I agree with this 100%. Feels like back to normal crowds but still missing attractions/restaurants/character meets to pull people away.
Although this morning was pretty rough. We arrive at MK at 8:15 (my mistake I thought they were opening early). We waited on the bridge until 9 and then made our way slowly towards splash. Then stopped again for Frontier land opening show. Finally got in line around 9:10. Waited again for ride to start letting people. All said and done off the ride around 9:45. Thunder was posting 25 minute wait so we did that. Pretty accurate. Done by 10:30. Thought we would head to Pirates. Got there, 50 minute wait, jungle was 60. At that time space was about the same so thought if we are waiting that long might as well wait for good ride. Walked there and BAM it went down!!! So almost 11 and only rode 2 rides and everything was 45 to 70 minutes. Did people mover (15 ) and called it a morning, it was a mad house everywhere!!. Hopefully have better luck after dinner.
I’m really surprised they aren’t opening at 8 with these crowds. AK is, you would think MK could as well.

Is Disney inflating posted wait times more now? Im looking at user submitted wait times today on touring plans for Pirates and when the posted wait time was 40 minutes riders are reporting taking only 16-20 minutes. I wonder if your posted 50 minutes was actually much lower.

Here now. At DHS, not sure if someone posted before but Rider swap is only allowing 2 people to ride for the “switch”. We are at SDD. She said it just started today to only allow 2 return riders
With reduced staffing and long lines right now I can see this being helpful. I understand in the past it was up to 4 but that meant 3 people were eligible to ride twice which right now, just isn't the best way to reduce lines.

Here now. At DHS, not sure if someone posted before but Rider swap is only allowing 2 people to ride for the “switch”. We are at SDD. She said it just started today to only allow 2 return riders
Those poor CMs are probably going to have to deal with some angry/upset people. Disney World executives & park executives are making thing really difficult on the CMs.

Checked in today at BWI after the Uni part of our trip. Room ready at 11 and was very clean. Tons of CMs and housekeeping and all very kind and helpful.
Headed to EP around 4. Soarin was posted with20 min wait but was a walk on. Less than 5 minutes until on the ride. Next was LWTL posted 5 and waited about 5 min. Watch the Awesome Planet movie and walked on Nemo. Headed to Japan! A nice start to our trip!

With reduced staffing and long lines right now I can see this being helpful. I understand in the past it was up to 4 but that meant 3 people were eligible to ride twice which right now, just isn't the best way to reduce lines.
I'm almost positive the max. ever for rider swap was 3...so it's 1 less person. Many have theorized this move by Disney is a step they wanted to take before rolling out the rumored paid fastpass.

Checked in today at BWI after the Uni part of our trip. Room ready at 11 and was very clean. Tons of CMs and housekeeping and all very kind and helpful.
Headed to EP around 4. Soarin was posted with20 min wait but was a walk on. Less than 5 minutes until on the ride. Next was LWTL posted 5 and waited about 5 min. Watch the Awesome Planet movie and walked on Nemo. Headed to Japan! A nice start to our trip!

Sounds great! I hope you have a fun trip!

VIP Tours, not South American. With the plaid shirt guides. Sorry for the confusion!
No problem-we were pretty sure if any of them had made it to WDW we surely would have at least HEARD them by now!lol :)

We went to Disney Springs last Saturday to watch the Copa America Final between Argentina and Brazil and were saying afterward that it probably was a VERY good thing for Disney that the South American Tour Groups were not able to come this July.

The Argentina 15s would have been WILDLY celebrating the first major title for Argentina in their lifetime-the first in 28 years for Argentina-and the Brazil 15s would have been crying and in "mourning"
for seeing their team lose to their bitter rival IN BRAZIL IN THEIR HOME STADIUM!

We decided that the "scene" and "interaction" between those 2 groups may have been more than Disney World could have survived in its current state of "recovery"!lol

And we were only half joking!lol:)

Is MFSR boarding the ride fully (ie strangers in the same "flight") or keeping it to same party per flight? I felt like I read it was reduced at one point for COVID and I was curious if that has changed

We are a family of 4 and rode MFSR twice during our trip, once on 7/3 and once on 7/5. Both were about an hour before the park closes. At both times, the wait was 30 minutes posted. We had the ride by ourselves on 7/3 but had to share with two other strangers on 7/5. We are grateful that we got to ride it by ourselves at least once because it wasn't as fun the second time around.

No problem-we were pretty sure if any of them had made it to WDW we surely would have at least HEARD them by now!lol :)

We went to Disney Springs last Saturday to watch the Copa America Final between Argentina and Brazil and were saying afterward that it probably was a VERY good thing for Disney that the South American Tour Groups were not able to come this July.

The Argentina 15s would have been WILDLY celebrating the first major title for Argentina in their lifetime-the first in 28 years for Argentina-and the Brazil 15s would have been crying and in "mourning"
for seeing their team lose to their bitter rival IN BRAZIL IN THEIR HOME STADIUM!

We decided that the "scene" and "interaction" between those 2 groups may have been more than Disney World could have survived in its current state of "recovery"!lol

And we were only half joking!lol:)
Saw the game too- and I agree it would be a challenge!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter