Just keep in mind that for us nothing opened early at MK. You were held until exact opening time. For the other 3 parks you could ride earlier than the stated opening time.

Thanks. So for EPCOT as well, the park opened about 20 mins before the published opening time?

Garden Grocer is definitely not the cheapest, but I highly recommend them if you're ordering alcohol as (unlike the others) you don't have to be present to receive the order. They allow you to email a copy of your driver's license ahead of time and then will leave the order with bell services. We have used GG many times and always had a great experience. I also like that you can order ahead of time and select your delivery window.
It does feel like GG is the most convenient when ordering alcohol, but I'm just not thrilled with their selection (I'm more of a High Noon girl, than White Claws LOL). Trying to decide which is more important - the selection of what I'm getting, or not having to meet someone upon delivery

Just keep in mind that for us nothing opened early at MK. You were held until exact opening time. For the other 3 parks you could ride earlier than the stated opening time.
Thanks for the info. Your experience at MK is consistent with what we've been told. It's helpful to know what's currently happening so that we can keep the 'Everything Rope Drop' thread current.

We are having a much better time at HS today!! We decided to take the forums advice and get up early to rope drop. SO MUCH BETTER!! We got here from the skylines about 8:15 and they opened the park (or I think they did? I heard the "welcome to Hollywood studios!") At 8:30. Got on rock n rollercoaster with a 10 minute wait then quickly went to tower of terror for another 10 minute wait. We were gonna try for slinky dog dash but our luck ran out and they were at a 100 minute wait before 9:00 o.o so we did toy story mania with a 20 minute wait. Longest line we stood in today so far was joffreys! We're gonna pick up some streusels from the lunch box and by then our ogas reservation will be coming up :) I'm never doubting this forum again rope drop was so worth it and once leaving the hotel we didn't even feel tired lol. Thank you guys !it's hard to believe its only 10:30 and we've done so much

I have been following this thread to help me plan our upcoming trip so thank you for everyone reporting back. We are traveling with DS 6 in 10 days and we want to try to avoid the pandora crowd during rope drop. Is the safari running before the actual AK opening time like EE and FOP?

Thanks! What time did the park really open vs. published? So you were able to do Slinky and then went right over to MMRR? I think we will try that strategy.

I didn't mark down what time they let us into the park, but the time stamp on the photo my husband took when we were in the official line was 8:34 am.

Edit to add: I looked at my notes and saw that after we finished with Slinky Dog, we got in line for MMRR at 8:43 and were on by 9:01. We then got on RNRC single rider line and were getting on the ride at 9:34. My husband and I did not ride together but were in the same limo.

Last edited:
Hey guys :-)
Here are some pics from our vacation today. I included some pics of the crowds since I think a few people wanted to see that. We went to HS today and went to MMRR as soon as the park opened and had a 20-minute easy wait. We had to run to ROTR because I had a boarding group for it. Then we decided to wait in line at smugglers run which was posted at a 70 minute wait, and it was indeed an 80 minute wait. After this (around 1:30?) the park was pretty packed and we decided to leave and head back to epcot for some food and drinks :) We might head back in a bit if the waits come down but we're fine either way. I noticed a lot of people saying ride times are inflated but I only notice that towards the end of the day like the last two hours of the park being opened (and rope drop I suppose). Anything before that and they're fairly accurate within 20-30 mins.

View attachment 595057
View attachment 595056
Where those crowds at rope drop? or what time?

I have been following this thread to help me plan our upcoming trip so thank you for everyone reporting back. We are traveling with DS 6 in 10 days and we want to try to avoid the pandora crowd during rope drop. Is the safari running before the actual AK opening time like EE and FOP?

I usually go straight to the Safari. And although the Safari typically starts at park opening, it doesn't hurt to rope drop it as you'll be on one of the 1st safaris. They hold you outside the que which gives you ample time to grab a spot in line and someone else in your party gets a snack (Creature Comforts is always open - and the little kiosk near the line opens up a little early) and relax.

It also gives you an opportunity to really pause and walk a little more slowly.

It does feel like GG is the most convenient when ordering alcohol, but I'm just not thrilled with their selection (I'm more of a High Noon girl, than White Claws LOL). Trying to decide which is more important - the selection of what I'm getting, or not having to meet someone upon delivery

In the past I always ordered from GG but this year I am trying Instacart from the local Publix. The prices and selection are so much better. I didn’t really check beer and wine. 😎👍🏻

I read lots of reports from AK and no one mentions It's Tough to be a Bug. Is that still a thing? I think my granddaughters will love that one. Thanks in advance!!
It’s still there in the Tree of Life, it’s just not a ride that is in high demand. It’s a great attraction to get out of the heat and have some giggles, .😎👍🏻

I usually go straight to the Safari. And although the Safari typically starts at park opening, it doesn't hurt to rope drop it as you'll be on one of the 1st safaris. They hold you outside the que which gives you ample time to grab a spot in line and someone else in your party gets a snack (Creature Comforts is always open - and the little kiosk near the line opens up a little early) and relax.

It also gives you an opportunity to really pause and walk a little more slowly.

DS really wants to get on EE and the safari. Is it best to do EE first if the safari doesn’t open until park opening? Just trying to maximize our rope drop in AK. We plan on doing pandora another day closer to park closing.

DS really wants to get on EE and the safari. Is it best to do EE first if the safari doesn’t open until park opening? Just trying to maximize our rope drop in AK. We plan on doing pandora another day closer to park closing.

I would definitely do EE first if Safari is not open. We found we could do Safari, EE and Dinosaur at opening with very little waiting. If Safari is open, I'd do that first. The lines for that got long before EE. After those, we'd do the trails without a huge crowd. With everyone rushing to FOP, AK was the easiest park for us to do if we weren't riding FOP.

It doesn't make much sense to me to get in an already long line at FOP if you aren't at the front for rope drop, but people still do and it leaves other things open to ride.

I would definitely do EE first if Safari is not open. We found we could do Safari, EE and Dinosaur at opening with very little waiting. If Safari is open, I'd do that first. The lines for that got long before EE. After those, we'd do the trails without a huge crowd. With everyone rushing to FOP, AK was the easiest park for us to do if we weren't riding FOP.

It doesn't make much sense to me to get in an already long line at FOP if you aren't at the front for rope drop, but people still do and it leaves other things open to ride.
I feel the same way. I don’t mind getting in a line for FOP at the end of the day when I’m going to be waiting an hour or more anyway. I want to get him on other things while everyone goes to Pandora. Our main goal for the first half day is EE, safari, Lion King show and possibly the rapids. We have another half day (later afternoon/evening) planned just for pandora.

I feel the same way. I don’t mind getting in a line for FOP at the end of the day when I’m going to be waiting an hour or more anyway. I want to get him on other things while everyone goes to Pandora. Our main goal for the first half day is EE, safari, Lion King show and possibly the rapids. We have another half day (later afternoon/evening) planned just for pandora.
I believe none of the rides except FOP start running until park opening. Not that you can't get there early and be in position for whenever they start, but you won't need to do as much of a "mad dash" for the other rides. Maybe that has changed, but the last report I had seen was only FOP runs early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter