if MK will have regular fireworks the nights of boo bash before mk officially closes to regular guests?

I am beginning to reconsider taking them now. I shall have a conversation with mom and dad to make sure I don't scar them for life and cause Grandpa trust issues. Maybe the Safari twice is a better option. LOL! They both love the zoos they've been to.
Ride Rafiki’s train to the affection station and pet some animals. I love the bug show but the concerns here are valid. It’s meant to get you a bit worked up.

My almost 18 yr old is still mad at me for taking her to ITTBAB when she was 5. She didn’t cry or scream during it but was silently terrified. She loves it now because it is just a tad bit scary still but every single trip she tells me she can’t believe I took her in to see it lol.

Hello! Can anyone currently there give some input on the busses, please? Are they packing people on like sardines? This is the first time we are seriously considering driving and parking at all the parks to avoid being in super confined spaces with loads of other people for extended periods of time.

Are people wearing their masks properly? Thank you for any observations you are willing to share! We arrive in a week.

Hello! Can anyone currently there give some input on the busses, please? Are they packing people on like sardines? This is the first time we are seriously considering driving and parking at all the parks to avoid being in super confined spaces with loads of other people for extended periods of time.

Are people wearing their masks properly? Thank you for any observations you are willing to share! We arrive in a week.
I've been to disney 3 times since this all began, and not once have people been wearing their masks properly--there's always been a lot of noses out, etc., but at least in the buses, they were keeping the ceiling hatch open for ventilation (not sure if they are still doing that), so it wasn't exactly an enclosed space. Better than most ride queues.

Good Morning! Can anyone who’s been lately tell me what time they are letting people in to the parking lot at HS? Are they still holding cars at the entrance? We are going tomorrow and it’s a 9:00am open. Tia!

On our trip last week, they were packing them in as tight as possible, masking was inconsistent. Most drivers were telling guests to mask, but not a single driver did anything about those who pulled their masks down or weren’t wearing them correctly. We used busses most of the time and didn’t experience one ride where everyone was complying. Most complied, but it only takes 1.

Yep, they are packing people on busses. I think mask compliance on busses is good. Other places, not so much!

ETA - They are packing people in everywhere. There is zero social distancing. I hear fill in all available spaces several times a day.

we are staying at the BLT. There were fireworks set off about 11:30.
We’re at BLT too and were all sound asleep and they woke me up! I’m glad they didn’t wake my 2 year old! I thought that was really odd.

Yep, they are packing people on busses. I think mask compliance on busses is good. Other places, not so much!

ETA - They are packing people in everywhere. There is zero social distancing. I hear fill in all available spaces several times a day.

Right, social distancing at the parks stopped about a month ago. I was there the day after all the tape was removed and plexiglass was being taken down.

Here at magical kingdom now. They are packing people in. But the rides are just the same. If you'd want distancing of any kind yourd need to avoid about every queue and ride too honestly!

We’re at BLT too and were all sound asleep and they woke me up! I’m glad they didn’t wake my 2 year old! I thought that was really odd.
Once the fireworks are loaded for the show each day, they have to be shot off. I don't know the exact details of the timing, but from what I've heard they can't just hold them until the next day.

It's why it is incredibly rare for the MK fireworks show to get cancelled, usually they can just delay them long enough. But with the parks closing a little earlier now, they couldn't delay it past park closing.

Reactions: Joy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter