I'm curious as to how many people in the Disney Parks are US residents and if many of the international travelers are back at Disney yet. Are there stats for this info? Just wondering how this will directly impact wait times when international travelers do return without fast passes.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned the Tangled restrooms in the list of things they did that day. Can someone explain what’s special about them, please?? Like why was it included with the attractions they did??
Thanks!

The restrooms and area situated between the Haunted Mansion and It’s a Small World is Tangled themed. There’s the tower, floating lanterns, wanted posters, etc., through the area. It’s a good area for pictures. Pre-Covid, you could get a picture holding a lantern. The restroom interiors also have Tangled theming.

The restrooms and area situated between the Haunted Mansion and It’s a Small World is Tangled themed. There’s the tower, floating lanterns, wanted posters, etc., through the area. It’s a good area for pictures. Pre-Covid, you could get a picture holding a lantern. The restroom interiors also have Tangled theming.
There's also the hidden Pascals! I love looking around for those.

Someone mentioned the Tangled restrooms in the list of things they did that day. Can someone explain what’s special about them, please?? Like why was it included with the attractions they did??
Thanks!
We always stop there at least once, because they are the coolest bathrooms on property. We usually get a goofy picture, because we love to joke about some Princesses getting more than one attraction, while poor Rapunzel got to use her talents on some bathrooms.

I’m on vacation in Ohio and my dh is sending me photo after photo of the F&W festival. It feels strange not to be there and experience it vicariously through his pics! His photos make it look like Epcot isn’t busy today.

Welcome from on Ohioian! We grew up spending a week (this week - the last of July) at Hocking Hills every summer. We also live really close to Cedar Point and the Lake Erie islands. Enjoy your time here!

Question for anyone who may have attempted this recently... I'm currently on a "over two hour" hold with WDW reservations (third time attempting this). I want to add a note about my son's birthday to a dining reservation that I already have. I've attempted to do this online and in chat, but they can't do it that way. Is Disney doing anything special for birthdays at the moment anyway? In past there would be Mickey confetti and a card on the table. etc. I'm posting this question here in hopes that someone there, or just back may have experience with this. Thanks!

Edit to add: Iago is still singing his version of Friend Like Me from the old Tiki Room Makeover in the hold music.
We've celebrated all of our birthdays at WDW this year, from February-Memorial day weekend week trip and had a mix of success. For my kids I put at every ADR (and we had one every single day) that we had a birthday and we had only one on each trip actually do something. Each time it was a cupcake with mickey sprinkles. When we went for my and my husbands birthdays recently absolutely nothing was done at any meal, and we had a ton of ADRs, my husband even mentioned to our waitress at Brown Derby that we were celebrating birthdays and she was just like "well that's nice". We didn't want lots of stuff done, but he was expecting at least a Happy Birthday or something (I think he secretly wanted a cupcake lol). So, your miles may vary right now, especially as restaurants get busier they sometimes just don't notice as it usually is printed on the ticket on the table they just don't look.

I'm curious as to how many people in the Disney Parks are US residents and if many of the international travelers are back at Disney yet. Are there stats for this info? Just wondering how this will directly impact wait times when international travelers do return without fast passes.
So, I just texted my friend that works with numbers at WDW this question about international travelers (because honestly I am curious myself). Her reply "hardly any, I'd say at this very moment probably less than 100 but I don't have the numbers in front of me". She has told me in the past a bulk of international travelers are from Europe, second being from Asia (mainly areas like Japan and India), and "certain areas in South America" which I think we all know where those are lol. None of those areas are really letting people travel easily right now, or the US isn't letting them, so unless they have the resources they aren't coming.

We've celebrated all of our birthdays at WDW this year, from February-Memorial day weekend week trip and had a mix of success. For my kids I put at every ADR (and we had one every single day) that we had a birthday and we had only one on each trip actually do something. Each time it was a cupcake with mickey sprinkles. When we went for my and my husbands birthdays recently absolutely nothing was done at any meal, and we had a ton of ADRs, my husband even mentioned to our waitress at Brown Derby that we were celebrating birthdays and she was just like "well that's nice". We didn't want lots of stuff done, but he was expecting at least a Happy Birthday or something (I think he secretly wanted a cupcake lol). So, your miles may vary right now, especially as restaurants get busier they sometimes just don't notice as it usually is printed on the ticket on the table they just don't look.
bummer... such a difference from past years. I know a lot is different etc. Just seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add a little extra for the special occasions. I was a waitress for a few years and it was never a hassle to add a little extra for a birthday.

I agree. We were there last week for our 25th anniversary. Had it noted on our reservation. Wore our pins. Sanaa and Narcoose’s were the only ones who recognized it at all for meals. Lots of CMs did wish us a happy anniversary, so at least that was nice. In the past we’ve gotten a champagne toast or a cupcake so we didn’t have high expectations, but thought maybe for a “big” anniversary we’d see a little more magic.

I agree. We were there last week for our 25th anniversary. Had it noted on our reservation. Wore our pins. Sanaa and Narcoose’s were the only ones who recognized it at all for meals. Lots of CMs did wish us a happy anniversary, so at least that was nice. In the past we’ve gotten a champagne toast or a cupcake so we didn’t have high expectations, but thought maybe for a “big” anniversary we’d see a little more magic.
Happy Anniversary!! :flower:

Thank you! 😊

In other news…Blog Mickey reporting that the line for parking at park opening for MK today is over a mile long and park passes are still available.- calendar they showed was green.

Sounds like everyone is realizing the significance of rope drop!

Thank you! 😊

In other news…Blog Mickey reporting that the line for parking at park opening for MK today is over a mile long and park passes are still available.- calendar they showed was green.
Ugh. I'm so happy we decided to stay the Contemporary so we can just walk in (and out!) whenever we can. I have a feeling our time at MK might be in shorter spurts than normal.
Also Happy Anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter