Yes, but expectations have to be realistic and factor in everything going on right now. We just returned from a 5 day trip, and yes, there were some negatives, but there were so many overriding positives, that is was worth every penny and as a family, it was definitely a vacation we will not forget and will always be thankful for.

Just some of my two cents:

We have been to Disney multiple times. With all going on right now - no shows, characters, or parades, the focus seems to be strictly on the rides at most all of the parks (other than Epcot). For all of us that have been multiple times and/or researched when and what FPs to get, using EMH to our advantage, and when/what order to ride rides to maximize time, this is all out of the window right now and everyone is on even-footing. I think a lot of people are upset because they are using their gauge of success based upon the number and amount of rides they were able to ride pre-pandemic and when FPs and EMH were available and are unaccustomed to waiting in longer lines and see this as a failure or let-down compared to past vacations. We figured this out very quickly the first day at the park and realized that we had to pivot and pick a few of the headliners that we as a family wanted to ride and concentrate on riding those rides, waiting if need be. Two years ago, I never would have waited over 45 minutes to ride a ride - we would have showed up at EMH rope drop and knocked out tons of headliners by 11:00 and had a few FPs in our pocket for later in the day when we came back to the park and been very happy. This trip, I found myself lucky to knock out 2 to 3 headliners by lunchtime, and we found ourselves waiting in longer lines on multiple occasions. By no means do I say all of this to let Disney off of the hook on pricing and the lack of FPs or EMH - I do see this as a slap in the face and something I hope Disney reevaluates and does not let this become the new Disney normal. However, this is the reality of how things presently are and expectations need to be realistic and tempered in light of this.

I also think a lot of people don't really factor in the heat, especially this time of year like they should. It is scorching hot right now, and it is all fine and dandy to go in with a plan of doing XYZ while sitting in the comfort of the AC making those plans and it is something else once that sun really starts to set in around 10:00 am. We always took breaks and got out of the parks by lunch (even when we go in December). To each their own, but I think it is asking for misery to continue to push without taking a break, especially without a lot of the indoor shows and most of the ride lines now spilling out of the indoor ques in to the sun.

Walking around the resort, we overheard multiple people and families complaining. I certainly get it, and I can complain about some things as well, but I always wondered when I overheard others complaining: what were their expectations and were they even realistic with all that is going on right now? Sorry for the long-winded post - just some thoughts and observations.
That's all fine, but I don't want to stand in line for an hour average for each attraction when I had fastpasses and a terrific experience 2 years ago.

Orange county mayor just last couple of days is recommending masks indoors again. So I guess just wait for Disney to take the lead and require them everywhere again.
I heard that. I would be surprised if they could reverse course very quickly. My guess is that ship has sailed but I guess who knows?

Agree. For ~5k I expect more than 3 rides per day and nothing but long lines for food, rides,etc., this is not vacation. When I booked this trip, Disney had limited capacity. A few weeks before our trip they increased capacity, a few days before our trip, capacity was increased again and during our trip capacity was increased. That’s just greed. Without increased park hours, increased staffing and increased entertainment to help with crowds, Disney knew it woukd be a mess for guests. Why increase capacity knowing this. I get it, they’re a business and making money is the priority but if I knew that capacity would’ve been increased like this, I would’ve selected a different destination for better value and a much better experience. My teens have no desire to return after this trip and neither do I.

We are here now second trip since last August We did Universal and Disney. We found it best to sleep in and hit the parks later in the evening. The lines are bad mainly MK and HS. If your coming now just plan to relax and soak in the atmosphere I don't recommend trying to do everything There are a lot of stressed families here trying to squeeze in every little thing. We wont be back until all shows and fastpass are back not worth it when this crowded with no shows and fastpass.

I heard that. I would be surprised if they could reverse course very quickly. My guess is that ship has sailed but I guess who knows?
I live in SC and one of my friends is a contact tracer here. She’s had a lot of positives lately after travel to WDW. And a good amount of positive vaccinated people (many asymptomatic). I’m curious how this plays out.
I’m so sad after our trip last week. I’m one of the most Disney loving, singing its praises to people, trips every year for the last 18 years, people that you could meet. It has been a consistent happy place for my three kids. I had absolutely no tricks up my sleeve during this trip. Waits were in the blazing sun, lines were long everywhere, I encountered grumpy CMs, rides were down MUCH more than usual, and I saw a big lack of cleanliness. Positives were: 1. Getting in the park was so much easier without bag check 2. We loved RoR 3. The vegetarian options at QS places were really good 4. The boat captain CMs were always very nice

Three rides for $5,000........magical.
That's obviously per park per day. You know what it's like based on people there now, so you either deal with the reality and plan ahead now or complain when you get there. Or cancel. It was merely a suggestion for starting your day out easy with a win by riding your top rides right away and everything you do on top is a bonus to count as a win. Sorry it didn't come off that way.

It seems that consistently the people who are saying “it is what it is, and we need to go in with realistic expectations” are the ones who can make frequent trips. It’s much easier to be patient and have lower expectations if you know you’ll get many other chances to experience Disney.
I really feel bad for the families who have saved and planned fora couple of years for their Disney vacations right now and have to deal with things the way they are. And while people are quick to say “then they shouldn’t plan to go right now”- it’s simply not that easy to cancel a vacation you’ve been planning that long. They’ve taken their work vacations ( which often times can’t be rescheduled), they don’t want to break their kids hearts by canceling, they possibly have airline tickets that they can’t just cancel without paying a penalty, and so many other reasons. Those are the people I feel so bad for 💔😥

I'm thankful to have these boards and make a decision for our family based on what we've heard is happening. Nobody is forcing me to go now and spend my money at Disney. I have other travel options available from a trip to a local city or elsewhere in the country but for us I'm choosing to spend it at Disney, knowing what to expect.

Many other vacation destinations lock your money into travel the moment you book. Disney doesn't do that so changing dates, postponing, choosing elsewhere are options until the last moment.

Are there any positives about the parks now?
The biggest positive IMO since the reopen is the return of the Disney College Program last month.

There are several thousand already at WDW with thousands more on the way and their impact is already apparent.

Over THREE HUNDRED are working the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival alone.

We are seeing them more and more-we dined at Regal Eagle the other day and it was being almost completely run by CPs.

Eventually they will be fanning out to just about every role at WDW and making a tremendous difference in the staffing shortage.

Everybody,when you run into the CPs give them an encouraging word-they are in an unprecedented position for a CP in that they are going to be an integral part of bringing WDW all the way back from a historical shutdown.

I am sure that reality brings with it some "pressure" and "weight" to the CPs so a kind word to them would be nice. :)

At

least those people made an effort.
I have pics of the trash people just left on tables, even when a Trash can (not overflowing) was five feet away

My disgust isn’t from people being messy, it’s that Disney thinks it’s acceptable to let trash pile up like this. People not cleaning up their tables has always happened.Disney doing this has not.

Today I was seated next to strangers on Rise of Resistance, Mission Space and no more skipping a seat in Soarin’ between parties. We did not get a lot done due to rain. Asked Test Track if you could design cars yet and was told no.

You can design cars at TT. We just did it on Sunday

Agree. For ~5k I expect more than 3 rides per day and nothing but long lines for food, rides,etc., this is not vacation. When I booked this trip, Disney had limited capacity. A few weeks before our trip they increased capacity, a few days before our trip, capacity was increased again and during our trip capacity was increased. That’s just greed. Without increased park hours, increased staffing and increased entertainment to help with crowds, Disney knew it woukd be a mess for guests. Why increase capacity knowing this. I get it, they’re a business and making money is the priority but if I knew that capacity would’ve been increased like this, I would’ve selected a different destination for better value and a much better experience. My teens have no desire to return after this trip and neither do I.

Same with my teens, who have been coming since they were babies and used to look forward to coming here all year. I really disagree with the people who say “10-15 years ago, people were making the same complaints” - we’ve been coming for almost 15 years and this has been by far our least enjoyable trip. It is also by far our most expensive trip even though we’re staying in the same place and eating at the same places. Disney is charging more right now for far less and I won’t be fooled again.

Let’s return this thread to people sharing the actual experiences they are having and away from questioning why people would/would not go or if we feel we’re getting our money’s worth.

I got caught up in it too but we need to return this thread to the topic it was created for.

Thanks.

Same with my teens, who have been coming since they were babies and used to look forward to coming here all year. I really disagree with the people who say “10-15 years ago, people were making the same complaints” - we’ve been coming for almost 15 years and this has been by far our least enjoyable trip. It is also by far our most expensive trip even though we’re staying in the same place and eating at the same places. Disney is charging more right now for far less and I won’t be fooled again.
Same here. I also feel like I was prepared for the lesser experience but got taken when Disney decided to raise attendance but not capacity on the first day of our trip. Very frustrating.

DHS today:
Rope drop MFSR, which I enjoyed but can’t steer worth a darn! Then Oga’s, shopping and Savi’s before lunch at Woody’s and then ROTR. I haven’t heard anyone say yet that your experience can differ slightly each time on this ride- which is cool. Not going to elaborate because I do t want to spoil anything, and I don’t mean not getting preshows- the ride itself.
Returned to the hotel to rest and swim. Headed back to DHS after dinner at Sanaa. Arrived around 6:45. Went straight to TSMM. Posted 55, took about 45. Did see a lot of DAS and a couple of your groups go through. Then went to SDD for our final ride of the night. Posted 70, took about 45. In the past we could have done TSMM twice but this time only had time to ride once. However, we met the objective of riding both prior to park close. With shorter lines and much less heat/sun. Also love TSL snd DHS in general with the lights on.

I would also like to add that we had park hopper so for example on Tuesday we arrived at epcot around 1pm went to that land area because it was so hot we rode Nemo 10min wait then explored the aquarium went to that earth show next living with land 10 min wait. Next was sorin 20min ate in that cafeteria for got the name hop to AK around rode safari twice 20min each animals was very active went to FOP around 7 posted 115min wait didn't wait instead hop to MK ate dinner peco bill grabbed a spot for fireworks next rode people mover no wait did space rangers no wait was back at Saratoga around 1030pm and hung at small pool until midnight we didnt do major rides but still had a good time Lines do seem to go down later in the evening maybe try none popular rides during day and major rides at night when the temperature drop

So does anyone know if the Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavillion has opened the food court so that you can go in and order directly at the stations or is it still limited selections and mobile order only? They used to have a great bakery counter with lots of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter