Question - I have the Touring Plans Lines app and have been randomly checking lines for about two weeks since our trip is in a couple weeks. They are reporting lines as somewhat less than the official app, and they haven't looked any worse than a normal summer trip. (For example, I don't think they've reported Barnstormer as more than 20 minutes, and we once waited 30 WITH a Fast Pass in August- yes for Barnstormer).

So I guess I'm wondering if Touring Plans lines app is way off this summer?
Not sure, there have been reports of not as many ppl reporting on TP which makes it not as accurate, but also many reports saying it's been pretty accurate. I did want to add that we've gone at all times during the year and am pretty shocked you waited 30 mins for Barnstormer with a fastpass...I'm guessing something was wrong/broke/crazy new CM or something.

Having said that if you're good waiting 30 mins for Barnstormer with a fastpass; I think you'll be good to go this trip and the lines probably won't bother you.

Not sure, there have been reports of not as many ppl reporting on TP which makes it not as accurate, but also many reports saying it's been pretty accurate. I did want to add that we've gone at all times during the year and am pretty shocked you waited 30 mins for Barnstormer with a fastpass...I'm guessing something was wrong/broke/crazy new CM or something.

Having said that if you're good waiting 30 mins for Barnstormer with a fastpass; I think you'll be good to go this trip and the lines probably won't bother you.

We weren't happy with the Barnstormer wait! My kids had recently decided to try baby coasters that trip, so they desperately wanted to ride it! But it definitely happened. I would also say we've waited longer for Haunted Mansion and BTMRR with a FP than I am seeing Touring Plans report for standby for the most part. (I guess we've had bad luck, but I find WDW Fast Pass lines WAY longer than Universal Express Pass lines, for example. 🤷‍♀️)

Epcot today: I have failed at nearly every TP entry today because I lose service at the start of nearly every ride. We got on Three Caballeros as a walk-on but 10min later the line was out of the building. 45min posted wait for Frozen changed to 35min posted while we were in line, but was actually 55. TP timed out in trying to post my actual wait - lots of people used the FP line while we were in line. Posted wait was up to 65 soon after we got off. Walked to TT, down, SE down right when we got there. It’s raining and lines for all food kiosks or QS are long. Epcot construction, which I was prepared for, is worse than I thought it would be. I understand why people are saying they’re skipping Epcot right now.

Epcot today: I have failed at nearly every TP entry today because I lose service at the start of nearly every ride. We got on Three Caballeros as a walk-on but 10min later the line was out of the building. 45min posted wait for Frozen changed to 35min posted while we were in line, but was actually 55. TP timed out in trying to post my actual wait - lots of people used the FP line while we were in line. Posted wait was up to 65 soon after we got off. Walked to TT, down, SE down right when we got there. It’s raining and lines for all food kiosks or QS are long. Epcot construction, which I was prepared for, is worse than I thought it would be. I understand why people are saying they’re skipping Epcot right now.

So FP is running now?

Took these at about 9:15 this am in case anyone wants to know wait times at official park open.
View attachment 589491View attachment 589490

thank you! What time did you arrive and what time were you let in the park? We got to the IG at Epcot at 10:15 today, there were already two long lines, were let in through security at about 10:25, held in Canada until 10:31, then let into the park. We were on and off Soarin’ by the official open at 11.

thank you! What time did you arrive and what time were you let in the park? We got to the IG at Epcot at 10:15 today, there were already two long lines, were let in through security at about 10:25, held in Canada until 10:31, then let into the park. We were on and off Soarin’ by the official open at 11.
We were on the first bus out of AKL at 7:45-ish. Let in the park as soon as we arrived around 8. Queued for TOT. We were the 2nd elevator up to the boiler room. Got off and went directly to RNRC with about a 15-20 minute wait to the backstage passes room. Made a pit stop in the Cars area and then took those photos around 9:15. This was our 2nd day at DHS and same procedure- queue from 8-8:30 and then they open the rides, or at least the headliners.

MK is a hard 9:00 open, in case you needed to know that- we did it yesterday.

We were on the first bus out of AKL at 7:45-ish. Let in the park as soon as we arrived around 8. Queued for TOT. We were the 2nd elevator up to the boiler room. Got off and went directly to RNRC with about a 15-20 minute wait to the backstage passes room. Made a pit stop in the Cars area and then took those photos around 9:15. This was our 2nd day at DHS and same procedure- queue from 8-8:30 and then they open the rides, or at least the headliners.

MK is a hard 9:00 open, in case you needed to know that- we did it yesterday.

Thanks so much! I had read that Epcot was a hard 11 open but that was not the case today. Will definitely get to HS early, not as early to MK, though I know wait times build quickly in all parks so we will try to arrive in time to be near the front of RD.

Has anyone ridden rides during fireworks since they've retuned to MK & EP? We're not a firework family so this strategy has worked for us in the past.

Thanks so much! I had read that Epcot was a hard 11 open but that was not the case today. Will definitely get to HS early, not as early to MK, though I know wait times build quickly in all parks so we will try to arrive in time to be near the front of RD.

What time were you let in to Epcot? Inquiring minds want to know..... :-)

Let in at about 10:20, set “free” at 10:30, we walked straight to Soarin and got right on. A good number of people went to Soarin but I’d say most went to either TT or Frozen, based on direction of crowds.
Regarding Epcot.

From what I have inferred, it sounds like international gateway entry guests are at a bit of a disadvantage for test track due to the proximity of where they queue Vs front entry guests. Would it be better to hit Soarin or frozen first if you want to beat the front entry lines?

Dan

Regarding Epcot.

From what I have inferred, it sounds like international gateway entry guests are at a bit of a disadvantage for test track due to the proximity of where they queue Vs front entry guests. Would it be better to hit Soarin or frozen first if you want to beat the front entry lines?

Dan

we were held midway through Canada, so that wasn’t too bad as far as getting to either TT or Soarin. We did Soarin today so I can’t speak to TT but I think that it’s fairly equal for both entry points. Probably an advantage for IG guests to get to Frozen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter