• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

As long as you arrive via Disney transportation (bus or monorail) or on foot from TTC or MK, you're fine. You just can't park there.
You can’t go to Poly via monorail currently as the main building including the monorail station is under construction now. The resort monorail passes right on by all the scaffolding.

You can’t go to Poly via monorail currently as the main building including the monorail station is under construction now. The resort monorail passes right on by all the scaffolding.
You can take the monorail from Magic Kingdom . You simply get on the monorail at MK and get off at the TTC and walk over to the Poly from there. We were just there for three nights a few days ago. Did it a number of times.

Dan

You can take the monorail from Magic Kingdom . You simply get on the monorail at MK and get off at the TTC and walk over to the Poly from there. We were just there for three nights a few days ago. Did it a number of times.

Dan
Of course that is always an option, but I was just clarifying that you can’t go directly by monorail during Poly refurb.

Here now and yes, it’s crowded and hot. Despite this, we have had a good trip. The CMs seem to be trying to make the best of the situation so I have made an effort to be flexible too. Honestly, I’m just so happy to be back that it would take something major to upset me.

Oh, and we haven’t seen any mask meltdowns.

Well some bad news on our end. We just got back from Disney on 8/4. My son started getting a stuffy nose the last night we were there, 8/3. He started feeling bad on the drive back from Florida to Virginia on 8/4. We were able to get him in for a rapid covid test today and they said he was very positive. All 4 of us have been vaccinated. He has to quarantine until 8/13 and they recommended the rest of us get tested as well. He is the only one with symptoms. He is 20 and has had a runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, fever off and on, sore back (although that may have been from sitting in the car on the way home) and a dry cough that has seemed to have subsided for the most part. He also had some sneezing. The rest of us have felt fine. We shared water bottles at the park. I did have a bit of a sore throat before we got to Disney at the end of July so I have no idea if Disney is where he picked it up or if I had it earlier and was asymptomatic. I'll report back once I know if the rest of us are positive or not although I assume we will be.

We went to AK this evening. We ended up getting there at about 4:30 and rode Everest, ate at Satu’li Canteen, and rode Navi all before 6:15. We decided to get in line for FoP at 6:23. We were in the pre-show at 7:12. So glad we did Pandora tonight instead of getting up early tomorrow morning to ride FoP.

Well some bad news on our end. We just got back from Disney on 8/4. My son started getting a stuffy nose the last night we were there, 8/3. He started feeling bad on the drive back from Florida to Virginia on 8/4. We were able to get him in for a rapid covid test today and they said he was very positive. All 4 of us have been vaccinated. He has to quarantine until 8/13 and they recommended the rest of us get tested as well. He is the only one with symptoms. He is 20 and has had a runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, fever off and on, sore back (although that may have been from sitting in the car on the way home) and a dry cough that has seemed to have subsided for the most part. He also had some sneezing. The rest of us have felt fine. We shared water bottles at the park. I did have a bit of a sore throat before we got to Disney at the end of July so I have no idea if Disney is where he picked it up or if I had it earlier and was asymptomatic. I'll report back once I know if the rest of us are positive or not although I assume we will be.

I’m so sorry to hear this! I hope your son is feeling better soon and everyone else stays healthy.

We went to AK this evening. We ended up getting there at about 4:30 and rode Everest, ate at Satu’li Canteen, and rode Navi all before 6:15. We decided to get in line for FoP at 6:23. We were in the pre-show at 7:12. So glad we did Pandora tonight instead of getting up early tomorrow morning to ride FoP.
Wow you really lucked out with that standby time! 49 minutes just after 6pm, that’s really good (for standby)

Dan

Last edited:
Here our first night...kids and wife sleeping..me sneaking out ala Fred Flintstone twinkle toes and crawling around the Boardwalk area. Abracadabar, crews cup (no more sliders?!) and maybe the first night of Atlantic dance hall. A good first day..no parks..just resort...Boardwalk pool closed around 6 due to lightning..and then the sky opened up...as much as you try to protect your kids that water slide is in their face with other kids..AK hopefully for rope drop tomorrow...then ohana for dinner and MK.
Will try to summarize each day...some construction out front of the Boardwalk. Loud.. blocks off the turf area. Otherwise glad to be back.

Wow you really lucked out with that standby time! 49 minutes just after 6pm, that’s really good

Dan

I had been watching the TP app and later this afternoon the wait times were anywhere from 43 minutes to 55 minutes. It was posted at 65 minutes. I thought AK seemed empty. Tons of people were leaving as we were entering.

Here our first night...kids and wife sleeping..me sneaking out ala Fred Flintstone twinkle toes and crawling around the Boardwalk area. Abracadabar, crews cup (no more sliders?!) and maybe the first night of Atlantic dance hall. A good first day..no parks..just resort...Boardwalk pool closed around 6 due to lightning..and then the sky opened up...as much as you try to protect your kids that water slide is in their face with other kids..AK hopefully for rope drop tomorrow...then ohana for dinner and MK.
Will try to summarize each day...some construction out front of the Boardwalk. Loud.. blocks off the turf area. Otherwise glad to be back.

Report back on Ohana please. We have an ADR on Tuesday night and I’m still on the fence about it.

Anyone in Magic Kingdom now? Fireworks did not go off as planned at 9:15 and a ton of people are sitting on the Poly beach wondering if we should stick around. Any news from inside the park?

Update..Atlantic dance hall was..umm..not what I was expecting... let's just say the first person at the door when I entered was an Orlando police officer. 1 beer back out into the rain. Maybe I am getting older...but all the songs were...electronic and bass heavy...Jackson 5 as I left so maybe it improved.
Best part of it was the old time disco ball spinning

Sorry to hear that, hope he recovers quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter