• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are driving. Lucky we didn’t fly as we would not attempt to fly him home with symptoms. That would be beyond wreckless and irresponsible.

Thank you! I had a feeling from all your prior posts that you were not a wreckless person. Unfortunately, I had someone who didn't care sitting next to me on our plane ride home this past Saturday. He actually told me his daughter who was in my row next to the window, had a fever and cough! He told this to me only after we were in the air after I commented about her falling asleep so quickly. Both my husband and I are vaccinated and already had Covid. We will be pleasantly surprised if we don't start feeling symptoms in the next few days. We live in an apartment building in NYC, so are isolating at our vacation home in PA.

Last edited:
Oh ~~ you must be doing mobile orders. Makes sense!
Yeah, but even if you walk up and order they don't really care. There is no dining plan so they don't really care, food is food and money is money, they don't care if I'm eating a kids meal or my kids is eating an adult meal. We got one adult meal, one kid meal, 2 extra drinks, and an extra side of watermlon and I'm the only person they saw since my whole family never all walks up to the window to pick up. Even if I had wanted to order in person and pay in cash they wouldn't have known because my husband would have stayed back with the kids.

DS10 got a really bad cold first week into our trip --- DD15 now has it--- she's vaccinated, but got hit with a doozy of a cold---
Negative for Covid and strep, but she feels like crap---

Thought both had allergies, but nope--- bad colds

Thank you! I had a feeling from all your prior posts that you were not a wreckless person. Unfortunately, I had someone who didn't care sitting next to me on our plane ride home this past Saturday. He actually told me his daughter who was in my row next to the window, had a fever and cough! Both my husband and I are vaccinated and already had Covid. We will be pleasantly surprised if we don't start feeling symptoms in the next few days. We live in an apartment building in NYC, so are isolating at our vacation home in PA.
We felt bad enough that my son in law flew home to get back to work. But ultimately, he’s been exposed to god only knows how may people who were positive this week. He’s completely symptom free and he masks all the time just as we do.

I absolutely think we showed poor judgement to go at all. We put my grandson at risk and there’s no getting around that. We’ve all got a pretty good case of the guilts. He may turn out to be negative, but his symptoms are pretty classic. So much for it being rare for kids to get it and symptoms being mild if they do. It’s something I won’t ever do again. We’ll just have to cool our jets until he can be vaccinated.

DS10 got a really bad cold first week into our trip --- DD15 now has it--- she's vaccinated, but got hit with a doozy of a cold---

Sorry to hear that but it gives me some hope for my grandson not being positive. I just get furious over people going into the parks sick. It’s just so selfish. This is the first time my grandson has been sick since the beginning of covid.

We've ordered off of the kids menu reguarly for years. The adult portions are simply too big most places; and with the exception of buffets and fixed price places - we've always been told it's no problem. Like other posters have said - they can't really tell who you are ordering for - but we often ask just to be sure, and have never been told no. I just can't walk around in the heat with a super full stomach, and I hate wasting food :)

First full day today. Got to DHS about 8:30. Rode Tot and RnRC. We got the Mickey waffles with blueberries and strawberries (very good) for a quick breakfast at Scoops (I believe). Rode RotR and walked around GE exploring the different shops and then rode Star Tours. Ate a quick lunch at ABC Commissary (the buffalo chicken grilled cheese is really good). Rode MMRR before we headed back to the BC for a break. I loved MMRR! It stormed while we were riding, so we left and there was a BC bus waiting! Win win with the busses so far.

Mask compliance has been so-so. Masks don’t really bother us at all. I honestly thought it would be much worse. Glad we didn’t cancel because of them. I wouldn’t plan a trip because you’ll feel safer with people masking; many are not and as soon as they pass a CM the masks are down. Hardly any mask compliance in bathrooms.

The weather hasn’t been unbearable yet. Today there was a nice breeze.

Headed back to DHS soon, hopefully by way of the Skyliner, for our Oga’s reservation and more rides.

Crowds have not been bad and we are happy with our day so far. Maybe there has been a drop in crowds. We had a very fun morning!

A couple people here at work also sick negative for Covid..just a summer cold luckily.

I hope all those awaiting test results are negative! We are much too close to consider cancelling and will just hope for reduced local crowds and good compliance now that the mandate has been up for a few days. I haven't had any post-masking colds yet so curious if I'm due for one now.

Well, all the discussion of the numbers of people who have gotten sick with COVID or similar after their trips are really bumming me out. All four of us are fully vaccinated (Pfizer) and we'll wear masks whenever possible and do our best. I already cancelled our Oga's reservation as that seems especially problematic to me. We fly to Orlando tomorrow. I really appreciate all these trip reports!

Just got back last night. Trip dates were 7/27-8/1. Had a really nice time despite it being very hot and pouring rain for a few hours on each of the first three days we were there. I think the heat index was at least 102 degrees each day. We went with a plan to take it easy, take lots of water breaks, and only do our "must-dos"- we nailed them all. Posted wait times were definitely inflated and I took some notes on some of the significant ones.

MK on 7/27 - arrived in the evening. Only waited about 15 mins each for HM, SM, BTMRR despite their wait times being posted as 50+ minutes.

MK on 7/28 - Went right to Splash when park opened, waited 20 mins. Line was constantly moving. Pirates was only 10 mins, wait said 40. BTMRR at lunchtime was 20 mins, wait said 50. Aladdin's Magic Carpets was the most accurate posted wait time out of all the rides we went on, about 20 minutes. Peoplemover was a walk-on.

7/29 - Pool day. Went to Disney Springs in the evening. It had just rained so wasn't crowded. Only about 20 people waiting outside for Gideon's. .

Epcot on 7/30 - first day of new mask rules for indoor locations. CMs were there to remind guests to put masks on before heading inside any indoor location and there were also periodic overhead announcements. This day I began to notice more people were keeping their masks on outside now, too.

DHS on 7/31 - got boarding group 46 for ROTR, was called by 11:30am. Rope dropped MMRR, wait was about 15 mins. ToT was barely 15 mins, half its posted time. Second time on ToT was at 2pm; wait ended up accurate at 40 mins because one side stopped operating halfway through the queue. Toy Story Land was a madhouse, as was Galaxy's Edge. MFSR was posted as a 90 min wait and it looked very close to being accurate. Everyone I saw that day was compliant with the new mask rules. No attitudes towards the CMs. It was really nice to see. For some outdoor queues CMs were informing guests to put their masks on, like ToT.

Epcot on 8/1 - it felt like no one was there yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. The France F&W booth is my barometer for the park and when I passed by at 2pm there was no line. Soarin' and The Land were walk-ons.

Sorry to hear that but it gives me some hope for my grandson not being positive. I just get furious over people going into the parks sick. It’s just so selfish. This is the first time my grandson has been sick since the beginning of covid.
there were sick kids everywhere when we were there memorial day week, it was crazy. Fingers crossed he just caught one of these summer colds that's going around. I know both of my kids caught colds at the end of the school year, scared me to death even though they both had covid in March 2020, miserable for about a week and then perfectly fine. Fingers crossed! It really is a shame people can't use better judgement and just stay home/go home when a member of their family is sick with anything (not just Covid, but anything). I know it's a spendy trip, but it's not fun for the sick person or the people they infect along the way. Sending positive healing vibes your way!

I hope all those awaiting test results are negative! We are much too close to consider cancelling and will just hope for reduced local crowds and good compliance now that the mandate has been up for a few days. I haven't had any post-masking colds yet so curious if I'm due for one now.

Right there with you. We arrive Friday.

I'm going to bet that I just had a quick summer cold - still scary though. Haven't had anything at all since 2019.

We've been taking our temperatures daily now since Covid started, and none of us ever had a fever; like I mentioned before, neither kid had any symptoms - just me with congestion and a killer headache.

I haven't taken anything today, and head is clear. Fully vaccinated, but still scary. I did sleep about 14 hours yesterday. Sigh. Hope everyone else just has a summer cold too!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your recent experiences, the good and bad.

🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🙏 For everyone who are sick with COVID, cold or allergies.

I was there in November with DH and swore I was sick after I left. I was fully masked up, social distancing, but it was high numbers in Florida and I was nervous. I was fine.

Fast forward to planning my families August trip. I figure when first planning that Mask would still be Mandated. I was thrilled to hear about the outside mask lifting in May and then full mandate lifted in June. I was really mad when I heard about the soaring cases in Florida and Disney bringing back the Mask Mandates. I was so excited to getting back to normal. My whole family is fully vaccinated and we lived through NJ COVID, which was rough. But, I calmed down and realize Disney is protecting us.
We will be masking up. We will try to distance when we can and hand wash/sanitize often.

We are DVC members and are planning 3 park hopping days and 4 resort/Disney Springs days. We are plans to get parks first thing, leave by 1pm or 2pm, take a break and finish each evening at Epcot.

In regards to BG strategy, can everyone in my group try to obtain a BG at the same time. I made the reservation for the trip. But everyone will be using the APP with my sign in to navigate the trip and plans. I was hoping that 6 persons trying at 7am would give us a fighting chance.

Once, again thanks for everyone’s help with what to expect in 2 weeks. I am hoping by mid August that crowds maybe down a little. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻😎👍🏻

I’m sorry that happened. We’re on our way home now with my grandson who is sick. Testing in the area wasn’t possible and as long as we can control his fever, we’re waiting until we can test at hone where it’s much easier and he can be under his drs care. His temp hit a little over 103 last night so that was a little scary, but it’s down now thankfully.

We were absolutely as careful as we could be but with the crowd levels what they are and people fighting against masks, it’s a huge roll of the dice. The rest of us are vaccinated and so far, no symptoms. We’ll all be testing when we get home.

That really stinks, I'm so sorry.

FYI, RSV cases are up as well in children around the country. Something to keep in mind if the covid test is negative.

Epcot on 7/30 - first day of new mask rules for indoor locations. CMs were there to remind guests to put masks on before heading inside any indoor location and there were also periodic overhead announcements. This day I began to notice more people were keeping their masks on outside now, too.
This is really reassuring. I hope that by 8/14 we're seeing even more people with masks outdoors. Getting really nervous with all this talk about people coming home with cases.

Last edited:
First full day today. Got to DHS about 8:30. Rode Tot and RnRC. We got the Mickey waffles with blueberries and strawberries (very good) for a quick breakfast at Scoops (I believe). Rode RotR and walked around GE exploring the different shops and then rode Star Tours. Ate a quick lunch at ABC Commissary (the buffalo chicken grilled cheese is really good). Rode MMRR before we headed back to the BC for a break. I loved MMRR! It stormed while we were riding, so we left and there was a BC bus waiting! Win win with the busses so far.

Mask compliance has been so-so. Masks don’t really bother us at all. I honestly thought it would be much worse. Glad we didn’t cancel because of them. I wouldn’t plan a trip because you’ll feel safer with people masking; many are not and as soon as they pass a CM the masks are down. Hardly any mask compliance in bathrooms.

The weather hasn’t been unbearable yet. Today there was a nice breeze.

Headed back to DHS soon, hopefully by way of the Skyliner, for our Oga’s reservation and more rides.

Crowds have not been bad and we are happy with our day so far. Maybe there has been a drop in crowds. We had a very fun morning!

wow you and I had opposite experiences on the same day.
We found it unbearably hot and insane crowds. 100 min wait for slinky at 9am??
Got in line for MMRR at 8:51 and waited 45 min. In crazy heat.

glad you had a good day-
I’m never coming back in august w out fast passes. EVER AGAIN.

Just checked out this morning and on our way to the beach. Thought I'd share some thoughts about our stay July 25-Aug 2. It was our first trip in two years; we always go the same week. Last year was really hard. My husband's job was shut down for 8 weeks, and when he was able to go back, he didn't feel like he could take a vacation. So not only was this our first Disney trip in 2 years, it was his first vacation in that long. I had taken 3 of our children to a lake for a long weekend, but needless to say, we were so excited for this trip, even knowing it would be different (though not expecting that mask change - whew!).

Resort: Coronado Springs - first time at a moderate resort and have done nothing but DVC the last 5 trips so I was worried we'd be disappointed. In short, we LOVED it. Beautiful property, clean & pretty rooms, our kids loved the theming. Loved the Dig Site! Buses were either awesome or really bad... But only really bad twice (once leaving MK and once trying to get to MK in the evening). DH and I got 3 Bridges to go twice after getting back late from the parks - really good!! Also liked the options at Siestas Cantina. On day 2 of our stay, housekeeping came while my daughter was napping. She apologized and said she'd come back. She didn't. The following day I went to the front desk because our garbage was overflowing in both rooms. There was a note we had "declined" housekeeping the day before. 🤔 This was all clarified and rectified very quickly. Within 15 minutes we had a clean room and no more issues going forward. In fact, the same thing happened with my daughter napping on Saturday (teenagers!) and later someone came to make sure that housekeeping had returned to service the room. Every single CM we encountered was so helpful and kind.

Parks: I used Lines religiously and it didn't fail us. I know there's a certain amount of luck involved, but our trip would have looked totally different without that app. I watched times the week leading up to our trip, and we had a loose and flexible plan. We did rope drop every morning except for our one Epcot day (we cruised in at about 11:15 and totally missed the opening chaos but still walked right on Soarin). In the first 2-3 hours we would knock out 5-6 rides and then grab lunch and head back to enjoy the Dig Site. I remember the first morning in MK my dh was watching times on MDE and he was very concerned about us standing in a 50-minute line for PotC (it was 15). ☺ It was in the evenings that, honestly, we really missed FP+. I loved sitting with my evening snack or drink and nabbing FPs for my family to use around the park. We got to do everything we wanted this time, but some of our favorites were only done once in two days rather than a couple rides each time. That said.... I learned to enjoy NOT being glued to my phone, developing carpal tunnel as I refreshed on repeat for hours every day. It was different.... but still good! I kept telling them, "Be flexible in your spirit" 😂😂 Most of us are pretty type A and the rest just don't like change, so it's an interesting mix... But they did great.

Food: Mobile ordering worked well for us. One HS morning I placed our Woody's order on the bus on the way to the park. As others mentioned, we mostly snacked in MK... Had a lot of ice cream there! The kids ordered The Back Side of Water last night and loved it, fyi! The new coconut Dole Whip is also great. Had lunch yesterday at Crystal Palace and we all really enjoyed our choices. We had one of the first lunch reservations of the day, and our food was hot and fresh. Loved Oga's too! We ate at Sci-Fi one night -- had never been, but hadn't heard great things -- but our kids absolutely loved it and I thought the food was good! The restaurant was maybe half full, and I know all the reservations were taken because I had tried to change our time to no avail. We've never done this many ADRs in one trip, but I'm so glad we did, with wait times what they are in the evenings. Loved the Wookie cookie at Backlot -- it's huge, btw. And I also loved my pork carnitas kids bowl at Pecos Bill. ☺ Something light and fresh is always nice. Our favorite thing of all was Food & Wine. Always going in July means we've never done this, and we loved sharing items and just taking a slower pace at night.

Etc: CM interactions for us were only happy. Feel really grateful for their willingness to work in an uncertain time. Didn't see any of the garbage concerns some have mentioned - not saying that doesn't exist, just that it's not a universal experience. Had good luck doing headliners at park close (Test Track said 60, took 10; 7D said 90, took 40. Slinky Dog - said 100, took 50 and was even shorter the second night). Got RotR boarding groups 5 and 6 using the tips shared here - thank you! On Friday night at Epcot a squirrel was edging his way into Disney Traders. My daughter shouted, "Hey! You can't go in there without a mask!" He stopped and looked at her like he totally understood, and it was just all so funny. Like... What even are these times?!

This week proved yet again that things continue to be uncertain. If you feel comfortable going, I just want to say that we found so much joy. But if you're not comfortable, maybe now is not the time, and that's ok too. For those who are not feeling well... I'm so sorry. Most of our family got Covid last fall, and it was pretty rough for two of us. We've all made a full recovery, and I hope you do too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter