• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I actually thought about emailing guest services just to let them know.

There is really no point in emailing guest services.With every park reservation you made you signed a waiver acknowledging your chance of catching covid on property. You knew ahead of time this was a risk and you decided to take it plus there is no way to trace it. I truly hope you both feel better but guest services will do nothing about this.

today was Epcot. Got there at 10 letting us in to park- got to gate let us into park around 10:20- score!!! Rode TT, Soarin, Frozen, seas, living with the land, the Ball, mission space.
Were you on a ride at 10:20 - and if yes, which one? I'm trying to figure out an Epcot RD strategy - with the shortest lines. & preferably not criss crossing thru all the construction TIA

This isn't just a recent experience. Oga's has been like that since opening. I think they're trying to create a high energy, crowded bar type atmosphere, so I don't see it changing unless demand really drops
Changing my mind about going there for sure!

On our next trip we will be with our son in a dvc villa and only have housekeeping every 4 days (?) or maybe it's just towel service. Anyway, I am already planning on finding out where the garbage cans are so I can clean up a little daily. No way would I leave it outside the room!

The DVC buildings have trash rooms for guests to use, because in the olden days there was no daily room check during which trash would be picked up. Before your trip, you might want to post here on the DVC Mouscellaneous board, and people can tell you where the trash rooms are for the resort at which you will be staying. (Don't count on the cast members at the resort being able to tell you. I made that mistake before.)

Off to HS this morning. We got boarding group 6, but it didn’t include my grandson. Hopefully they’ll just add him at the park.
While you can go to guest services...I just wasted to let you know that in March it left 3 ppl off of ours and I just told them when we got in line for Rise and they fixed it on the spot. I know guest services can be time consuming, so just wanted to let yoy know. - This was back when social distancing was a thing but if it happens to us again next week; this will be our plan.

While you can go to guest services...I just wasted to let you know that in March it left 3 ppl off of ours and I just told them when we got in line for Rise and they fixed it on the spot. I know guest services can be time consuming, so just wanted to let yoy know. - This was back when social distancing was a thing but if it happens to us again next week; this will be our plan.

There was no line at one of the gs kiosks so did that. It was an amazing ride! We mobile ordered some breakfast at docking bay 7, quick to get food.

we did MMRR when we first got here, about a 20 minute stand by. This is what the line looks like for SR as of now.

Attachments

• 805B3A0E-9A69-4B74-8B8C-376E64351591.jpeg
    805B3A0E-9A69-4B74-8B8C-376E64351591.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 164

There is really no point in emailing guest services.With every park reservation you made you signed a waiver acknowledging your chance of catching covid on property. You knew ahead of time this was a risk and you decided to take it plus there is no way to trace it. I truly hope you both feel better but guest services will do nothing about this.
I don’t think it is a bad thing to contact guest services but I wouldn’t expect anything from them .

Ordered lunch at HS and again, mobile ordering was flawless. If it weren’t for the horrific lines, this has been a near perfect trip so far. But the lines are no small deal, after all, in the end, that’s what most people are here for- to ride rides....and the lines are as bad as any report you’ve read.

No I know. I didn’t expect them to do anything. Just thought maybe they should be made aware.

I'm posting this here in this thread since there is more covid discussion on this thread and it was posted by @WebmasterKathy on the TPAS board recently. This is what you may and may not post about Covid on the DIS.

Policy on COVID discussions

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Thank you,
DISboards Administrators

Epcot day today. After two days of standing in lines our kids requested that we enjoy what the parks have to offer besides rides, more like we used to. Right now, in the parks, it’s kind of one or the other. Will update this post throughout today

Looking forward to a nice relaxing day. We are not trying to cram in many rides today. We are going to try to hop to AK and hit FOP at park close at AK tonight. We will see how that goes.

World showcase is pretty empty at noon today.
67B5839D-5D06-42C4-AED7-91E6EE5B8664.jpeg

at Via Napoli for lunch right now.
68996AD1-8023-4AC4-82AD-48B9BD4CFEF2.jpeg
OK, that pizza was the bomb! We went to Via Napoli five years ago and walked away not all that impressed. Glad we tried it again. Today was altogether different. Great experience and the pizza was fantastic.

Taking a leisurely pace. Two hours later and we have made it through Germany, China, and now are in the Mexico pavilion. :).

2:20pm Three Caballeros coming up! Posted 40 minutes. On the boat in 18 minutes. (For reference, the line to get into the Mexico pavilion was about 10 people deep outside when we got in line and it was 18 minutes total till we got on the ride). Not bad!
5143C3E8-5141-4586-BD25-43926A327866.jpeg

finished up the Mexico pavilion and went to Joffrey‘s for some caffeine and then to Shimmering sips kiosk for this, For my son
34EC5F11-CE1C-4FEB-BCC3-C64B58B32A32.jpeg

3:31 PM got in line for Spaceship Earth. Posted wait time was 20 minutes. We were on in 10.

4:05 PM, in line for mission space, Orange. Posted 60 minutes. On in 25 minutes

Kids are requesting Figment so we are getting in line now. 5:07 PM. Posted 25 minutes. On in 5 minutes.
25EEC334-C349-44C7-BDD9-8B17E750D41B.jpeg
BTW, Test track has been down since around noon and they just announced that it would be down for at least another hour. There has been rain all afternoon. It may have just stopped though

5:24 PM, heading to AK so that we can eat at Satu’li and knock out flight of passage and whatever else we feel like in Pandora. That way tomorrow morning we can do everything else at AK while the lines are long for FOP. At least that’s the hope.
6:26 PM. Crowds outside of Satu’li canteen. About normal for this time of year I would say
2389F16E-DBBB-450A-BEF8-0C2EB623F22E.jpeg
Best QS on property in my humble opinion.
30BBE6D0-86CE-4B50-90B1-14E9E319ED49.jpeg

6:54 PM now. Doing Navi. Posted 35 minutes. On in 28 minutes

7:36 PM. In line for FOP, with an 8pm park close. Posted 95 minutes. On the ride in 65 minutes, your mileage may vary.

73F0657E-DE0D-49C1-AD59-52B9D1E049B5.jpeg

Dan

Bonus: You’ve heard about the terra-cotta warriors in the China pavilion correct? Well these little guys were in the gift shop. The stuff of nightmares
FDB7DA94-09A7-4D6B-9B80-6AEA0028567E.jpeg

Last edited:
The Savi’s blades are 31” long (and breakable) and the hilts are around 10” long. They do come apart, but you are given a slightly padded storage bag for the saber to be carried as a whole. If you took it apart, I suppose you could keep the blade in the storage bag for some cushion. However, if they don’t mind relinquishing their sabers, they can ship them directly from Dok Ondar’s or Droid Depot. It costs around $17-$18, and Disney will take care of any damage that may occur.
Thanks! Great idea

Just an FYI…apologize mods if this is the wrong spot. We’ve been back a week now. Daughter and I are both fully vaccinated. My mom came with us the last few days of this trip. She’s unvaccinated and wore no mask and now has covid. She hasn’t been to work at all this week. She’s a very healthy 62 but she’s also very sick. She sent me this…if you’re going be careful

https://people.com/health/central-f...ccording-to-orange-county-executive/?amp=true
Hope she recovers soon. I’m vaccinated but I think I’m going to bring a mask into the parks anyway. This is just my personal feeling. At home, I don’t wear masks anymore unless required but WDW could be a germ soup even pre plague days.

No I know. I didn’t expect them to do anything. Just thought maybe they should be made aware.
And unless she went nowhere but Disney, it would be impossible to trace back to the parks. If she flew on a plane, went to work or the store when she got home or saw even one person outside WDW then there is no way to determine where she caught the virus.

I'm posting this here in this thread since there is more covid discussion on this thread and it was posted by @WebmasterKathy on the TPAS board recently. This is what you may and may not post about Covid on the DIS.

Policy on COVID discussions

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Thank you,
DISboards Administrators

I am enjoying reading this thread. Just a bit of warning about the COVID discussion policy. I can easily see this veering off. Just a heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter